Mega-Threads?

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
I remember @Kalidor earlier saying that these were causing an issue with the old server, and we can see a few of them starting up again. Just wanted to know if this was still an issue or if we're good on that front.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's more of a play by ear. When threads were reaching thousands and thousands of pages, that was definitely an issue. Too soon to know if that's still going to be a probolem.

Personally. I dislike "mega threads" because I think it's off putting to newer users who want to participate in a topic but find there are hundreds of pages to sift through. Then if they make a new post people scold them and tell them there's a thread.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Any way I could get a staff-member to split the "MCU - General Thread" in Forum of Solitude into three separate threads? There's concurrent conversations about Shang-Chi, What If?..., and Hawkeye in there. I don't want to be the guy to make three new threads and say "C'mon guys..." without any real authority.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Normally I'd probably do that but given the nature of the media - a movie that's already released and a show that's almost finished airing, I'm going to leave Shang Chi and What If...? combined but I'll break out Hawkeye since it's pending and will have a whole show to talk about.

Top Bottom