Superman & Lois - CW TV series

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't actively dislike Jon Kent, I just felt like when he was on screen without Jordan I wanted the scene to get back to something interesting. And I'll be honest, when the show started I *was* actively disliking Jordan but he really came into his own as the series progressed. I don't feel like Jon ever did despite the examples of what he's been through.

I know characters don't need powers to be interesting, but he just came off as so bland. Maybe that was the intent, I dunno.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I get that. He WAS basically the jock of the show. And the character DID make some really dumb choices. Your father is Superman and your girlfriend is in trouble with drug dealers....you MIGHT want to let him in on that little bit of info. But, like I said, he was a teenager in a CW show, being dumb purely for the drama is NOT uncommon. Usually his scenes with Jordan had a bit of brotherly chemistry to them, though. He was at his best when he was in a scene with his brother.

Personally, I kind of feel the same way about the Langs. I just...don't get why they're getting so much screen time. I know it's a good idea to have a B or C plot in your shows to keep things varied...but the plots with the Langs don't really feel like they're dovetailing together with everyone else's plots? Like, the Langs feel like this completely separate family drama instead of being a part of Superman and Lois's show? I keep expecting them all to turn evil from being lied to by every member of the Kent Family, like the Smith Family from the Powerpuff Girls.

(Kyle: "Superman's trying to steal my wife!", Lana: "Lois has been laughing at me behind my back for years!", Sarah: "Jordan's been making a fool of me ever since we started dating!", Sophie: "And you know what? I hate everything!")

Last edited:

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I come to report...good news? Huh...that feels weird.

Apparently, James Gunn says Superman & Lois will get at least 1 to 2 more seasons.

Now, it doesn't say they'll be on the CW. That's probably still up in the air. But, it's still good news.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Season 3 started up two weeks ago and Jon's new actor is... well, he's kinda got the personality down, but he's also kinda being written as a background character rather than having his own focal plot threads. Or at least, so far. He also only vaguely looks like the first actor, so it's gonna take some time to get used to him as Jon.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was a bit jarring at first but I just rationalize it as a summer growth spurt.

The season has been really great so far and I didn't particularly care much for Jon anyway aside from being a compliment to Jordan.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm a little surprised. If anything, I figured they'd move the show to Max. But, maybe that's not possible, though.

This season hasn't been my favorite, but I'm glad they're at least getting a chance to maybe wrap things up, at least.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Excellent. While I've been enjoying this season, it certainly doesn't feel like it would work at all as a final season for the show. Hopefully season 4 will take the possibility of non-renewal into account and give us a season that is worthy of being the grand finale of the series.

Top Bottom