Super 7: Ultimates, ReAction, etc

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
My Ultimates Banzai-Tron just came. He is AMAZING. He is also HUGE. Well larger than a Marvel Legends. He looks great and has awesome poseability.

He is for all intents a Masterpiece Action Master Banzai-Tron. And that is so weird but so cool.

My highest recommendation.

-ZacWilliam, Super7 missed the boat by not doing more Action Masters. This line is made for them and I would buy every single one.

View attachment 6188
I wouldn't be surprised if they do more. First three waves were planned out before or at around the same time wave 1 was announced. So they're likely going to see the reception to him and Bombshell and realize that fans liked the idea.

Hope my set comes soon, they were from S7 directly. Did you order yours through them or a reseller?

MrBlud

Citizen
That height is probably good for Bludgeon and Tarn but a wee bit larger than I’d prefer for Mr.Tron.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
He is bigger that I would have answered if someone asked me the perfect Banzai-Tron size. But not too big for a perfect Banzai-Tron toy to be. If that makes sense. I would absolutely take all the other Action Masters at this size and since they are Action Masters I am perfectly fine fitting them in with all my Chug/modern remake figures despite their being non-transforming because that's correct and they are great.

Banzai-Tron was ordered direct from Super 7. It shipped two days ago from California with a projected arrival next Thursday (the day after my Birthday) and then was suddenly out for delivery this morning and here almost a week early.

-ZacWilliam, I was waiting to see what I thought of Banzai-Tron but now Bombshell has gone way up on my list of things to get when the funds work out.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
He is bigger that I would have answered if someone asked me the perfect Banzai-Tron size. But not too big for a perfect Banzai-Tron toy to be. If that makes sense. I would absolutely take all the other Action Masters at this size and since they are Action Masters I am perfectly fine fitting them in with all my Chug/modern remake figures despite their being non-transforming because that's correct and they are great.

Banzai-Tron was ordered direct from Super 7. It shipped two days ago from California with a projected arrival next Thursday (the day after my Birthday) and then was suddenly out for delivery this morning and here almost a week early.

-ZacWilliam, I was waiting to see what I thought of Banzai-Tron but now Bombshell has gone way up on my list of things to get when the funds work out.
Thanks. Mine just shipped (got a notification). Should be here by Friday.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Can you post a picture of him next to a Voyager class figure? Trying to get a good feel for the size.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'd say he's maybe a half a head taller and also noticeably thicker than these Voyagers I grabbed at random.
564FC087-DC74-4A7D-B1D4-19EB79EAE979.jpeg
6F023BCA-36FA-4175-9D4A-1D9491EFD00E.jpeg

knees bent and abs slightly crunched in second picture.

ZacWilliam, Given that Action Masters are supposed to be "Stronger! Faster! More Alive than ever before!" Him being just a bit of a beast works for me.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Man, like you said, he's bigger than I would probably design him, but not so big as to be a detriment.

For the Tarn that they're making, it'd be the perfect size.

Thanks for the pics!

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I do find it odd that the partner seems to be molded to have a weapon mode, but all indications are that it doesn't. I'm confused on that one. The barrel can't be re-arranged?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I do find it odd that the partner seems to be molded to have a weapon mode, but all indications are that it doesn't. I'm confused on that one. The barrel can't be re-arranged?
It’s one molded piece just designed to look like the original transforming. version. Banzai‘s gun can plug into its pegs but that’s as far as that goes.

From what we’ve heard about the way Hasbro handles liscensing they may not have been allowed to make anything actually tf.

-ZacWilliam, Bombshell seems to get around this by just having his partner come apart in a way that lets a part be a helmet.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, though I find that annoying I can say that they must have done an amazing job on the paint, since it looked like two parts to me. I had thought it might be a case of taking off a couple small tabs to enable a disabled function.

I don't know how to edit TFwiki, but that bit of info needs to be edited for the toy with the caption "His Action Master Partner chugged nucleon too prior to release" or something to that effect. I hadn't thought about the licence, but you're right, that sort of thing has happened before, like with the pre-Titan giant Zarak and Skorpnok, they both clearly had the space to put in hinges, but they didn't for what they said was the same reason.

Last edited:

Lobjob

Citizen
Back when it came out I bought one of those upgrade kits that worked tremendously

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Back when it came out I bought one of those upgrade kits that worked tremendously

I remember thinking about buying one back in the day, but I didn't have a lot of extra to spend back then, so I couldn't justify it. I remember always thinking that he looked good with the third party heads, though.

And also to not self-destruct over time.

Mine has been ok so far (knock on wood) but I do know that people have reported problems with the interaction between the soft treads and the surrounding plastic as well as the hands breaking if you try to insert the wrong part of his sword handle. Hoping mine continues to hold out.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I sold my tank-Bludgeon to get the TFSS version, then sold it when I had to have surgery. I haven't had one except for the Prime Master since and on some level I'm tempted by the Ultimates version, though I do wish it could open and store a Micromaster or something. Yes, I know that's not remotely the point, but...

Edit: On that note, I could see Ultimates Bludgeon getting the Glow-in-the-Dark treatment at some point as a con exclusive, same as Starscream. Less for the 'ghost' aspect, more for the face that it's a skeleton-samurai, I could see it working well.

Top Bottom