Super 7: Ultimates, ReAction, etc

MrBlud

Citizen
Most/all of Wave 4 was announced today and…it’s rough.

Dead Prime
Starscream (non-ghost)
Soundwave

Hopefully it’s missing one that’s actually interesting.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Most/all of Wave 4 was announced today and…it’s rough.

Dead Prime
Starscream (non-ghost)
Soundwave

Hopefully it’s missing one that’s actually interesting.
Like Comic Book head for Soundwave, but want it on a purple figure. His lower leg is the wrong color too.

I'm sure this wave will be popular, just not that much with diehard Transformers fans but more of casual collectors.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I know they gotta do some rehashing where they can, but I really question the market for a dead Optimus over basically any other repaint/retool option.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I would have bought Optimus or Starscream if they were in Action Master colors (Maybe a new head or two)

-ZacWilliam, I'd love to see the Screamer with no wings and new arms in AM colors.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"Dead" Optimus was the only one of the Siege-and-related versions of that mold I got, as it was different, but there are only so many versions on that theme that would be interesting since I have that one...maybe if it had come with an alternate 'Dark Awakening' head and arm?

50292367816_b5c8cf37dd_o.jpg

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
My Ultimates Bludgeon just arrived.

Overall:

Wow. He's Big and He's solid. And he looks like Bludgeon. Marvel Comics, Leader of the Decepticons, Bludgeon. I never had the original and none of the versions since have really gone for the original Pretender Shell design. This has a few flaws but NAILS that original Bludgeon design Awesomely.

This could be his TFU Character model.

57F18D50-A9B8-46CE-B4EE-140C6E7C6A4D.jpeg

On the smaller details...

Helmets and Heads: So he comes with two helmets. The one he's wearing in the package is a hair small but can be adjusted in how it sits to look ok. The other one, which I think is more comics based fits easier and look great.

He also comes with two heads. A neutral one based on his G1 toy and a kinda skeletor-esque mouth laughing one. The neutral toy one is better IMO and fits the helmets better but both are cool.

A Negative: Mine has kinda floppy legs. Not terrible mind you. He can support his own weight fine and pose but they are noticeable looser than you would like them to be.

Not a Negative: I WAS going to complain about the shoulder pads severely limiting the shoulders. Especially since there is a famous comic where he doesn't have them on. But a moments examination and I find out they pop right off and on easy. He looks just as cool without them and the shoulders have full motion.
34EFBF7E-4AA1-4D9D-9ABB-7FC80C5C3FFD.jpeg

6DAC37F7-217D-41E2-8639-668B93F1D7B4.jpeg

I may keep him with them off.

The only other nitpick I'll make is that the pegs to attatch the tank turret and the scabbards are very small and thin which makes them slightly hard to get in, fall off a tad easier than ideal, and makes me worry about breaking one:

Verdict: I Have A Bludgeon Toy! I LOVED and LOVE the 80s Marvel Comic and it is awesome to have a great looking toy of Bludgeon just as he was there: He'a not perfect (just a hair too floppy legged to say that) but he IS really good. And he looks great.

I'd give him an A-.

-ZacWilliam, for reference I'd give Ultimates Banzai-Trom an A and AM Bombshell (slightly less poseable) a B.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Given how unfortunate Banzai-Tron's shoulders were, I didn't have high hopes for Bludgeon's, but having the pads be removable is unexpected and nice. Now, if he can manage to pull off the kicking pose in that panel despite those hipskirts, then I'll really be impressed.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Here's a video review for this figure:

-

I've heard very bad things about this figure (at the other TF sites) :

- Helmet doesn't fit the head correctly (and no, I shouldn't have to move the helmet down to "pretend" that it fits on a 55 dollar or more toy).

- Articulation is not great and joints can be floppy.

- It took 2 YEARS for this figure to come out.

- No refunds or cancellation of pre-orders at S7''s site (so it's better to order them from BBTS, etc as you can cancel/get a refund from them).

- They only showed CG renders in their promotional materials.

- Apparently, there's a glut of (mainly "Ultimates" ) S7 figures available second-hand, for much cheaper than the original prices, probably due to unsatisfied collectors selling them soon after they got them (because they can't get refunds).

Coupled with the QC issues (lose joints, parts snapping off, etc) of other figures (or the fact that the targetmasters with Banzaitron and Shrapnel didn't fully interact with the main figures in any practical/meaningful way), I would strongly advise others to be "buyer beware".

Here's a video review of another figure by them. It's rather sad to see a review go from excited, to disappointed to finally mad in such a short time. The comments section is full of collectors from various fandoms (Thundercats, Metalhawks, Disney, TMNTs, He-Man, etc) all cite the same issues with Super 7 and their products).

Here's a podcast. I've timestamped it to just when they start taking about S7's product-issues, starting with their (seemingly infamous) TMNT line:

-

Basically, they seem to be a crowd-funded company, posing as a legit retail one. That's why they only show CG renders of their stuff, why there are numerous QC issues and why it takes so long to get their stuff; they don't finish getting the design/production ready until they've gotten their orders in (and this might also be why they don't directly give refunds or allow for cancellations).

I pre-ordered this directly from these clowns and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered to my friend in America. I might just sell it too.

This will be the first and last Super 7 figure I ever buy.

I might be spoilt though at this point, as I just got a fully transforming Bludgeon enough love amazing (even with some QC issues, such as a bent helmet and undersprayed paint, etc). I know it's apples and oranges but it's still amazing.

Bludgeon (Kanji).png

I even added metallic red eyes and a gun metal wash for the skull.

Bludgeon - Metallic red eyes and gun metal skull wash.png

I DO hope there's a way to mod the S7 Bludgeon to host a (Micromaster/Legends) scale figure. Perhaps as a backpack?

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
In my experience both helmets fit fine.
The one that comes on him is a hair small looking, but can fit fine.

The other one is perfect and looks great.

Any issue there is with the person trying to put it on.

Leg joints are a tad loose, yes, but not terribly so.

He's VERY NICELY poseable. Zero complaints with that.

Buy what you like but Banzai-tron rocks, Bludgeon is almost as great. Of the three I've bought Bombshell is the weakest due to where his design affects the shoulders but he's still pretty good.

-ZacWilliam, I absolutely recommend all three.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
In my experience both helmets fit fine.
The one that comes on him is a hair small looking, but can fit fine.

The other one is perfect and looks great.

Any issue there is with the person trying to put it on.

Leg joints are a tad loose, yes, but not terribly so.

He's VERY NICELY poseable. Zero complaints with that.

Buy what you like but Banzai-tron rocks, Bludgeon is almost as great. Of the three I've bought Bombshell is the weakest due to where his design affects the shoulders but he's still pretty good.

-ZacWilliam, I absolutely recommend all three.
Didn't you say above though in your original comment above that you also had issues with the helmet? For 55 dollars, I expect the helmet to fit easily, with no need to adjust it to look "ok".

Have you read the reviews/comments (posted before yours) at TFW? As loathe as I am to link to that site, I came across it whilst doing some (admittedly too little too late) research about the figure:

- https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/super-7-transformers-ultimates.1207646/page-107#post-21579956

Last edited:

Top Bottom