Biden-Harris / Dems

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
My point is that they've made themselves impossible to unseat, so any effort directed at downticket elections is just going to be wasted.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
They aren't impossible to unseat, but to unseat them requires effort on THEIR part. Namely putting resources into education and social services.

Literally why you don't give people the power to define their own paycheques.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Biden approval rating reaches new low. With these numbers I just don't see how we survive 2022 or 2024 with him on the ticket. Yikes.

Ironbite4

Citizen
I'm putting the blame on nobody in the Democrats realizing how easy it would be to pump those numbers up. Manchine and Sinema are not helping things but for hugs sake, just give the people what they want instead of bowing to a minority of the country that couldn't open a bag of chips with an industrial deli slicer.

Ironbite-just....GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
All I can think of to change things for this year is if the Supreme Court does toss Roe v Wade. But even then I'm not trusting the USA public to put a wave together against the Republicans. Most likely they win both houses and we hope that the two years of gridlock with Biden somehow savage the 2024 campaign. If not get ready for part 2 of Trump or just as bad DeSantis. Ugh.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The best we can hope for is either (A) Biden choosing to step down and let Harris run in his stead, and/or (B) Trump continuing to alienate the antivaxxers to the point where they refuse to vote for him, possibly combined with a split vote between him and whatever antivaxxer steps up to be the Republicans' next great white hope.

But considering Biden was dumb/egotistical enough to run in 2020 in the first place when the playing field was already full of better candidates, A is a pipe dream. And Trump, for all his ego, has already all but disappeared from the spotlight, with no sign of planning to run again. Hell, the dude started his reelection campaign the day he was inaugurated; if he had any plans to run in 2024, the official shirts and bumper stickers would have been printed up already.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Better candidates? HAH!

Ironbite-the best field we had was back in 2008 and look where that got us.

Kup

Citizen
^ Something something, he can't grift his supporters if he declares, so watch him declare at the last minute. At least that's the vibe on Reddit. He's milking the donor train, because right now they're not giving to candidate Trump.

Responding to Pocket, not Ironbite4...whoops.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Wait, how does that make sense? It's easier to convince them to send him free money if they don't think it's going toward a campaign? What do they think it's for then? If anything, he's tricking them into assuming he's going to run, but because he hasn't declared yet, he has the freedom to just pocket the money and not run, and because he's Trump, of course that's what he's going to do.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Anyone coming after Trump was gonna be stuck on cleanup duty. The best thing that could happen would be to finish mucking out the stables and step down for a more proactive candidate.

I mean, the best thing that could really happen would be for something unfortunate to happen to McConnel and his flunkies so they'd stop clogging up the works out of childish spite, but let's stay realistic here.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He's going to run if nothing changes. He has openly admitted that he's not saying whether or not he's running yet because of campaign finance rules. I'm sure the FEC found that interesting but I guess he knows they're toothless.

Paladin

Citizen

Attachments

• TomHanksSimpsons.jpg
    TomHanksSimpsons.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 54

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Still waiting for The Simpsons to be right about Trump being dead. heh

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Needs to happen more often, frankly. Of course it won't help his approval ratings, unfortunately.

Top Bottom