The blockchain is going to destroy everything

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I assumed they would also control the individual marketplaces (since it's pretty pointless to buy shit FOR diablo in the TF2 market.) and consequently take a cut of each transaction. At least, that's how I would do it if my goal was to literally screw my user base both coming and going.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Which defeats the entire purpose of using a blockchain. At that point a simple database would suffice.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Yeah, but you can't upsell the fees and pricing if there isn't some technobabble bullshit that the majority does not understand.

Edit: sorry, my statement is lacking the explanation of the fundamental realization; blockchain is NOT a computer technology, it is a MARKETING technology.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Turns out the only thing the blockchain broke. . . . was itself.

*sad trombone

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
Gee. Looks like the thing critics have pointed out all along as a flaw of NFTs actually happened. Who could possibly have predicted it.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Binance's defense attorneys at U.S. law firm Gibson Dunn have held meetings in recent months with Justice Department officials, the four people said. Among Binance's arguments: A criminal prosecution would wreak havoc on a crypto market already in a prolonged downturn.
(Insert Top Gear "Oh no! Anyway" meme)

Ironbite4

Citizen
Hey guys, remember FTX, the world's largest cryptocurrancy exchange who's CEO decided to commit Dirty Crimes and got caught? Yeah today was his arrainment date. So he got to plead.

He pled not-guilty.

Keep in mind, two major executives of his company have flipped in order to protect themselves and have given the government EVERYTHING. And Sammy here thinks he's got a shot at an aquitle.

Ironbite-this is gonna be funny.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
No, the optimism of money. Dude literally ripped off billions, he expects to get away with it and let's be real here: the precedent of that is in his favour.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
But he did so using a made-up currency that threatened to disrupt Big Money, so he might actually get the book thrown at him if only to keep the usual lobbyists happy.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
All money is made up currency, some are just older than others.

I just forged a nice wood cutting axe, any one wanna trade for some chickens?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Yes, but his made-up currency didn't have a powerful entity to back it up. It was essentially monopoly money with buzzwords attached to it.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

Top Bottom