The Book of Boba Fett

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
This show's annoyingly erratic, and it feels like we're finally at the point it should've started at... at the half-way point.

YOU FOOL
7lKy8ah.png

Rabbit droids, Slave 1 action, and "both original and special edition are canon" Sarlaac, oh my!

"I've still got a score to settle..." *mercilessly strafes a bike gang in a gunship* Boy I WISH that had been the tone this entire time.

The hangar escape sure highlights a major fault in the Slave 1's design.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I loved the episode! Made me go back and watch the episode where he gets his armor.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
it feels like we're finally at the point it should've started at... at the half-way point.

My exact thought at the end of the episode. I guess the last three episodes are going to be the actual show?

I like a slow burn, I like character development, I like world-building. But we're now done with four out of seven episodes, and while there have been scenes and ideas I've enjoyed, overall it's just been dull.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
I'm not sure I understand the logic of Fett setting the Wookiee free only to turn around and go "Yeah I wanna hire you" the mext day.

Monique

Guess whos back
Citizen
Situation changed a bit between then and now. Also could be seen as not trying to leverage having him imprisoned to get him to work for him. Gave him his freedom, a chance to go do something on his own and he didnt or couldn't so now here comes the offer

electricidad

Citizen
Did you catch the music cue right at the end? If this doesn't foreshadow a visit from a certain someone, I don't know what does.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I did as a matter of fact.

The more I think about this show the more it feels like two, completely independent and compartmentalized teams were asked to make scenes in a story and both versions were just stitched together post editing. The show can go from "Amazing" to "Why....?" several times during just a single episode.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Uh, I'm not too clear but why did the wookie attack those guys? Was it related to arena fighting?

The impression I got was just that that particular wookiee is a mean drunk, and the whole bit about his arena fighting past was just an attempt to talk him down by appealing to his ego. But I'm fulling willing to accept that I misinterpreted the scene entirely.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Yeah, Trandoshans are the reason the Empire used Wookiee slaves; they were the main traffickers (of both slaves and pelts).

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Am I the only one who thought it was a little wierd he was looking for his armor in the Sarlac? I know he wasn't in great shape, and was pretty out of it when he escaped, but did he think he escaped without it?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
"Well, that's the last place I remember having it, so we'll look there first."

-ZacWilliam, frequently how I look for lost things.

Dvandom

Citizen
They gotta have him in armor every episode for branding reasons, but they also have to explain how he reached the point where he showed up in Mando S2. They could have just left most of the "how he got there" mysterious, but they chose to focus on that story in the Book. I suspect the battle with the Pikes (or however the Lucasian spelling is) will be next season. This season was about getting him to the place where he wants that fight and is ready for it, that's why this week's episode wasn't the first one. It's the dramatic climax, the point where he and the viewer realize (in the flashbacks) why the whole story is happening.

---Dave

electricidad

Citizen
Without spoiling this episode, it really made good on last episode's music cue at the end. But this did feel like an episode from another Star Wars show. (This is not a complaint.) And that "duel" felt just right. Of course Paz Vizsla is going to throw down.

I also genuinely like Amy Sedaris, so I was totally on board for this.

Thefakelink

Citizen
This was the best episode of Mandalorian so far.

seriously though, I’m hoping for a huge payoff in episode 6.

it’s not a good sign when a guest character carries the show better than an absent title character.

Top Bottom