Ted Lasso

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So anyone else watching this show?

We started watching it just as season 2 began airing, and we have loved it ever since! Currently, its airing its third and final season every Wednesday on AppleTV+, and we just watched the third episode last night.

While I am glad that the team is doing well this season, it seems to be relying on Zava, which is never a good thing.

I am looking forward to seeing Jamie come in after Zava is either hurt/quits/gets bored/bought out/ or whatever happens. With Roy starting to train him, I bet Jamie will get the last laugh and finish the season for them with a win.

Also, Ted's Ex is shacking up with their marriage counselor, how frakking cold and messed up is that? I have tons of comments about that, but none I can say on a family friendly message board.

I am wanting to know if everything Tish told Rebecca will come true or not. Its obvious that she would have wanted a family but never got to have one with Rubert and now believes that its too late. I really hope its with Sam.

Anonymous X

Citizen
I like this series, and I l’m someone who has absolutely no interest in football (despite, or because, being a few roads away from the stadium of a Premier League team).

Season 2 got way too saccharine for my tastes, and I didn’t enjoy the first episode of this season, but the most recent two seem to be gradually heading back to its season 1 heights.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We just rewatched the first two seasons right before starting season 3, and I can see why you think it might be too sentimental in season 2.

My first watch of this series, I felt the Nate storyline came out of no where in Season 2, but really after rewatching the show again, I can really say that the Nate that we see in season 3 is the true Nate. He wants the credit and recognition, he delights in causing pain and suffering to those that he sees as beneath him. Heck, even his evaluation of the team in season 1 was an overly harsh roast of the players for everyone except Roy. Nate just isn't a good person as his core, and him doing so well at Richmond only allowed him to open up and become a worse person, even to those who thought they were friends.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Haven't started Season 3 yet, mostly because the brilliant Shrinking was scratching my Lasso itch so well, without any of the anxiety-triggering anxiety on screen.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
We watched the latest episode last night:

I was a bit surprised that the team came out and played worse the second half. I was hoping for a feel good moment from a win, or at least some payback. Oh well, maybe there will be a rematch at the end.

Roy training Jamie was great. I am hoping that Jamie will get better than Zava this season. With him being ready at the end, I think it might happen.

Ted and Sassy continue to knock it out of the park. I loved their conversation and the follow up DD discussion on it. I love that Ted confromnted Michelle at the end, but her face was kind of weird at the end there, like she had somehow won? I don't get it. Maybeshe is happy in seeing Ted's growth? IDK. what I do know is that the show coninues to be great, and I can't wait to see where the next episode goes!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I wasn't a big fan of this week's episode. While Ted seemed to be coming to grips with his situation and being able to control his panic attacks now, I have to admit the rest of the episode was highly disappointing. Rebecca being told that she couldn't have kids, Keli hooking up with someone that isn't Roy, the team still losing games, spending way too much time trying to rehab Nate, and Ted being supplanted by Jake. Zava leaving was handled in the best way with him just deciding to retire. It had to happen, so I glad that is done with. I am just waiting for the Jamie angle to finally show up.

And I don't really care about Nate. We spent two seasons showing that he is a jerk at heart. Deep down, he is a horrible person, and he always has been, he just didn't get to express it as much until Ted came along to boost him up. So showing us that he has no idea how to wine and dine a super model, doesn't make me pity him. And him an Jade finally going on a date isn't anything I care about for him either.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So this week's episode was a bit better. After yet another loss, this time at a friendly exhibition match in Amsterdam, the team go about their own ways in town.

Roy finds that Keli has a girlfriend, and that drives him to train Jamie even harder all day throughout the city. We do get some great moments from this storyline, like at the skinny bridge where I swear that Jamie is doing a David Tennant impersonation the entire scene. We get more backstory from each of them, Roy learns how to ride a bike, and we get to see more of a father son dynamic develop between Jamie and Roy. Jamie is clearly out pacing his coach now, so I hope that means we get to see Jamie start to dominate the field soon! I also hope that Roy gets out of his head and tries to get Keli back soon.

Without Keli to help her explore, Rebecca goes on a stroll through the city on her own, until she wanders on the bike path and is knocked over the bridge into the river head first. (Upside down and soaking wet), she meets a local man living on a house boat that lets her come in and get warm. Makes her tea, and gives her some of his Ex's clothes while hers dries. Its portrayed as romantic, but it all comes off as kind of creepy to me. She stays the night with him, and is unsure in the morning if they had sex or not. (Maybe she will get pregnant from this but I am still holding out hope for Sam!)

Coach Beard and Ted try to find something to do, when Beard finally convinces Ted to try some of his tea to open up Ted's mind. Ted initially refuses and sends Coach Beard out to have fun. Eventually Ted drinks the Tea, goes off to explore the local museums where he is mesmerized by the Van Gogh exhibit. He finds himself in an American themed restaurant where he sits down to watch a 1992 Bulls playoff game, and that is where the tea kicks in for him. I freaking loved it! The Narrator choice for this scene is great! Its the guy that sounds like the old Disney Narrator from the 1950's! This tea effect leads Ted to turn the famous Triangle basketball offense into a soccer strategy. When he shows Coach Beard the next day, he is informed that it already exists and is called 'Total Football' and that they should run it! Hopefully this will lead to some wins finally!

Meanwhile, the rest of the team spend the whole night in the hotel lobby, voting and debating on what to go do since they don't have a curfew tonight. Colin sneaks out, and is eventually confronted by Trent about his sexuality in a really nice scene. The team still debating hours later on whether to drive two hours to a massive party or go to a local sex show, eventually decide on a throw back to season 1, and they have a gigantic pillow fight in the lobby.

In the end they all meet up on the bus the next morning, and leave singing "Everything is going to be all right".

Not a bad episode, but with this being the last season I was hoping to get some more resolution.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well this week's episode wasn't too bad. We get Total Football being worked on, and despite coming back and getting it to work in the second half, they still lose. Dear writers, they are allowed to win.

More Keli with not Roy, so not happy there either.

Sam's storyline was epic though! His dad was perfectly cast too! I loved every minute with him.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Episode 8 not a bad episode but I don't think that much happened to further the plot with so few episodes left.

So this episode takes on three things.

1. The Fappening
2. Ted being obsessed that Jake would propose to Michelle in Paris
3. Nate trying to label his relationship with Jade.

They open however, with a montage of the team winning victory after victory using their total football method, and juxtapose that with a sad Ted as he sits across from Jake and Michellle in his usual pub. Instead of touring the English countryside like they originally planned, Jake and Michelle are now going to Paris for a weekend. This sends Ted down a rabbit hole of depression, as he is obviously still not okay with this relationship, and he is convinced that Jake is going to propose to her there. This makes Ted miss out on a lot of quality time that he could have been having with his son. They do however go to a Soccer match and watch Nate's team win.

I really like how they show how everyone reacts to Keely's video being leaked. Keely and Jack scene was very well done, and you really feel for Keely. The team going through and deleting everything, leading to Colin being outed to the team captain, which wasn't even addressed by the two of them. I am sure that we will come up later though. Jack goes completely the wrong way with this and it completely destroys their relationship. Good. Roy doesn't handle it that well either, but Jamie comes to apologize since it came from his very weak password email account. I hope that this episode gets us closer to Roy and Keely back together again, but who knows. We are on episode 8, and that hasn't happened yet and I am majorly bummed.

Ultimately, though, Rebecca talks Ted into not worrying what Jake and Michelle do and focus on his time with his son. Coach Beard explains to Ted's son the song "Hey Jude" which is being sung by a busker. It's a great moment and probably the best scene of the season. Ted starts to handle it better, and in the end of the episode, Michelle doesn't have a ring and his son leaves Jake hanging when he offered him a fist bump, showing that maybe Ted shouldn't feel like he was replaced.

Nate's storyline, is as ridiculous as it can be. For some reason Jade and him have clearly moved into a new level of a relationship and he wants it to be official. However, bieing Nate, he clearly stumbles around this when talking to her in his non-committal way. He tries to reform the diamond Dogs as the "Love hounds" with his staff and Rubert. Rubert doesn't come, and the other two aren't helpful at all. Eventually Jade just makes it official for Nate. So we get more Nate storyline without him actually redeeming himself but they are trying to play it like he is somehow. I feel like this is a huge time waste. Nate is our antagonist for the season that was built up for the first two seasons, I don't want or care for him to be redeemed. Stop wasting screen time on Nate.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
New episode is out tonight! I have seen three scenes from it already, and I just want to say it looks like a great episode.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So where to begin? Last night's episode was great!

We start out this episode with the news the Nate quit his job at West Ham, with people debating whether it was Nate or Rupert at the reason West Ham was #2. Of course the Paps are waiting to get some pictures of him outside his house and he sneaks out in the middle of the night to his parent's house. Where he spends the week just basically depressed in his childhood bedroom. Eventually he breaks out his old violin and has a heart to heart with his Dad, who tells him that he always loved hearing Nate play, and that he always tried to push Nate to encourage his genius, but admits that he was too hard on him. The episode ends with him telling Nate that he didn't care about Nate's success, but just wants his son to be happy. This starts out the Nate Redemption tour, with him sneaking into Richmond's stadium and doing all of his old kit man duties. He leaves a note to apologize to Will for how he acted last season to him.

So of course, Jack pulls the funding for KJPR, and doesn't even bother to tell Keely. Barbara had to tell her after people started moving furniture out of the office and the staff had all been sacked. This sends Keely down to Mae's pub, because apparently it's the only one in London. She isn't responding to texts or anything at this point. She does however go shopping ang gets Barbara a Richmond snow globe to add to her collection.

We finally got to see Roy's sister! She does exist! They are at her house celebrating National Uncle's Day. Phoebe invites Jamie as she says he is Roy's best friend , a point both of them argue with her but lose. I love that Jamie jokes about how fit Roy's sister is and Roy immediately and legitimately threatens him. Loved the whole scene with the shirts, the swear word fines, all of it! Great scene! I love seeing Roy wearing his shirt that his niece made. Everyone's reaction to it was great. Him throwing it away only to go back and get it again was perfect too. Roy could never do anything to upset his niece. Speaking of, we get the return of the flirty teacher again. They have a great conversation, and it s a wonderful scene, and while I wouldn't mind if they ended up together, it finally does what it needs to do in Roy's head to write a letter to Keely.

So this week is international week where the players return to their home countries to play an exhibition match against other countries. This leads to a hilariously competitive Dani just being cruel to Van Damme, even intentionally breaking his nose in the match. Sam isn't chosen though, because guess who is in town, our angry Billionaire from last season. He admits later that he paid the government $20 million to not pick Sam for the team, despite Sam's recent successes in their ten game winning streak. He also has a hilarious scene in Sam's restaurant where he admits that he also booked the restaurant up for that night with some neat impressions. He is still being petty and says that he will open up a Nigerian restaurant 20 meters from Sam's.

So this episode Rebecca has to deal with Rubert again. Rubert wants her to join them in the meeting of all the Football owners with the Billionaire that wants to start up an elite super league that will basically kill off the premiere league and exploit fans for more money. Rupert sincerely has some great character growth moments in this episode. He gives Rebecca an honest opinion on why Nate left, he fired his previous assistant for a less attractive one, and he actually had a heart melting moment when Rebecca talks about Rupert as a poor kid wanting to watch Richmond play. Rebecca's speech really hits home and convinces all the other owners to reject the super league plan. They don't show it, but the angry Billionaire throws another tantrum and throws food over all the owners. Its quite a funny scene to cut back to. Rupert clearly misses Rebecca at the end of this scene and tries to kiss her, but she stops him.

Roy meanwhile tries to stuff his apology card into Keely's house, but gets caught by Keely the same way she caught Ted in Jamie's locker in the first season. This has Roy reading his tiny handwriting of the letter to Keely. It was a great heartfelt apology letter from Roy, in which he reminds her that she is Keely frakking Jones. Its a great scene and ends with Roy walking away with Keely looking at him almost pensively.

So after the meeting, Rebecca shows up to talk to Keely as Keely hasn't been responding to her texts all day. Apparently, the funding that the VC pulled was so insignificant, that Rebecca said she had that much on her in cash. So now Rebecca is funding KJPR. Rebecca tells them all about the meeting, about Rubert trying to kiss her, and Keely says could you imagine taking him back after all he has done? And about that time Roy walks down the stairs to the kitchen wearing Keely's bathrobe.

1684423632875.png

At this point I lost it and don't know what else happened in the scene. Best episode of the series!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Season/series finale.

Well, I liked it, but it came so close to having the "Mega Happy Ending" but it didn't quite get there.

So after the cliffhanger ending of the last episode we open with Rebecca at her house watching the morning news. Ted walks in wearing a T shirt and looking deshelved. For a good minute or two it looks like that something has happened between the two of them, until Beard and Jane show up and its revealed that they all stayed over last night because there was a gas leak in their neighborhood. We have another funny moment when the cleaning lady shows up again.

So the last game of the season decides who will win the championship, and three teams are neck and neck. West Ham, Machester City, and Richmond. Richmond gets behind two nil at the half, and the team rallies by reassembling the believe sign that they all had a piece of on them. Ted reveals that was #4. So Richmond won their final match against West Ham, and Rupert got removed as owner/manager. The game was great and had some great call back in it. The off sides penalty saving Richmond, Issac's kicking power, and the Oscar at the Espys was the perfect way to end the season. Unfortunately, this being Ted Lasso, even though they won, Manchester City still wins the league and Richmond comes in second place.

Ted went back to Kansas. And it looked like Jake was out of the picture(as he was growing more and more distant while Michelle and her son watched the final game). Ted went back to his old house with his son and ex wife live. The next time we see him, he is coaching his son's soccer team, and Michelle is there, no Jake. He gets to tell his son to be a goldfish. :)

Roy and Keely didn't get back together and Jamie started perusing her again. Roy and Jamie get into a fight over her and ask her to choose which one she wants, and she kicks them both out of her house. Roy does get made the new head coach, as well as officially joining the Diamond Dogs for its last session with everyone there.

Rebecca sells 49% the team to the fans, after debating selling the whole club for 2 billion pounds. She sees Ted off at the Airport where we see several newspapers that reveal some character information. Keely's friend did start up the Star F****r app, Zava was going back to soccer, and the Ussie guy ran into Ted one more time. On her way out of the airport she sees this little girl that is running towards her and falls right in front of her. She of course goes to help her, when the girl's dad, a pilot, catches up and sees her. He removes his hat and Sun glasses, and its the Dutch House boat guy! She finally tells him her name. Ted and Beard are on the plane, this time first class, and have a mirror of the conversation from the first epiosde, when Beard pulls off his glasses and shows his bloodshot eyes. He says he has been crying for three days because he knew that he couldn't leave England and would have to abandon Ted. He fakes a ruptured appendix and leaves the plane. We find out his first name is Willis.

Now we are at the Montage moments. Trent's book, The Lasso Way comes out, but Ted had him change the name to the Richmond way, and its a hit. Jamie and his dad reconnect at the rehab center and start going over old photographs(Which doesn't make much sense as Jamie should have been born in the Digital age of Photography). Coach Beard marries a very pregnant Jane at Stonehedge, where we see everyone together, Including Dani and his two girls from the Earl episode. We next jump to Nate, Beard, and Roy rehanging the Believe sign which Nate has repaired with gold paint. Keely proposes a Richmond women's soccer team, which Rebecca loves the idea. Sam makes the national Olympic team as he always dreamt of doing. Then they all show up at someone's house for a cook out, and Rebecca bring Dutch Pilot man and his daughter.

Over all, I liked the ending, but I wanted more from it. I hope that we will get to see more of this show, either called AFC Richmond, or Roy Kent, or even Ted Lasso the next generation.

Top Bottom