Biden-Harris / Dems

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Naturally the GOP is gonna turn this into the next huge scandal that they'll be going on about for months, to divert attention from all of their other ongoing scandals.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'll be shocked if this isn't their excuse to impeach him for the first time before the Senate says LOLNO.

MrBlud

Citizen
Not a good look.

Don’t take classified information. If you do happen to have some accidentally with you, promptly alert the authorities and turn them over.

Biden failed the first but he seems to be doing adequately the second.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Given what the republicans are willing to do, have historically been willing to do... this is a conspiracy theory I can believe in. I mean, republicans act the way they do in part because they can't conceive that that people genuinely want to be honest, hard working and law abiding. I can easily see a bunch of trumpists thinking biden would do the exact same thing trump did, and it would mean trump gets out of prosecution.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Until there's evidence of a plant, I don't buy it. I'm much more likely to believe that a man around 80 simply grabbed classified documents by mistake or forgot he had them with him when he left the white house. As far as dems in congress supporting potential conspiracy theories... I can't say I'm that surprised. Stupidity isn't exclusive to right-wingers, despite how things have looked for the past decade. It was the SAME Democrat who was worried a construction project would capsize Guam, after all.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I'm not saying I believe it, I'm saying that as conspiracy theories go: it's actually believable. Involving people and organizations that have done worse things over the years, and with a plausible and logical goal.

Occams razor still applies, and the likely story is probably as you put it: stupidity and incompetence.

But for fiction... it's plausible.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Another day, more documents.

STILL not a good look Joe. This will lead to your impeachment in the House. Not that they really need a reason to do that later this summer.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I'll be shocked if it takes them that long. They probably had articles of impeachment written up and ready to go the minute they walked in the door this session, and the only thing stopping them from presenting them immediately was that they had to go through all the boring routine stuff like choosing a new Speaker first. Even now, I'm not sure they'll bother amending them to include this new business; impeaching Biden is more about sending a message, that being that he deserves to be impeached not for anything specific he's done but just for having the gall to be a Democrat in the first place. Especially if the specific thing he's done is the same thing Trump was caught doing like a year ago and still hasn't been prosecuted for.

MrBlud

Citizen
The hilarious(?) thing is they’ll crucify Biden for having 20 documents he accidentally took and returned as soon as he knew he had them; yet Trump having a bunch more documents he lied about repeatedly and had to be removed by the FBI after a court order is no big deal.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Well, yeah. It's not about the documents, it's about finding an excuse to throw shade at the other side while distracting from what their side is doing. Now any time someone tries to bring up Trump stealing documents, it'll be met with "both sides".

I really miss the days when the big presidential scandal was something simple like a blowjob.

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
The silver lining here (which is being generous) is that Biden now has another excuse to bow out of the 2024 election.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Generous indeed; the more and better reasons he has to not seek reelection, the more certain I am that he will anyway. Not that anyone else who has a chance of winning would be any less ineffectual as a leader.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
MTG had impeachment paperwork drawn up before the election. She was bragging about it as a selling point. They'll just roll all of this in and ignore any cognitive dissonance.

Covert Agent Rodimal

Citizen
Ummm, they do realize that if they impeach Joe and actually succeed it makes VP Harris President right? All impeachment does is oust Biden, not his entire administration.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
At this point I would not be surprised if they thought that successfully impeaching Biden would mean Trump would automatically be reinstated. Would be fun to see the reactions to President Harris though.

MrBlud

Citizen
There is absolutely zero chance Biden is removed even if he’s impeached. It takes 2/3 of the Senate.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm sure that they're evil enough to have factored President Harris into their plans. It would let them say a female President had already been done and never needed to happen again. And it would leave her in the Gerald Ford lame duck caretaker role.

Never gonna happen for reasons Blud said, but fun to think about.

Top Bottom