Citizen
"No, I'm not Elias, I'm his younger bother, Ezekiel..."

>_>
<_<

1649139987737.png

The bit was kinda funny.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Hey, you're getting a second reign at being a champion. Great for you. Let's celebrate by beating your wife!

Ironbite-Nash Carter gone from the WWE.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
And of course the wife beating wasn't what did him in, it took the Hitler mustache and Nazi salute pic to get him fired.

Pretty sad, I don't know how NXT handles the tag titles now.

Ironbite4

Citizen
So...it's a day that ends with Y and Nick Khan is feeling froggy. Time for some cost cutting in NXT!

Dakota Kai, Malcolm Bivens, Vish Kanya, Stephanie De Landre(Persia Pirotta), Blair Baldwin, Parker Boudreaux(Harland), Reginald Chase Crews(Draco Anthony), Kellie Morga, Jaylen Williams, Dexter Lumis.

Of those names, 5-6 were in the middle of stories, one of whom had been the focus of a MAJOR storyline that lasted for a long time. LONG TERM BOOKING FOLKS!

Ironbite-ya hate to see it.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Ok for Bivens and Kai, both said "No we're not resigning" so that makes a little bit of sense. The rest however is the usual Nick Khan approach to long term booking.

Ironbite-as in, no approach to investing anything in the future.

D_Immortalis

Citizen
Lumis i can see going back to impact...though id love to see him in GCW too...Bivins is another one who'll do fine in impact or AEW or just full on indie gigs.

always sad to see people get fired though...especially when its budget cuts BS.

HgDragon

Citizen
So, Hell In A Cell was tonight. The main event was Cody/Seth III. They've had some of the best matches this year since Wrestlemania. Most expectations for this match were tempered with the news that Cody had completely torn a pectoral muscle earlier in the day during some training, but was still going to wrestle the match. Lots of stuff I was seeing earlier in the day were speculating it to be a work to give Seth at least a bit of shine and extra heat from the story. Then Cody got to the ring and took off his jacket.

1654493911922.png

Holy. F... It proceeded to get uglier the longer the match went on and was painful to watch. Hell, even the usually unruly Chicago crowd was pretty much in stunned silence for the majority of the match. This was just uncomfortable to watch for the majority of it. Kendo shots to bad shoulder, Seth "grinding' a kendo stick into it, a rough-looking Cody Cutter with the bad shoulder, powerbomb through the table. Rough. You could see them pausing and calling it on the fly as they obviously had some stuff worked out but changed or cancelled certain things thoughout the match based on what Cody felt like he could or couldn't do at the time. You could see him apologize to the crowd during his victory poses and breifly give in to the pain and sob for a few seconds before kissing the mat and the PPV ended/ The fact that he still went out and worked that match and performed as hard and as well as he did makes so many statements.

1. Cody is nucking futs. By all rights, he should have bowed out of this. Simply posting a pic of this to social media and WWE.com would have been enough to silence anyone who would have any kind of hate to him for backing out. Lots of fans are speculating that he went through with it to keep any kind of spot he had in the title picture open while he's out for surgery/rehab. If his Wrestlemania pop was loud, they better reinforce the roof of whatever building he makes his return on because it's going to be insane and blow the top off the joint.

2. Cody is stucking fupid. Granted, a fully torn pec isn't going to get any worse, but God Damn, there was no reason to go through with this. He doesn't "owe it" to *ANYONE* to go out and risk further injury to you or possibly your opponent if you are this bad off. Sure, the fans might have been disappointed the advertised Main Event got scrapped/re-worked due to this, but see the end of my last point.

3. People who have said Seth is unsafe are full of manure. The fact that he worked Cody as limited as he was and took care of him as much as he did is a testament to how freakin' good he really is.

4. Seth probably solidified his position as THE number 1 worker with this, even with taking the "L." I can't think of anyone else on the roster who would have been able to go out and help make this match the star of the show. It was brutal and gruesome to watch, but damn, did it have some serious weight to it. He may not be the top"star," but damn can he work and no one but the biggest trolls or haters can say otherwise. There was no reason for the match to be as good and sting as it was.

It could have very easily been Seth just destroying a helpless Cody and him taking the stretcher job for the requisite time off, but they turned in what will probably be on MOTY lists due to the circumstances. This was tuning chicken **** into Chicken Cordon Bleu.

DarkeklawGW

Immortal Maximal OC
Citizen
He felt that since he couldn't injure the muscle any more (It had completely seperated from the bone in the arm it's connected to. He might as well go thru with the match. Now he needs to do the smart thing, go get it fixed and come back as number 30 at the Rumble.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah but now Vince is going to use this as an example for people who really shouldn't be in the ring with injuries to keep them in the ring until they're bodies break. Not to mention that it completely destroys whatever credibility Seth Rollins has as an opponent. After all, if he couldn't beat a one armed Cody Rhodes, who could he beat?

Ironbite-congrats Vince.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Did you watch the match? Seth was the star and it took a sledgehammer to take him out. He'll be fine, one promo and one new feud and his heat is back.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Doesn't matter if it's a million star match. He couldn't beat a one armed man. How do I take him seriously ever?

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Guys I'm coming out of retirement to promote one more show.

288316687_3228835480699696_5157847591866068674_n.jpg

My money is on the kid, or the wannabe Hulk Hogan. 50/50.

Ironbite4

Citizen
This is your card and I'm going down all of it
Main Event Interim AEW World Championship - Jon Moxley v. Hiroshi Tanahashi
Co-Main Event IWGP World Heavyweight Championship, 4 Way Match - Jay White (c) v. Kazuchika Okada v. Hangman Page v. Adam Cole
Trios Match - Jericho/Guevara/Suzuki v. Kingston/Yuta/Umino
AEW Women's World Championship - Thunder Rosa (c) v. Toni Storm
ROH & IWGP Tag Team Championship, 3 Way Winner Take All - FTR (ROH) v. Cobb/O-Khan (IWGP) v. Roppongi Vice
IWGP US Championship - Will Ospreay (c) v. Orange Cassidy
Inaugural AEW All-Atlantic Championship, 4 Way Match - PAC v. Malakai Black v. Miro v. Tomohiro Ishii
Special Singles Match - Zach Sabre Jr. v. ???
8 Man Tag Team - Young Bucks/El Phantasmo/Hikuleo v. Sting/Darby/Shingo/Hiromu Takahashi

Buy-In Pre Show 8 Man Tag Team - Gunn Club/Max Caster v. New Japan Dojo

Starting from the bottom of course, the pre-show is just a show case of what young, raw talent can do. Gunn Club has become one of the best trios on the roster while Max Caster has proven he doesn't need to just be tied to Anthony Bowens for anything. Caster's teaming up with Gunn Club has pretty much given them a mouth piece for promos as the three Gunns aren't...that good on the mic. For New Japan Dojo, the four men being sent are basically new talent with not a whole lot known about them. It's gonna be a fine match and will probably set the tone for the rest of the night.

The Young Bucks are back, one night only, in Bullet Club. This is going to be amazing as Sting and Darby are teaming with Los Ingobernables de Japon's Shingo and Hiromu who both have a history with El Phantasmo and Hikuleo so it makes sense. Though I'm hoping Naito shows up in the Dude's with Attitude's corner to do some Tranquilo bullshit. Look for some high flying action, a lot of weird antics and oh yeah, hard hitting action.

Originally the plan was for Zach Sabre Jr. to take on the American Dragon Bryan Danielson to determine who's the best technical wrestler in the world but injuries have put a kibosh on that. Instead, ZSJ will take on an opponent of Danielson's choosing and nobody knows who it's going to be. Whomever shows up though....it's gonna be a banger.

To determine who's going to become the third male champion in AEW, Tony Khan has a fatal fourway set up with three AEW guys vs. a New Japan guy. This is going to be a sleeper hit. One that's going to showcase off high flying martial arts, smash mouth power, and just four guys beating the hell out of each other. Each of these men can be fine champions so don't be surprised on who wins.

Wil Ospreay and Orange Cassidy is going to be another sleeper. Just a match that will surprise people once Cassidy, known for his gimmick of being laid back and care-free, goes hard on this. I don't expect Cassidy to win this but to see Ospreay in a major American ring is going to be off the chart. Ospreay is known for being live action anime but that's not really doing the man justice. He's worked super hard to get to where he is and to be able to see him in action, you will know why a lot of people are fans. I just hope his shins survive

This triple threat tag match is going to feature 6 of the best wrestlers going for all the gold they can. FTR has reinvented themselves, again, and are top faces while United Empire, Cobb/O-Khan, are a pair of hosses who bring the massive power game. Roppongi Vice, Romeo and Barretta, are your high flyers in this match so look for a mix of technical, power, and batshit insanity which will probably see the crowd getting on their feet to clap at the end of the match.

I'm not that happy there's only one women's match on the card but nothing I can do about it as I'm not Gedo or Tony Khan. I will say this, this is not a match to go to the bathroom for. Toni Storm is an amazing performer who got dealt a stupid hand in the WWE and instead of dealing with it like everyone else, chose to just walk away from it. Thunder Rosa, while having some moments, is a solid wrestler and always delivers. Skip this at your own peril but it's going to be a hard fighting match and both ladies will walk away winners.

What can I say about the Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla? The Wizard of AEW? The best god damn Sports Entertainer of the World? NOTHING! Jericho teaming up with the Cody Rhodes replacement and the Murder Grandpa to take on Kingston, Yuta, and Umino, who are all basically part of the same stable despite Umino not being in AEW, is going to rock. A continuation of one of the few stories in AEW, this match will feature all sorts of fuckery and bullshit, and run ins and it's just going to be fun. Jericho has pretty much proven he's still got it and I, for one, look forward to this match being one to be talked about for a long time to come.

Your co-main event. *instert drool gif here* Like seriously you guys don't know...you do not know what we're in for here. It is one massive treat that'll just......I can't. Just watch it and revel in everything that'll happen here

And finally our main-event. A story has been told here and will finally come to fruition. I already know who'll win as it's for the Interim AEW World Championship but this match is going to be between two Aces and will not disappoint or send fans home angry as so many other Premium Live Events have done. Moxley and Tanahashi will blow the roof down and every moment is going to be filled with two men who've wanted to face each other and bring out the best in each other producing the banger of the night.

Was I paid to shill this? No. Will I still hit reply? Yes.

Ironbite-GO BUY THE HUGGING PAY PER VIEW!

electricidad

Citizen
Forbidden Door looks to be AMAZING. I hate to admit, many of the New Japan guys I'm just not familiar with. But AEW still really built this up without Punk (AND IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN CHICAGO).

I'd be willing to put money down that MJF bursts in and spoils someone's night.

Ironbite4

Citizen

First...the good news.

Vince is out. Completely. From the board, from creative, done. Now, the bad news.

New CEOs are Steph and Nick "Budget Cuts" Khan.

Ironbite-I'm expecting a sale soon.

Wheelimus

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want to hope for change because the product is so stale, but I'm not holding my breath.

DarkeklawGW

Immortal Maximal OC
Citizen
Love the man's attitude and ego or hate it (I hate it) I can't begrudge the fact that Logan Paul has put in the work again at Summer Slam. (Spoiler free comment)

Top Bottom