The Allspark Pro Wrestling Thread

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Speaking of AEW, Matt Hardy contract has lapsed. They exteneded it long enough to go through Wrestlemania, but now he is a free agent.

No word on MJF going anywhere, despite the fans chanting for him at the Wrestlemania pre-show.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Yeah. Even if it's a work and they goof on it I really don't see the upside. Addressing it at all makes them seem petty.
Meanwhile Punk can go on every single podcast and interview and just run his mouth with no consequences right?

Ironbite-and the WWE can just take every potshot they want at AEW but god forbid AEW retaliate with anything.

Shadhausen

Citizen
And exactly what does AEW gain from this? Sometimes you gain more from keeping your mouth shut and being the bigger person. AEW had clearly put this behind them and had moved on but Punk keeps bringing it up and I guess AEW likes feeding the trolls.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel like they handled that about as well as they could have in service of the story they're trying to tell, which is their upcoming bout with FTR and potentially bringing "Scapegoat" Jack Perry into the Elite. It was pretty good in that regard, really.

My biggest problem is that I just was not ready for them to dig up the still-warm corpse of the discussion and discourse around it. Even Hunter and Shawn gave it more than a year before invoking the Curtain Call.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Welp....Punk swung first.

Ironbite-he's a liar and soft as shit.

Swung? Punk clearly shoves Jack, then shoves him again, and then goes to put Jack into a headlock. They get immediately separated, With Joe literally carrying Jack away, and two other guys pulling Punk back. In the process of that, Punk's butt hits some of the PC monitors to their right get knocked, not over, but turned about 45-90 degrees, and are immediately returned to their original positions. I can't tell if he swung at him after they get separated or not, but his arm does something, but its clearly not going to come close to connecting with Perry at that point.

While he is being pulled back, Punk points over the row of monitors, to where I am assuming Tony Khan is and Punk says his line that "this place is a joke, you're a clown, and I quit." Then Punk walks around the corner, stays there for a few seconds and walks off camera, leaving the championship belt on the floor.

This is what scared Tony Khan for his life.

And I will remind you that after this, Tony still sent Punk out and let him retain his title after a 30 minute delay following this.

I will be honest, this definitely doesn't put Punk in a good light, but honestly it doesn't show anything different than what he said happened on the podcast last week. And if you had seen this the day after and then heard that Tony was frightened, would you believe him?

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Speaking of AEW, Matt Hardy contract has lapsed. They exteneded it long enough to go through Wrestlemania, but now he is a free agent.

No word on MJF going anywhere, despite the fans chanting for him at the Wrestlemania pre-show.
And Matt Hardy is at TNA now.

Ironbite4

Citizen
There's been a quiet amount of people released from the WWE.

Jinder Mahal
Xyon Quinn
Xia Li
Sanga
Veer Mahaan
Von Wagner
Cameron Grimes.

And all have the standard 90 day Non-co

*FTC comes in with a steel chair*

....oh. Oh dear.

Ironbite-welp! Got some talent up for grabs.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Goldberg is out there trashing AEW on a radio interview.

Interviewer: "I'm just kind of curious if you ever had a conversation with Tony khan about ever joining AEW at any point. I am just kind of curious if that conversation ever even took place."

Goldberg: "I have talked to him a number of throughout the past, but you know. I'll be, this is where you're going to get the most blunt answer you're going to get from me. The product is too cheezy. The product is too cheezy. It doesn't deserve to have, I mean, whatever, now you are really going to get me going, but. If there was a comparable viable option as a competitor, that would, that would allow me to still look at myself in the mirror after I was a member of their roster, yeah, then it would be a consideration, but not a chance."

Top Bottom