The COVID Vaccination Thread

Cyoti

Citizen
If these guys trust Ivermectin and their Facebook MDs more than actual hospitals with real life doctors and nurses, one wonders why they are even taking up a bed in the ICU? Why don't they just treat themselves at home? There are people waiting for a bed in Michigan who actually got sick legitimately and not because they refused a life saving vaccine.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Literally entitlement. They're entitled to tie up resources with their stupidity, they're entitled to drag the whole mess out in court with their ignorance and outrage. They're entitled to tell doctors where to shove it when they aren't getting what they want.

The part they deliberately and consistently ignore is that they are entitled to die for their stupidity, their ignorance, their outrage.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
These are the same people who will scream about how getting or giving an abortion will damn your soul to Hell, then go in for an abortion themselves, not only without a hint of irony, but still yelling the staff that they're going to Hell for it. Logic has no place here.

TrnsfrmGod

Citizen
If these guys trust Ivermectin and their Facebook MDs more than actual hospitals with real life doctors and nurses, one wonders why they are even taking up a bed in the ICU? Why don't they just treat themselves at home? There are people waiting for a bed in Michigan who actually got sick legitimately and not because they refused a life saving vaccine.
I suspect it may be a result of the hospital/doctors doing their friggin' job and keeping the guy alive. Once he's in, and on a ventilator, could this woman have even had him discharged and brought home?

He got diagnosed on Nov 10, and didn't get the first dose of Ivermectin until Dec. 5. She said that the hospital had "played nasty, vile, wicked games for two days and delayed further." She was even going to go as far as sneaking in the Ivermectin, in a sterilized Rubbermaid cup, to give to him before the court ruled.

Honestly, it looks to me like the hospital was doing all it could to keep the guy alive, in spite of his wife's efforts.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wonko and Mollusk hit the core points. We've had more than a few people who scoffed at the vaccine...until they were struggling to breath and begged for it, for anything, to help them.
I suspect it may be a result of the hospital/doctors doing their friggin' job and keeping the guy alive. Once he's in, and on a ventilator, could this woman have even had him discharged and brought home?

He got diagnosed on Nov 10, and didn't get the first dose of Ivermectin until Dec. 5. She said that the hospital had "played nasty, vile, wicked games for two days and delayed further." She was even going to go as far as sneaking in the Ivermectin, in a sterilized Rubbermaid cup, to give to him before the court ruled.

Honestly, it looks to me like the hospital was doing all it could to keep the guy alive, in spite of his wife's efforts.
The only way to have "brought him home" would be to put him on Hospice care...which is a touchy subject with the kind of infection COVID is. Not that this woman seems like she'd be the kind of person to even consider that. Ventilation is very much an emergency intervention, but there are long term solutions...which aren't something that is likely to be considered given the nature of COVID.

In fairness, Ivermectin HAS shown to have an impact on COVID...at the earliest stages of the infection. The time to get it would have been back on November 10th...not a month later and on the vent. By the time they hit the ventilation stage...practically the only thing we can do is to support them as much as we can and HOPE they survive the virus's progression. There ARE options and treatments for early stage COVID infections (monoclonal antibody treatments being a big one), but my gut says they probably "put things off" until the husband reached a point where ventilation was a necessity
And again, at that stage, there really isn't much to do aside from supportive care as the virus is basically too rampant and the body too weakened by that point.

Of course, if they had gotten a vaccine, it's highly likely that he would not have gotten that sick to begin with.

Legally, the hospital really can't do much about the bullshit people who deny the vaccine (and other treatments) and then end up on the vent. Medical ethics, laws and all that garbage. I can guarantee there are more than a few of us in healthcare that would have ZERO problem kicking some of these people home on a tank of oxygen and saying "good luck asshole".

Kup

Citizen
My wife (sometimes) takes (prescribed) ivermectin for her skin. I say sometimes because she’s not the most consistent with taking pills.

She and I are double vaxxed. My daughter caught covid mid November and passed it to me. Despite sleeping in the same bed for 4 days from the onset of symptoms to the day I finally took an at-home test, she never caught it. We isolated as best as possible from that moment, but the fact is she was exposed more intimately than, say, a classroom setting (where we assume our daughter caught it).

All to say that an urgent care nurse told her point blank “oh good, you had all of that covid resistance built up (from the ivermectin).” I can’t *deny* the possibility any more than she can confirm it. Then again, we’re not talking the TSC horse medication version either.

FWIW, my wife got her booster this week. She’s been down for two days with it. I have to wait until February at least now.

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Moderna 2: Moderner got me severely ill for 2 days. High fever, debilitating headache that made it hard to talk, see, or even think straight.

Moderna III: This Time It's Modernal is less severe but more lingering. 2 days of mid fever and swollen lymph nodes, now into day 5 of headache, body ache, forgetfulness / brain fog, wildly racing heartbeat whenever I climb stairs. My wife had much the same.

I'm done, this is not gonna be every 6 months. The next time I ever get a COVID shot will be after my personal doctor has looked at my antibody scores and told me I need it.

Last edited:

Kup

Citizen
Every time I tell my wife this will be an every six month thing she says the same thing. Took her almost 3 full days to be back to normal.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Quebec is cutting store capacity to 50% again, and skipping the anticipated "increased number of people in the home" bump. Also restricting singing and dancing in bars again. And the canadian goverment is asking people NOT to travel out of the country.

Except the tories: who claim planes are the safest possible way to travel.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen

wonko the sane?

Citizen
As of 1pm!

Schools, bars, theaters, gyms, and various other businesses are CLOSED! Restaurants are open under STRICT guidelines; population caps, vaccine requirements and restrictive hours. Retail stores are open under strict hours, masks requirements and population caps. Remote work (if possible.) is MANDATORY. So that's all folks, the province of quebec is functionally closed, see you all in the spring.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
As of 1pm!

Schools, bars, theaters, gyms, and various other businesses are CLOSED! Restaurants are open under STRICT guidelines; population caps, vaccine requirements and restrictive hours. Retail stores are open under strict hours, masks requirements and population caps. Remote work (if possible.) is MANDATORY. So that's all folks, the province of quebec is functionally closed, see you all in the spring.

But this time without much in the way of government support. Gonna be a great winter for the unemployed with children to feed, with record-high food prices.

At least our beloved government representatives are still getting their full salaries and platinum-plated pensions, though, despite year and year of failures.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Don't forget, quebec also features the highest taxes and lowest standard of living in the country.

Oh, and they still plan on passing bills which will irrevocably depress the economy: but we seem have to gotten a reprieve from that for the moment as they've missed their first deadline for it.

Top Bottom