The 2022 Midterms Thread

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Of all the people to run, they get the guy whose soft in the head? Not a stellar choice.
I do wonder, though, when the people of Georgia are going to grow tired of runoffs. This is two in a row now. Do you think this will have an impact on votes in the future?

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
They probably thought somebody that stupid would be easy to control. The problem is whether he's smart enough to follow the script.

MrBlud

Citizen
If he wins, I bet dollars to donuts some rich **** Republican donor(s) gives him a million dollars to resign for “health reasons” so Kemp can appoint someone else.

Shadewing

Citizen
I support the theory that the GOP chose him, becuase he is essentually the closest they get to the ideal racist sterotype of a black man.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Of all the people to run, they get the guy whose soft in the head? Not a stellar choice.
I do wonder, though, when the people of Georgia are going to grow tired of runoffs. This is two in a row now. Do you think this will have an impact on votes in the future?
Maybe they'll start pushing for a new system that does away with runoffs. One way or another.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
She's why Republicans are now scared of ranked choice voting.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Maybe, but it's probably unfounded. With barely half the Republicans voting for her—AND not even all of Begich's voters making her their second choice (otherwise she would have edged out Peltola, which I was worried might happen)—she must have been pretty unpopular. Also worth noting, as I said, the Republican candidate for the Senate actually endorsed Peltola, and vice versa; that probably factored into things.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Actually, I'm curious. Are they publishing all the numbers? I'd love to know how many second-choice votes they each got, how they corresponded to the first choices, etc.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Yup, they lost fair and square and are now simply being petty about the whole thing. Knew this was coming, still sucks.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
nothing there is at all surprising. Unless those were blowouts, there was no way there wasn't going to be a stink, especially from Kari Lake

Top Bottom