Biden-Harris / Dems

Teufel

Citizen
New Jersey state senate president trailing a truck driver who spent $153 on his campaign

New Jersey’s longest-running state senate president seems set to lose his seat his seat to a truck driver who spent only $153 on Dunkin and paper fliers over the course of his campaign.

Democratic Senate President Steve Sweeney trailed Republican challenger Edward Durr, a commercial truck driver, by more than 2,000 votes as of Wednesday afternoon, with more than 99% of precincts reporting. The Associated Press has not yet called a winner.

In Virginia the Republicans also won Lt Governor and Attorney General, electing the first Black woman and Latino to statewide office, respectively.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yay infrastructure passed! Now we just hope for Build Back Better.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
obzgaFe.jpeg

Talk shit, get hit.

Corvus

Citizen
While I believe they should be called out on their hypocrisy, it's best not to waste much time doing so, because they literally do not care. They will not be shamed into doing the right thing or admitting fault, because they have no shame.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
We're at the point where the ONLY point to calling them out on hypocrisy is to prove they can still even see it. There won't be any consequences: and their base absolutely loves the ability to outright break the law and not suffer for it.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
We're also at the point where getting a cheap laugh out of it is about the only thing that lets me pretend for a brief moment that the entire country isn't spiraling the drain with ever-increasing speed while one party is doing their damnedest to mount a turbo engine to push it down even faster. Let me have that, at least.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So we got infrastructure today. That's something! Our roads and bridges will be in good shape as we get steamrolled in 2022!

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Here's the thing. This forthcoming loss in the midterms was always going to happen. That's been the way things have worked for decades.
No it hasn't helped that Manchin and Sinema have absolutely fuckered all plans to do anything outside of a bare minimum, but even had they passed everything those benefits would have rolled out just in time to help Biden in 24 or for the republican to take credit in 25.

The best we can do is plan to keep the presidency. Hopefully Trump keeps his bullshit up and plays this 'ima run in 24' and then pulls a fast one at the last minute. The ongoing investigations help there. If we can keep the GOP from steamrolling into the oval office, we have the potential to slowly creep back from the edge. But we have to keep the presidency and, frankly, it'd really help if McConnell chokes on a CEO's dick and dies taking his obstruction at all costs plans with him.

Paladin

Citizen
When the GOP takes back the House & Senate they will suspend any remaining investigations into Donald or the January 6th attack. That's why they keep trying to delay document releases.

They will welcome him back & deliver the White House on a silver platter.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I don't think Trump is healthy enough to make the run in 24. This is not someone whose taken care of himself.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If he has a pulse he's on the ballot in 24. If he doesn't there's a 50% chance of some Weekend At Bernie's shit.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Worst case scenario: he dies a month before the election and America stupidly elects a dead guy, making whatever swamp creature he has as VP the next President. And it sure won't be Mike Pence.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
I hope Howard Stern is serious about running against him. That's who Trump has basically modeled his own schtick after and it would be glorious to see the original tear him apart in the GOP primaries.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Only if he does the entire campaign in his WWE persona.

"My fellow Americans, CAN YA SMELLLLLLLLALALALALA WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN?!"

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Funny thing is, IF Trump dies before 2024, I'm sure a certain subset of the Q cult will write him in, thinking that he's not ACTUALLY dead, simply hiding for the right moment to return triumphant.

Top Bottom