The Book of Boba Fett

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
It would explain a lot in one scene without spoiling any of the surprises later in the OT.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
My head canon is still that Ahsoka was basically Mon Mothma's shadow during the OT. Who better to protect the leader of the Rebel Alliance from would-be assassins and bounty hunters?

Ryougabot

Citizen
I have a couple thoughts.

1. Luke made Grogu choose between armor and a lightsaber...That sounds like an absolute...Luke is a Sith lord!!!!

2. How did Luke get the lightsaber?

3. I love how this season of The Mandelorian is going

Cradok

Citizen
He was at Yoda's hut when he died. I guess he looked around a bit before he left (or went back at some point later).

That was my first thought, but I rewatched the end of RotS; Yoda doesn't have his lightsaber after he drops it at the end of his duel, and he's lost his cloak too so he's just in the jumpsuit he wears, so there's nowhere for him to have it. My guess had been that Palpatine kept it as a trophy, and Luke found it at some point and kept it, but apparently one of the new comics depicts Palpatine as publicly destroying it. So, if you have to count that, then either it's a different one of Yoda's that Luke has, or Palpatine was lying and he actually kept it.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
That was my first thought, but I rewatched the end of RotS; Yoda doesn't have his lightsaber after he drops it at the end of his duel, and he's lost his cloak too so he's just in the jumpsuit he wears, so there's nowhere for him to have it. My guess had been that Palpatine kept it as a trophy, and Luke found it at some point and kept it, but apparently one of the new comics depicts Palpatine as publicly destroying it. So, if you have to count that, then either it's a different one of Yoda's that Luke has, or Palpatine was lying and he actually kept it.
I read something that it was supposed to be in a case at Yoda's hut.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
I read something that it was supposed to be in a case at Yoda's hut.

(Wow I hate Wikia's UI.)

In 2005, Revenge of the Sith had Yoda lose his lightsaber in the duel with Sidious.

In 2016, Complete Locations stated Yoda kept his lightsaber in his hut on Dagobah.

In 2017, Darth Vader vol. 2 #1 had Sidious and Vader observe Mas Amedda overseeing the public incineration of several lightsabers including Yoda's for a crowd on Coruscant.

When asked in 2019, the Lucasfilm Story Group gave a non-answer that it did not matter, stating Yoda had more than one lightaber in his lifetime.

Now in 2022 my interpretation in light of Charles Soule failing to anticipate the Disney+ saga is that Sidious was lying and only burned one of Yoda's backups, having kept Yoda's primary as a trophy.

Dvandom

Citizen
I half expected the Deputy to die because he'd snicker (like I did) when Cad Bane advised the Marshall to not stick his nose where it didn't belong.

I agree with the speculation that
Grogu
will get the Darksaber. Mando will decide that "Win it in combat, lead Mandalore" is toxic to what remains of his people (as shown by the duel he had to fight already), and that it belongs in the hands of a Force-user.

---Dave

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Now in 2022 my interpretation in light of Charles Soule failing to anticipate the Disney+ saga is that Sidious was lying and only burned one of Yoda's backups, having kept Yoda's primary as a trophy.
I see no objection to an interpretation that allows Yoda to have built a new lightsaber at some point post-ROTS. The only real impediment would be getting a new crystal.

Cybersnark

Citizen
Maybe Kyle Katarn gave Luke the saber after he recovered it from Pic.
GgTiMoN.jpg

And yeah, I feel Luke's making a mistake here. The old Jedi Order fell for a reason. Luke's Order has the opportunity to not make the same mistakes. Luke of all people should know that attachments can be valuable.

That's how he saved his father where Ben and Yoda and even Ahsoka failed.

Dvandom

Citizen
Unfortunately, as long as Ep 7-9 are canon, we know Luke failed badly in avoiding the old mistakes. (And I fully expect the spoiler weasels to be shouting about Grogu's choice by 11:05 Central time next Tuesday night.)

---Dave

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
We know that much, sure, but there's a LOT of time for other things in that span. Indeed, it's implied they don't really get anywhere until after ROTJ.
Dave Filoni has stated that the scene with Sabine and Ahsoka looking for Ezra may or may not have taken place before or after what we've seen of Ahsoka in Mando / BoBF.

Doesn't make sense to take place after, but I'm guessing he's saying that in case anything contradicts that.

Cradok

Citizen
Yeah, it would have been nice to have seen something more like the Praxium from the old EU, a group of students all teaching and learning from each other, doing their own studies and developing their own ways, but, nope, we're straight back into Master and Padawan, attachments are the Dark Side, everything must be as it was in The Phantom Menace that depictions of the Jedi have been stuck in since 1999.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You make an interesting point. Since Ahsoka is known to have been active in the Rebellion before Luke, she could hardly be unaware of him post-Yavin. How DID she respond to that? What did she do between ANH and when we see her in the post-ROTJ era?
She was yanked through time after she found out who Vader was until after the battle of Endor, IIRC.

Top Bottom