Biden-Harris / Dems

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We're gonna get clobbered in November. Our main hope is that so many terrible Senate candidates leads us to keep it, and we deal with a crazy Republican House again. I don't see a miracle scenario where we keep the House. And 2024 looks bleak. Wish I had better speculation but this is it.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We all know that, but good luck convincing any of the general American public that inflation is anyone's fault but Democrats before November gets here.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Pretty much. Again, the Republican Money Machine controls the propaganda. This will be the albatross they hang over Biden's neck for the election.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Robert Reich is right about corporations but his analysis needs another variable. Inflation was relatively stable for a long time and now it's not. Covid obviously hammered small businesses and increased consolidation, but...

w1pIcan.png

I'm not saying this isn't way too consolidated, but that consolidation has been fairly stable. Before covid it was 85%. After covid, it is still 85%.

We need another explanation.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Beef has a lot of external factors involved in price. A lot of the current increases in beef prices can be linked to environmental factors(aka droughts in the midwest/west). We are at fault for the increases, but it's actually NOT a direct result of consolidation in this case, it's because we, as a nation(or planet), have been ignoring climate scientists for decades. Still Republicans will blame the party that has been calling for environmental protection and not the party that went all in on climate change denial and it will likely stick in the minds of the public.....

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This administration needs to be a lot more vocal about whatever it is they wish Joe Manchin would let them do about it.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
That's the problem - what the hell do you do to reign in inflation while the corporations making gross profits own Congress. I don't know.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
That's the problem - what the hell do you do to reign in inflation while the corporations making gross profits own Congress. I don't know.
You let the corporations rake in record profits, and push the population until the majority is well below the poverty line.

Then you had out forks and barbeque sauce.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
If you are eating barbeque sauce straight... just drink from the bottle.

The forks are for eating the rich, the sauce is to make them palatable.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Why would anyone expect him to be useful at this point? It'd be like expecting Trump or McConnel to grow a conscience.

Rust

Slightly Off
Citizen
Cue the pundits saying how convenient it is he caught COVID when his approval rating is below 40% in 3...2...1....

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I assume Fox will run with that instead of the January 6th hearing in a couple hours.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Inflation Reduction Act passes and Republicans deprive America of $35 insulin, giving Democrats a perfect attack ad for the midterms. Are they trying to lose?!?

Top Bottom