Sunbow and Marvel Script/Storyboard Archive (TF sections)

Greebtron

Citizen
Now up at the Sunbow Marvel Archive are early storyboards for The Transformers The Movie. Covering the initial third of the film before jumping to Unicron's transformation. Working from a slightly earlier version of the script, they include more brutal deaths for the shuttle crew, as well as the confirmed death of Mirage (layout simplification on the final version makes it ambiguous).

The boards can be viewed via the storyboard gallery index, along with their finalised versions.
The Sunbow Marvel Archive: Storyboard viewing gallery

Below is an animatic I put together of the somewhat different cassette battle:

Peter Chung early TFTM Sequence 1 (reduced)_Page_07.jpgPeter Chung early TFTM Sequence 2_Page_08.jpgPeter Chung early TFTM Sequence 3_Page_17 (1).jpgPeter Chung early TFTM Sequence 4_Page_30 (1).jpgPeter Chung early TFTM Sequence 5_Page_13 (1).jpgPeter Chung early TFTM Sequence 6_Page_08 (1).jpgPeter Chung early TFTM Sequence 6_Page_09 (1).jpgPeter Chung TFTM Sequence 8_Page_079.jpgPeter Chung early TFTM Sequence 25_Page_03 (1).jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Now up at the Sunbow Marvel Archive are early storyboards for The Transformers The Movie. Covering the initial third of the film before jumping to Unicron's transformation. Working from a slightly earlier version of the script, they include more brutal deaths for the shuttle crew, as well as the confirmed death of Mirage (layout simplification on the final version makes it ambiguous).

The boards can be viewed via the storyboard gallery index, along with their finalised versions.
The Sunbow Marvel Archive: Storyboard viewing gallery

Below is an animatic I put together of the somewhat different cassette battle:

View attachment 16566View attachment 16567View attachment 16568View attachment 16569View attachment 16570View attachment 16571View attachment 16572View attachment 16573View attachment 16574

Love it. Your Animatic is fantastic.

Cubbie and Bolts are just early names for Steeljaw and Eject/Rewind, and we've gotten several Stripes over the years. When are we going to get a cassette-bot Stinger?

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Really digging that animatic, nicely done! Yeah, now I want a Stinger cassette-bot too.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I had no idea that Stripes was supposed to be a sabre toothed tiger! Get on both of these at once, Hasbro or third parties!

Greebtron

Citizen
Added to the Sunbow Marvel Archive this month is a plethora of G1 cartoon material, with storyboards from the following:
  • Unproduced pilot miniseries/Season 1 intro sequence
  • More Than Meets The Eye, Part 2
  • More Than Meets The Eye, Part 3
  • Transport To Oblivion
  • Roll For It
  • The Ultimate Doom, Part 3
  • Countdown To Extinction
  • Unproduced Season 2 intro sequence
  • Unproduced commercial bumper
  • Autobot Spike
  • The Immobilizer
Additionally, a quartet of story premises, written by storyboard artist Wendell Washer during early Season 2, have also become available. Along with the early version of the 1985 New Product briefing he was given for reference. Three of the unused stories focus on Omega Supreme (then under the working name of Fortress Maximus), and a fourth focusing on Seaspray.

All of these can be viewed at https://sunbowmarvelarchive.blogspot.com/p/mp-700-transformers-part-1-1984-1985.html

Below is an animatic, edited by me, of the unproduced season 2 intro sequence:

Transformers Alternate Opening Wendell Washer_Page_01.jpgTransformers premises - Wendell Washer_Page_2.jpgTransformers Day 2 Act 1 Draft Wendell Washer_Page_01.jpgPages from Transformers Day 2 Revised 4.19.84.pdf.jpg

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I really like that unproduced Season 2 animatic, Greebtron! I love the group shot at the end. It would have been a very cool intro.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
Ah. Omega Supreme was getting the Fort Max name for the moment. I read through those synopses - I wondered which toy model they were referring to.

Funny how they included a 'reset' to the status quo with the Autobot ship, too.

Blot

Citizen
Yeah, someone at Hasbro REALLY liked the name Fortress Maximus because it was the working name for both Omega Surpreme, Autobot City, and Metroplex.

Greebtron

Citizen
The Doctor Is In

(Quietly posting episode model sheets to the Archive as I get them. Not gonna make a big fuss until everything is in place).

Attachments

• Pages from Transformers Season 1 Character Scans-2.pdf.jpg
    Pages from Transformers Season 1 Character Scans-2.pdf.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 17

Top Bottom