Super Squadron Series Thread

wentwood

Citizen
Have any of you guys seen the source series Power Rangers was adapted from?

Finished

Zyu - Mega Ranger
Aba - Go Busters
Ryu Soul

Watching Kyo Ryu - Don Bros

What ones have you watched and what do you think over all.

wentwood

Citizen
The shows being adapted for Power Rangers are now in the US on DVD.

Released so far

Zyu - Aba Ranger

Due Up

Deka (February 2023)

These shows are the basis for what was adapted as Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - Space Patrol Delta.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Moved this over to General Discussion as it seems to make more sense here.

wentwood

Citizen
I watch the Toei Ranger shows on DVD on my TV. We just got the US release for 5 Man and Jet Man (Pre MMPR I) and Aba. Deka will be February. Any chance we might see 1975 - Turbo Ranger on Shout Factory DVD?

I ask this as Entertainment One has blocked the Pre Zyu (MMPR I) series up to Turbo Ranger and I hope at some point North America viewers will be able to see the 13 shows before Five Man legitimately.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
I watch the Toei Ranger shows on DVD on my TV. We just got the US release for 5 Man and Jet Man (Pre MMPR I) and Aba. Deka will be February. Any chance we might see 1975 - Turbo Ranger on Shout Factory DVD?

I ask this as Entertainment One has blocked the Pre Zyu (MMPR I) series up to Turbo Ranger and I hope at some point North America viewers will be able to see the 13 shows before Five Man legitimately.

Where do you get the idea that eOne has blocked -anything-? If you're just listening to youtubers or Twitter people. Stop it. They don't know jack, I don't know jack. NO ONE knows jack.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I recently went back and started in on the granddaddy, Himitsu Sentai Gorenger. It's fascinating seeing where it all started. It's got a bit of the flavor of the 70's spy craze, it's still early enough in tokusatsu that you can really feel the inspiration from the old action serials, and their rescue chopper has got to be heavily inspired by Thunderbirds. There's no way it's not.

Tm_Silverclaw

Citizen
I recently went back and started in on the granddaddy, Himitsu Sentai Gorenger. It's fascinating seeing where it all started. It's got a bit of the flavor of the 70's spy craze, it's still early enough in tokusatsu that you can really feel the inspiration from the old action serials, and their rescue chopper has got to be heavily inspired by Thunderbirds. There's no way it's not.

I liked the first few episodes of Goranger.. but then it just.. kinda nosedived for me.

wentwood

Citizen
I ordered 5 Man on DVD today from Shout Factory. Hopefully we get the other 13 pre Zyu sets. The longest one I watched was 53 weeks long. I'm trying to finish up Saban Era I (MMPR - Wild Force) for Source based shows. Hurri and Aba are both mid point done for me (Shout Factory DVD) and Deka in February.

There was a ton of hate for Five Man from what I read but I'll watch it anyways.

Plutoniumboss

Citizen
I liked the first few episodes of Goranger.. but then it just.. kinda nosedived for me.
I swear, Yellow has cojones of neutronium. Dude is infiltrating an Evil Organization Base, walks into the Monster General's office, and de-morphs so he can sit down at the dude's desk and eat his lunch. Then when the general actually walks in? Our dude responds with mild surprise at best.

wentwood

Citizen
Well after I ship in 5 Man and Jet Man as well as Deka I will be fully switched out of Hasbro Power Rangers. After I have Deka there will be a wait for Shout Factory to bring in Magi - Ryu Soul.

This will allow to include the shows Saban and Hasbro skipped.

I would have loved to see a US adaption for To Qu Ger and Kyu Ranger both. Zyu Oh could have worked in the US. Lu Pat could be Spy Vs Spy or something like that.

4 missed opportunities to do sweet and cool stuff for Power Rangers. Talk about dropping the ball big time.

wentwood

Citizen
Pre Zyu Watch

I'm watching 1975 - Turbo Ranger on You Tube while I wait for Shout Factory bring them over. I found quite a few of them so far.

All episodes 5 Man forward will be watched on Shout Factory DVD. My interest is the first 13 series. Five Man and Jet Man ordered VIA either eBay or Shout Factory. Five Man being processed.

Top Bottom