Biden-Harris / Dems

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Let's hope and pray that the Roe reversal turnout beats the inflation angry turnout. A lot depends on it.
Which is bullshit, the republicans have never done anything about inflation other than bitch. You'd honestly think a country as money mad as the US would be paying a hell of a lot more attention to fiscal policy.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
The Republicans have never done anything about a lot of their "issues" but bitch. They don't care, though. It's not about actually doing anything, it's about convincing their base that the other side isn't doing anything, while relying on them not noticing that nothing's being done because Republicans stonewall it all the time. But, they also control so much of the media that they can spin it whatever way they want and nobody will notice, so it keeps working.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I think this is actually better news than it seems to be.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
How bad to things have to be before the people who simply don't care, finally care?

Fascism, apparently.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Read the article for once, I'm begging you.

An administration official tells NPR this change will not affect all 4 million borrowers with commercially-held FFEL loans. The official said many FFEL borrowers also have Direct Loans and so can still qualify to consolidate those FFEL loans, though that detail was not included in the department's updated guidance.

Ironbite-jesus.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
giphy.gif

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Finally. I mean: I doubt he'll get it passed, but hey; at least it's a nice incentive for lots.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If Republicans had two brain cells they would jump on board with this to try to shift youth turnout their way. If not I see a lot of 20 and 30 something's turnout to vote for marijuana legalization. Which we need bigger majorities to do. So we'll see. Interesting times.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Ha, yeah right. Republicans think marijuana legislation was drafted out of the movie "reefer madness". Pardon cocaine convictions and legalise xanax abuse? THEN you would get republicans on this.

Hell, GQP won't go for this simply because of the stereotype that more black people smoke. Racism ALONE will get them to, once again, pass on an obvious venue to bring out voters.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
And because there are already tons of black people in prison for possession, who, if they were all pardoned, would suddenly all be allowed to vote again. They definitely don't want that, for multiple reasons.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, if they believe they can charge him, they should just do so. They probably would've done so. Why float this? Just do it.

I can see Republican jockstraps supporters rushing to point and laugh at Democrat supporters and go "ha! What do you have to say NOW?" and then look as utterly baffled and clueless as they behave when they don't get the outraged reaction they want... because the other side isn't a goddamn cult.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Actually charging someone is more complicated than saying you can. Look at Trump. But they can still talk about it just for headlines, and of course they want to cast any shade they can while going into midterms (after all, one Democrat is the same as any other, right?), while also using it as a distraction so their sheep won't notice how Biden is freely giving aid to hurricane victims like a responsible leader should. Whether there's a convincing case or not is secondary to the political theater.

I mean, if there IS a case, then yeah, bring it to a judge. But let's just wait and see if they actually do

wonko the sane?

Citizen
They've plainly admitted they have enough evidence to charge trump and have for a while now: they refuse to do it because of the perception of power he wields.

If they have evidence hunter biden actually committed a crime, take it trial and let him have his day.

Top Bottom