The Best Thing About HeroQuest is….

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
anyone started painting yet? im still practicing on the minis that came with my paint kits, but im getting ready to start on the doors and some of the furniture. figured id do those before i did the figures. or i might do a piece of furniture, then a figure, then furniture etc

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
PAINTING! Blashemy! all the figures are best in their natural solid colors!

Uh actually I suck at painting so that's why they stay unpainted for me.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'm worried I'll mess everything up too, but I'd like to give it a shot. My problem is I have nowhere to work right now. I'm slowly working on organizing my collection in the basement, so the table I would use is covered with various other stuff at the moment. I'm hoping I might be able to start in on it over Christmas break.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
did a door last night. im...not sure how i feel about it. i dont think it looks terrible, and it would certainly belong in a very old, run down dungeon, but im not happy with it

door.jpg

the flash brightened it up, but its kind of brown and gray. might try to gray it up a bit more. dont think im gonna get too fancy with these going forward though

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The best thing about Heroquest is the Gaurdian Knight. A stalwart bulkhead in the fight against evil, the Knight takes the great risk of keeping monsters from storming through doorways and tanking damage with it's starting defense roll of 3 defense dice (4 including the starting equipment of a shield.) and 7 body points. Sadly it's attack starts at two dice.

My Brothers and I finally got time to play another couple quests after I got the knight in and like I said above, made them the tank of the game by Grabbing a helmet to increase their already high starting defense by the 2nd quest in.

Also it seems their are two new Quests on Pulse now!

First one has been out for a while now and is meant to bridge the first Quest book to Kellars Keep

Second one actually is a new Starting Quest. Essentially it seems a lot of players are having trouble with the first one, "The Trial", so they made a Quest Zero that has a bit more of an easier progression as well as a more narrative role for the GM/Zargon or in this case Mentor.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Got to play a quest this last weekend!

The cool thing is since I backed the mystic tier, I got the little expansion that came with it that includes the four new classes, and with me we actually had 9 people, so literally everyone was one of the classes.

It's really cool seeing how the new classes work. Very interesting that some of them can get their spells BACK before the Quest is over.

We went ahead and tried the 'New Begining' question Daith linked too.

The Wizard immediately used pass through rock to move into a random hallway away from everyone else and proceed to open doors like crazy. Very surprised he didn't end up dead, but believe it or not, the party caught up and managed to keep him alive. Though I allowed them to smack her for it. XD (Player was male, but it was the female wizard. Also cool we can do that now.)

Still wish I knew why the Chaos Warriors became Dread Warriors, and the Fimir's become Abominations.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
That has to do with rights issues. Games Workshop has the rights to those creatures names so they made replacements. Though if you have a classic set they can be subbed out since I don’t believe the stats changed between them.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
I don't think so. I'll probably just throw them in when needed since I do have the classic board. I don't have anything else of the original stuff, so I really hope these rumors of them doing the Barbarian and Elf quests next are true. I've wanted to play them for years, but holy hell I ain't paying eight hundred to a thousand something bucks for each one.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
The Frozen Horror expansion is dated for August 1st! Have a Quest in preparation!

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Got my copy of Frozen Horror yesterday. I honestly can't express how freaking awesome I feel being able to hold it. I've wanted the stupid Barbarian and Elf quests since I was like in MIDDLE SCHOOL.

Now I finally have the Barbarian one. (Well in the only way I'm able to get it)

Really hope they do bring out the Elf one as well. I'd be happy then, but I know there were a couple of other expansions in the UK (I think) that would be neat.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Looks like the only place to pre-order is on Hasbro Pulse. Gonna have to go for this. Was NOT expecting them to release new heroes like this.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
It's actually on BBTS's front page right now :D

But two new Heroes and the Frozen Horror expansion, not to mention all the extra quest books in the HasLab version.... I feel spoiled a bit. It's bit weird though that I haven't seen Kellars Keep available as much.

Last edited:

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Got my Mage in the Mirror expansion yesterday. Still can't believe I'm sitting here with all FOUR expansions after waiting like 30 years for it. I've been playing Hero Quest since elementary school. I still remember my mom and I finding the mail order sheet for the Barbarian and Elf quests in I think the Keller's Keep expansion. Sadly turns out they stopped taking orders for it like a month prior to us finding the order sheet.

Wanted them ever since, but again. I didn't have thousands of dollars to spend on a freaking board game. >_<

But now I have them. I have them and thanks to the Mystic Tier giving me like I think two other quest booklets. I have enough quests for this thing to last a long time. It's such a cool feeling.

I also picked up that extra Rouge Hero. Next time we get to play I'm going to present that character as a possible one to play and see if anyone decides to switch to them. I'll probably let them just carry over gold and items to this new guy just to be fair.

Now I'm very curious as to what, if anything, they'll do next. It really seems like they'll be trying for more expansions or characters. I really do wonder if we'll start getting some of the UK only quest packs released for this new system.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen

Oh dang! Apparently another expansion was already teased!

"Rise of the Dread Moon"

From what I'm reading, this is a brand new expansion NOT based on any old stuff.

Looking into it, I now know the two expansions left are: "Against the Orge Hoard" and "Wizards of Zargon"

Though I'm seeing hints at some other content in various releases, like some extra stuff in some 'advanced' copy of the game? Not sure if we'll get anything like that, but I am curious as to if we'll get these other two expansions at some future time.

Also didn't look too deep into it before, but yeah. The extra Rouge hero you can buy? They tie DIRECTLY into the Elf Quest "Mage in the Mirror"!

In the quest, a young elf princess is kidnapped and the Rouge is her older brother! That's really neat! I know Hero Quest doesn't really do conversations role play, but I can see if someone plays them how that could add some extra dialogue. Heck I could even make it so both Elf characters (The original and the Rouge) could take on the 'solo' missions together.

Makes me wish I could run quests more often.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
New blog post about Rise of the Dread Moon.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Basically that it adds the Knight in for those that missed out, adds in Ghostly monsters, and they have revamped some of the potion cards.

Top Bottom