Takara Tomy G1 Optimus Prime (Kingdom Ultra Magnus Redeco) With Tensegrity Stand

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
LxRao69.jpg

q60WekJ.png

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
It's a nice stand, but of all the Prime molds to use, that's by far the oddest choice I could imagine.
I mean, it's a mold made for an armor kit coming without armor.

Though, now that I give it some thought, I wonder if someone could finagle some form of Energon Optimus add ons for that base figure. I'd buy that.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Nice but I'm not getting, the best voyager prime to date in my view is really the leader class from Earthrise, based upon his G1 self but overall of mainline, its a contest between him and First Edition from Prime! Somehow I expect when they decide to do a studio series 86 Ultra Magnus they will likely use the Earthrise mold and fashion a new trailer for him!

If they were selling the stand on its own, it might interst me, I've been kind of thinking about finding a desent stand that can surport the weight of a voyager class figure but I just don't know anything about this sort of thing and its not like Hasbro or takara really actively make stands to hold figures!

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
So, instead of using this mold to make Delta Magnus, they simply repainted what is arguably one of the weakest UM molds to date, removed the trailer and included a random display stand for no rhyme or reason?

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The vehicle mode is worthless without a trailer, and now it comes with no trailer.

Good job.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
who asked for this
giphy.gif

In my defense, I was thinking of this as something to be sold with a new/modified trailer. Not an overpriced repaint with a weird stand at above Leader costs.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
So this is now available to order on Pulse. Where it's being called... Masterpiece Optimus Prime? o_O

The stands are also available individually in red or purple.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
The stand is kinda nifty, but overengineered, and they cost more than a ten-pack of stands on Amazon that do just as good a job of holding a figure up. As for the figure, they have the absolute cojones to put the Masterpiece label on THAT? Really?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The stand is kinda nifty, but overengineered, and they cost more than a ten-pack of stands on Amazon that do just as good a job of holding a figure up. As for the figure, they have the absolute cojones to put the Masterpiece label on THAT? Really?

Got to be some admin error that has slipped through the cracks

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I get that HasTak want their own branded stands to get a piece of that pie but they’re missing a lot of basic features from what i’d expect stands to do. Why would you even design them around that vertical stacking feature when a longer or adjustable length arm would suffice for jumping or flying poses? The bases are circular meaning that if they can even connect with other bases, it’ll be somewhat awkward.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
It occurs to me that this could have been the most G1 toy prime in Generations but then the eyes aren’t yellow

Top Bottom