The COVID Vaccination Thread

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Honestly seems like they're dying more slowly these days. There was a point, not too long ago, where you would get this kind of report two, even three time a day. And you still can't explain that it's because the more of the general population is vaccinated, the less likely the disease is to spread and that ALONE is what's protecting them.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm trying hard to not get a perverse level of joy from these reports, but it's difficult. I mean, I have sympathy for those who listen to those knuckleheads, the common morons who just don't know any better. But those who pushed the message, kept the conspiracies in the air, I don't have sympathy for them at all. There is a difference, though, between not having sympathy and celebrating or, to a lesser extent, just basking in the schaudenfreude of it.

Yet here I am, a stab of perverse joy in my heart, thinking that one more voice pushing bullshit and actively causing harm, is gone.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
It's not perverse joy. It's ******* HOPE. We've been in this position for the last, what? 40 years? Where money and playing politics is actively destroying the future: but the future is FINALLY biting back. Everyone of these wastes of carbon that die is pushing the darkness back just a little bit more.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I can only hope that in this idiots death some good will come when people who used to listen to him decide to get vaccinated.

Hey a man can hope.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I don't have hope anymore. I just sincerely don't feel much of anything when yet another antivaxxer dies. Being an evangelist doesn't help his case either.

So, yeah. Nothing of value was lost.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
I was tossed between putting this here, or in the stupid republicans thread.

So, it turns out that trump knew he had covid days before that first debate with biden way back when. He deliberately and intentionally spread the disease and then lied about it.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Got my moderna booster yesterday. MASSIVE headache today, and a little lightheaded off and on, but the effects weren't as strong as the second shot.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was tossed between putting this here, or in the stupid republicans thread.

So, it turns out that trump knew he had covid days before that first debate with biden way back when. He deliberately and intentionally spread the disease and then lied about it.
Cue Iago. "Whyyyt am I NOT surpriiiised."

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Seems like someone in ontario forged some canadian government papers claiming the unvaccinated are going to be arrested. So nice to see that stupid is without borders.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
As if that would even be a bad thing.
As much as I want to agree with you on the basics of sanity: I can't really conceive of a context in which it would actually be good.

Making the vaccine passports required to get clothes, food and gas, however... If you can't convince these people to get vaccinated for their own health, and you can't ******* shame them into doing it: then you ******* starve them. a few weeks of eating order out will have them all thinking twice about getting the jab.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
So hey! Saskatchewans premier has openly called for an end to "the stigmatization of the unvaccinated". And did so without a hint of irony.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The plague rats.

I'm surprised they're not happy to be "plague rats" as long as they're not "sheep".

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I called it. Called it weeks ago:
At my hospital, our ICU cases have surged up to 6. Not all COVID, mind you, but it likely means at LEAST 3-4 are. A lot more than the 1 or 2 (if THAT!) that would move through earlier in November. The obvious correlation is that people traveled and gathered for Thanksgiving, and god knows how widespread Omicron is by this point.

Which means things will cool off around Christmas only to surge, AGAIN a week after New Year's.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Got my Booster on Thursday.
It's kicking my ass worse than both Vaccination shots ever did.

Fever, Headache, muscle ache, and general poor coordination.

No regrets on getting it, though.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I was the exact opposite. First two shots left me bedridden for the better part of a day; yesterday I got the booster and I've barely felt any effects that I couldn't put down to lack of sleep. I was sicker than this on a random Sunday in July.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Alright, so the news ticker this morning has a blurb about the recently suspended CPS officer attending a "freedom rally". The dude was suspended for comparing vaccine mandates to the holocaust, and the stupid fuckers last posting was a hate crimes unit, so... yeah.

Then it kinda occurred to me: quebec is the province with the highest vaccination rate in the country. It's also the provinces with little to no conservative presence in it. I got no idea how to go about quantifying it, but this just supports the idea that the tories are the ones politicizing the vaccine.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Missouri has made it illegal to order anyone to isolate or quarantine for COVID-19.

Attachments

• FGW8hbfXoAQ-E9V.jpg
    FGW8hbfXoAQ-E9V.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 48

Top Bottom