The Cheesecake Bakery

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
This is perhaps more of a strawberry tart or a parfait than cheesecake as such. But the Tube of You told me of this channel, and it seems worth sharing. What do you think?

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Fight sets
1bc8e243161079835d83b580675c31e3.pngEs9Ot3GUYAIXgO8.jpgFdfwXRMVsAEaT1Y.jpgFdM0HsHXkAEUPXl.jpgFFbRBEEaIAI87-k.jpghsample_1384f52bac51d02d8b0c2be0fe028925.jpg
sample_bc73ee324d602f0b8681440316670059.jpgwFXe660XWYAEjjdF.jpg

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This is perhaps more of a strawberry tart or a parfait than cheesecake as such. But the Tube of You told me of this channel, and it seems worth sharing. What do you think?

My Japanese girlfriend hates girls like her. There was a woman at the local AU mobile phone shop that spoke like her and my missus wasn't impressed. The video lass also could spell "praying"...

Apart from that, I'm sure the video was great...

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
My Japanese girlfriend hates girls like her. There was a woman at the local AU mobile phone shop that spoke like her and my missus wasn't impressed. The video lass also could spell "praying"...

Did your GF use the term ぶりっこ "burikko"? Slang for overly cutesy girls, typically putting up a front to appeal to people (usually men). Unsure if it's even still in use these days.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
My Japanese girlfriend hates girls like her.
...voice actors? Youtube personalities? 🙂

Did your GF use the term ぶりっこ "burikko"? Slang for overly cutesy girls, typically putting up a front to appeal to people (usually men). Unsure if it's even still in use these days.
Ah. Still I am learning, but that's to be expected.

Anyway, it turns out that Mairi/Miley has a response of sorts to that label....

If you jump to the 15:40 mark, there's some real artistry and showmanship on display at one of the stalls our guide visits.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
She didn't but my first Japanese girlfriend properly did. The woman at the AU shop was REALLY high, like Chip & Dale level. I pointed out that even minor feminine "keigo" (football, polite and highly pitched Japanese) can be seen the same way by some foreigners (like grumpy old me).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
...voice actors? Youtube personalities? 🙂
Anyone, especially in real life. She doesn't usually state anything like that as she's a nice person (unlike me) so to hear her complain about the AU woman was surprising.

I like a bit of kawaii as much as the next person, but I can't deal with the overly fake style.

Still, that's rather peeing on the parade in a cheesecake thread, non?

Last edited:

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I'm def not a fan of the stereotype/pressure for Japanese girls to be cute and girly, but to each their own.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Still, that's rather peeing on the parade in a cheesecake thread, non?
I might be the wrong person to ask about that.

I mean, I legitimately like things such as onsenmanjukun or TootyMcNooty's "phrog" animations....
608243517.jpg

phrog-you-got-it.gif

...but at the same time, my first major contribution to this thread involved swimsuit wearing cosplayers getting into a water balloon fight... that ended when one of them hacked the minds of the others. And I keep trying to get tec to acknowledge the ladies of the Literature Club, who both embody and deconstruct a fair number of stock tropes involving Japanese culture (at least as weebs perceive it)....
only-legends-will-get-this-v0-utpfgswftot91.png
(Reddit's typical anime premise, as reenacted by Monika and Yuri)

Oh, and then, of course, there's Katawa Shoujo, which takes young ladies that normally wouldn't be included in visual novels and says "These are also worthy of affection...."
2115739-wallpaper_1200044.jpg

Last edited:

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I'm def not a fan of the stereotype/pressure for Japanese girls to be cute and girly, but to each their own.
It can be a fine line between yasashi-sa and a Stepford Smile.

Sometimes I explore that line, sometimes I think this aphorism is true: 日本人じゃないと仕方ない。

This thread may not be the best locale to go on at length about such things, though. Much as I sometimes enjoy subverting the original premise, as above.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Tec ignores anything he doesn't like. About as furry as he gets is animal ears/tails.

Top Bottom