Biden-Harris / Dems

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Exactly. No one should be above the law, no matter who their father is. This goes for Trump and his spawn as well. Shame we have two justice systems and which one you go to depends on how wealthy you are and the color of your skin.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So a mainstream Republican did it eh? Since they're all like that now.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You have no idea how shocked I am that Indiana Senator Todd Young got talked into that.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would, but I don't want to risk the only shred of respect I have for the guy. It's nice to have SOMETHING from a Senator from Indiana. Long gone are the Richard Luger days. God knows Mike hugging Braun isn't going to do a damn thing bipartisan.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's still a huge step in the right direction to at least repeal the pathetic Defense of Marriage Act. In the nightmare scenario where the Supreme Court strikes down marriage equality it would be really easy to get a marriage in a legal state and force your bigoted one to recognize it. That's something, if not all we might have hoped for.

MrBlud

Citizen
That’s a bit like saying the 13th Amendment was a bad thing because it still allowed slavery “as a punishment for crime”.

Which sure, is shit but let’s not lose sight of the big picture here. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good. Someone in Texas who can be with their dying spouse because they have a valid marriage license from a state it’s allowed isn’t going to care you didn’t have the votes to pass something more comprehensive.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah...yeah it will be. But we knew this.

Ironbite-should be interesting to watch them lose the House in 2024 and Pelosi not be speaker.

Ungnome

Citizen
2 years of a deadlocked congress with the house pretending to actually do stuff by conducting investigation after investigation based on some conspiracy theory from some fringe website.

Ungnome

Citizen
Indeed. Better to stall than to slide backwards. Just wish we could move forward, though. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom