The Allspark Pro Wrestling Thread

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I mean, he is getting cancelled for something that he got fired for 20 years ago right?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nope Ric Flair was never fired for the Plane Ride From Hell. That was Curt Henning and Scott Hall, with Goldust's contract not being renewed shortly thereafter.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yep. Massive PR loss for the WWE but then again Martha Hart will never ever work with the WWE until Vince dies so there's that.

Other fall out from the Plane Ride from Hell episode btw. Anything Flair had planned in AEW is on the back burner, Tommy Dreamer's been suspended from both Impact and SirusXM and Dreamer gave a Channel Awesome "I'm sorry you were offended" apology to the masses. The masses rejected it.

Ironbite-******* hell Tommy.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Too bad for Dreamer too, Impact was building to a storyline where he'd get a shot against Christian Cage. That's all gone now.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Regarding my comments on Dark Side of the Ring. It was never my intention to offend, hurt or victim shame anyone. I understand my comments were insensitive & could trigger emotions in someone’s own personal past. I do not condone sexual misconduct of any kind. I apologize to anyone I offended. From the bottom of my heart I am so sorry.”

So take this for what it is, as I don't know the guy and never really saw him wrestle that much in the day. I think that is a much better apology than the Channel Awesome one. It doesn't deflect like theirs did.

Ironbite4

Citizen
It's still a "I'm sorry you felt that way" type apology.

Ironbite-not a really good one at that.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't see it that way. The only way I can see that is where he says, ". I understand my comments were insensitive & could trigger emotions in someone’s own personal past."

He isn't shifting blame to those he offended, as the next line he is taking full responsibility for what he said and is apologizing for it.

like I said, I am not going to die on this hill for him, I just don't see it as a crappy apology. Now whether or not he means it or is doing it for his livelihood, that is another debate.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Guys if you have a wrestling fan in your life, please go check to see if they're ok. Brian Danielson just came back and it's like he never left.

Ironbite-30 minute time limit draw with Kenny Omega.....oh my god I needed a smoke.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I demand Kenny Omega vs Bryan Danielson in the first ever 2 hour Iron Man Match.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I watched Sting's tag team match in AEW this week, and I had to remind myself that was the same guy I watched when I was a little kid. The guy is like 62 and still going at it.

HgDragon

Citizen
OK, Tommaso Ciampa coming to the ring in NXT HAlloween Havok as Kratos is perfect.

TomassoKratos.png

Ironbite4

Citizen
Sadder news, Jimmy Rave lost his legs to MSRA. There's some gofundmes set up for him.

Ironbite-he was a great talent.

Onyx

Citizen
How reliable is WhatCulcure? New video on Youtube saying ROH just released their whole roster.

Top Bottom