The Book of Boba Fett

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah that was a great episode of the Mandalorian. Can't wait to see him visiting Grogu at Jedi school next week.

*someone whispers*

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EPISODE OF THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT! HE WASN'T IN IT SO HOW CAN IT BE AN EPISODE OF THE BOOK OF BOBA FETT!?

That said, great to see Din back and them stealth season premiering Season 3. Also makes me wonder why there's only 7 episodes if we can afford to throw one Mando's way.

Ironbite-ahh well. Just good to see an actual character in this show.

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, it'd definitely affect the sort of jobs he can take, pretty much limited to "target hasn't left the planet yet" and "we don't want them coming back alive". Unless shipping people frozen in carbonite is something the commercial liners will do.

---Dave

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
It was a Womp Rat, she even calls it that.
images - 2022-02-02T210944.092.jpeg

Googled. Ew. Yet somehow, could have been more freaky alien like.

Thefakelink

Citizen
Don’t get me wrong, so am I.
But I’m here for Mandalorian S2.5. The fact that they’re just switching to another narrative altogether makes me wonder why they even bothered with Boba Fett. So far, his arc has been dragged out and overblown. Mind, I’ve only seen about half of ep 6 so far.

EDIT: Just finished ep 6. I hope there’s a definite note for this season to end on and not a major cliffhanger.
Also, I hope a certain someone has a larger role to play in the next episode. And I don’t mean Boba Fett.

Last edited:

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think it's fantastic. This is the true evolution of the Star Wars universe post RotJ. If they want to use Book of Boba Fett as a backdoor to engagement with the setting at large, more power to them.

Hell, just seeing Luke again was a treat.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Did everyone spot the Boba Fett camo this week? It was easy to miss!

Okay in less snark, I'm not one to usually to do the whole "Hes from the other thing!" reaction but man when it suddenly dawned on me that I recognized that hat and coat on the figure coming in from the distance. Cad ******* Bane, I was not expecting him for some reason. Did a really decent job I think even if he did have a few odd lip movements.

Also Luke. Damn. What a glowup. At first I thought "oh okay so it looks better but they are doing the whole talking off screen thing so they don't have to do as much work" but then they just knocked it out of the park with the effects for the rest of the episode.

I feel like Lukes choice at the end has to be a false one however. Like it makes no sense that Luke of all people would be all "nah we can't have you having attachments as a jedi, pick training or your foster dad". I feel like if anything Luke would want him to pick the armor

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I watched the first seasons of Clone Wars so I saw Cad Bane (he has small boot jets, right?) But I don't know what he is renowned for. Hope they weren't fatalities.

I'm guessing the sand is the spice? Couldn't they have called it something else?

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
JGvq5Zt.jpg

I like the whole interconnected EU thing going on, particularly since I'm actually invested in most of these characters, but man is this show's structure just weird. Reminds me, ironically, of Legacy of the Force suspending the main story for barely-relevant (but far better) Boba Fett digressions.

It's also odd that Ahsoka and Luke have already met offscreen. I was looking forward to that moment Snips finds out her former master's legacy lies in his kids doing right where the old Jedi Order and Republic did wrong and not the darkness Vader brought to the galaxy... but we skipped that! I mean I guess we can eventually see Ahsoka and Luke's first meeting still, but the moment's been spoiled now.

And once again I'm wishing they'd decanonize the ST because sandwiching the whole Grogu story between two different Jedi Massacres is friggin' daft.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I'm guessing the sand is the spice? Couldn't they have called it something else?
It's a legacy thing. Besides, I kind of suspect "spice" was always inspired by Dune, and now that Dune is a thing at the moment, I dig the idea that spice is "space cocaine" in Star Wars.

While I can lament the lack of Boba Fett these last couple of episodes...I won't deny I've been highly entertained. And Cad Bane? It really IS like they're using a toy box for characters! I love it!

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
That was a good Star Wars.

A lot of never thought I'd see that in this episode.

Luke looked a million times better likely because they have the deep fake guy working with them. Awesome that he and Ahsoka know each other. I wonder if Luke knows that Grogu should be with Din and he's driving him that way.

Very surprised to see Cad Bane. They're probably glad they didn't produce that episode where he was killed in Clone Wars (IIRC).

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
It's also odd that Ahsoka and Luke have already met offscreen. I was looking forward to that moment Snips finds out her former master's legacy lies in his kids doing right where the old Jedi Order and Republic did wrong and not the darkness Vader brought to the galaxy... but we skipped that! I mean I guess we can eventually see Ahsoka and Luke's first meeting still, but the moment's been spoiled now.

I can imagine a scene post-ANH in which Luke actually meets Ahsoka and they have an exchange like this:

Ahsoka: "Skywalker. I knew your father."

Luke: "You carry a lightsaber. Two lightsabers! Are you a Jedi?"

Ahsoka: "I was. A long time ago. My name is Ahsoka."

Luke: "I could use a teacher, Ahsoka. Ben Kenobi told me the Jedi were nearly extinct, but I want to become one. Can you help me?"

Ahsoka: "I don't think that's a good idea."

Luke: "What? Why?!"

Ahsoka: "Look, Skyguy: you did a good job at Yavin, but not everyone should be a Jedi just because they're strong in the Force."

Luke: "I don't understand."

Ahsoka: "I know, and I'm sorry, but I can't be your teacher. One last thing: you should stay clear of Darth Vader. If you ever find yourself anywhere near him, don't fight him. Don't even talk to him. Just run."

Luke: "He killed my father! He killed Ben!"

Ahsoka: "That's all I'm going to say. May the Force be with you."

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I hope they don't squander him. He'd make an excellent recurring villain, which makes sense since he was based on Lee Van Cleef...

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I can imagine a scene post-ANH in which Luke actually meets Ahsoka and they have an exchange like this:

Ahsoka: "Skywalker. I knew your father."

Luke: "You carry a lightsaber. Two lightsabers! Are you a Jedi?"

Ahsoka: "I was. A long time ago. My name is Ahsoka."

Luke: "I could use a teacher, Ahsoka. Ben Kenobi told me the Jedi were nearly extinct, but I want to become one. Can you help me?"

Ahsoka: "I don't think that's a good idea."

Luke: "What? Why?!"

Ahsoka: "Look, Skyguy: you did a good job at Yavin, but not everyone should be a Jedi just because they're strong in the Force."

Luke: "I don't understand."

Ahsoka: "I know, and I'm sorry, but I can't be your teacher. One last thing: you should stay clear of Darth Vader. If you ever find yourself anywhere near him, don't fight him. Don't even talk to him. Just run."

Luke: "He killed my father! He killed Ben!"

Ahsoka: "That's all I'm going to say. May the Force be with you."
You make an interesting point. Since Ahsoka is known to have been active in the Rebellion before Luke, she could hardly be unaware of him post-Yavin. How DID she respond to that? What did she do between ANH and when we see her in the post-ROTJ era?

Top Bottom