The Book of Boba Fett

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yes it’s pretty bad when the best episode of the series
really isn’t an episode for it’s own series. Man I kept thinking we would get to Tattooine faster and they would get in contact sooner. But Din just stole the whole show. Boba who?

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Wizard!

Just straight up an episode from a far better show. This is the way.

Not sure what I liked more: the explanation for that Bo-Katan/Darksaber "plothole", or the promise of more Grogu.

Someone really likes Phantom Menace, hehe.

The Naboo starfighter doesn't seem like a good replacement for the Razor Crest, like at all. Especially since Din barely fits in the darn thing (nevermind cargo or bounties). Maybe he'll eventually gain a mothership, like how the Ghost from Rebels had it's own little shuttle.
Like how heavily modified the N1 was.

Also, a ringworld, cool! I wonder how that day/night system works?

Last edited:

Thefakelink

Citizen
I’d hate to think that the planned story for Boba Fett was so thin that they had to devote an entire episode to another character.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I liked how he
didn't know how to use the dark saber much like Sabine did. Wonder who will help him with that. Also realistic that he injured himself with it. Sad to see the super go and as neat as his ship is, definitely not good for bringing back bounties on its own. Dark saber is also a better lightsaber than probably any other saber due to the beskar hilt. Can't destroy the hilt with another saber.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Wizard!

Just straight up an episode from a far better show. This is the way.

Not sure what I liked more: the explanation for that Bo-Katan/Darksaber "plothole", or the promise of more Grogu.

Someone really likes Phantom Menace, hehe.

The Naboo starfighter doesn't seem like a good replacement for the Razor Crest, like at all. Especially since Din barely fits in the darn thing (nevermind cargo or bounties). Maybe he'll eventually gain a mothership, like how the Ghost from Rebels had it's own little shuttle.
Like how heavily modified the N1 was.

Also, a ringworld, cool! I wonder how that day/night system works?

Really loved all the Episode One love.

The hotrod Naboo Starfighter was sick. It clearly has a cute little Grogu dome, but I'm betting we see a too big bounty crammed in at some point as well. I'm also hoping he gets a carrier ship for it Cowboy Bebop style.

Seeing the ringworld, and commercial flight was interesting.

not sure if BD bodes well or Ill for Cal, or if it's even the same BD.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
To be fair Mando did more to make the character likeable in his first episode than Boba has done in his appearances in 3 movies and the smattering of other canon appearances he's made. Din Djarin is simply a better character.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. I was wondering what all the hype was about (I didn't pick up on the musical cue from last ep) so I was absolutely surprised to see him at the start. It was a pleasantly fun episode as a whole, almost slice of life. It's soooo cute that he wanted to go visit him, aaaaaw.

Er, what was that terrifying thing that was chewing on her? Like, why weren't they panicking or something afterwards. They treated her near death like it was a common thing.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
To be fair Mando did more to make the character likeable in his first episode than Boba has done in his appearances in 3 movies and the smattering of other canon appearances he's made. Din Djarin is simply a better character.
Din is great, but he is pretty much just the Boba Fett from every 9 year olds imagination after watching ESB, and reading about all his gadgets. That is why Boba, can't be Boba anymore.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
InShot_20220128_173152131.jpg

Is this what they're going for? It's super cute and all but, aw, he's far away from pilot. And there's no room for his toys.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 3782
Is this what they're going for? It's super cute and all but, aw, he's far away from pilot. And there's no room for his toys.

It's basically Homer's sound-proof kid dome:

the-homer-inline4.jpg

I can see Din appreciating it's merits.

I finally saw the new episode last night. I was expecting a Mando-heavy episode, but I was surprised that it was a straight up episode of the Mandelorian from start to finish. Like, with what I can only assume are pretty important Season 3 plot points being introduced (learning to control the Darksaber, being expelled from his clan with a clear but difficult way to re-earn entry, the admission that he isn't really ready to let Grogu go just yet), and absolutely zero mention of anything resembling the Boba Fett plot until the very last minute of the show (well, other than a passing mention of the Pike's coming to town). I mean, it was a good episode of the Mandelorian. It would have made a fine Season 3 opener. It just didn't move the Boba Fett plot forward in any way.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Technically a Mandolorian meme and not a Book of Boba Fett meme, but that's how we roll these days:

37f87ebd8a7c625037ac68891104d596.jpg

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That episode was wizard!

Echo everything everyone else said about the ship being cool but not for him and his job. Still great episode, and I look forward to seeing how he is going to help in the all out war against the pikes!

Ryougabot

Citizen
My son asked why a Naboo fighter, Without thinking, I said, "Because Playmates still has the mold for it, and they can bring the toy to market quicker" I hope I am wrong

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
That’s the real reason for the episode: to introduce the new ride for Mando so Hasbro and Mattel can sell a bunch of it and have it out by the time season 3 rolls along.
$7 Hot Wheels
$25-30 Mission Fleet
$100 Vintage
Haslab $200 6” version.

And they’ll ALL SELL!

Top Bottom