Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder who the other Dinobots are going to come with. I do hope they continue the pattern. I don't want these unnecessary accessories, but I'll find it way more annoying if three of the Dinobots end up having swords and two of them don't, you know?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I wonder who the other Dinobots are going to come with. I do hope they continue the pattern. I don't want these unnecessary accessories, but I'll find it way more annoying if three of the Dinobots end up having swords and two of them don't, you know?

I expect one will be Spike, if the rumours about Swoop are true, I expect he will not have a partner but a wild guess would be Kranix and maybe his friend Arblus, but regardless, the sentence is always the same DEATH!! 😁

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
I'm still surprised they didn't repaint the Prosecutor from the Pit set. I mean they still could, I suppose, but he was right there.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen
probly isnt big enough to justify bumping slag up a price point

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Keep them at $50. Please.

These figures are keeping me from being interested in the Masterpiece line.

I barely pay attention to the MP line now, unless there is something that really catches my eye, the last offical MP I bought was Star Saber, one of just four offical MP figures that I own, the others being Optimus prime (first verison by Hasbro apart of the classics line, having the blue blaster) MP5 Megatron (haven't touched this guy in ages and only transformed him once to gun mode and back, since then, he stands on top of my cupboard with a bunch of other large figures) and lastly, but not least, I have Hasbro's MP verison of Grimlock (only one downside about this figure is the fact they felt the need to install a light up grimmick into his hand to light up his sword and gun).

Anyway, I can't wait to see which Dinobot comes next from the 86 Studio series, I hope the quailty keeps up on these figures!

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I barely pay attention to the MP line now, unless there is something that really catches my eye, the last offical MP I bought was Star Saber, one of just four offical MP figures that I own, the others being Optimus prime (first verison by Hasbro apart of the classics line, having the blue blaster) MP5 Megatron (haven't touched this guy in ages and only transformed him once to gun mode and back, since then, he stands on top of my cupboard with a bunch of other large figures) and lastly, but not least, I have Hasbro's MP verison of Grimlock (only one downside about this figure is the fact they felt the need to install a light up grimmick into his hand to light up his sword and gun).

Anyway, I can't wait to see which Dinobot comes next from the 86 Studio series, I hope the quailty keeps up on these figures!

Pretty much the same for me on MP. When I first saw pics of MP44 I was blown away, and really wanted him. I saw the price, and interest plummeted, then I saw his transformation, and interest vanished. So far SS86 (Siege/ER/and Kingdom as well mostly) hits the balance perfectly. Both modes look really close to screen accurate. Transformations are usually pretty close to there original toy or media depiction, with minimal faux parts. Price is much more reasonable.

Kup

Citizen
I would love it if the dinobots came with variations of Kranix and the Prosecutor. Maybe Swoop can be slightly smaller, and come with a full Quintesson mini figure set or something.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would love it if the dinobots came with variations of Kranix and the Prosecutor. Maybe Swoop can be slightly smaller, and come with a full Quintesson mini figure set or something.

Yeah, I have the mini versions that came with the Pit of Judgement, but now that we've gotten so many full-scale Quintessons, I'd love to have roughly deluxe sized versions of the Prosecuter, and any and all Lithones that they wanted to make as well.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
It'd be nice if the lack of a rider makes the budget go to the figure in order to make sure no obvious shortcuts are taken.

Snarl should have a sword instead of a gun.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
It'd be nice if the lack of a rider makes the budget go to the figure in order to make sure no obvious shortcuts are taken.

Snarl should have a sword instead of a gun.

He should have both, not one or the other as Grimlock and Slag have done! I'm not calling Slag, Slug because it sounds like the name of a very slow character!

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wish we got swords instead of riders too, but it's too late for that now unless two of the remaining Dinobots come with extra swords.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do wonder what could be next, if ever.
  • Spike redeco of Daniel?
  • Rerelease of 1 or more figurines from Quintesson Pit of Judgment?
  • Arblus to go with Kranix?
Maybe there'll be a ginormous box set later on in more toy-style decos with no mini partners and lots of swords. Or Premium Finish releases. IDK.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
My Gnaw came today. He's significantly smaller that I was expecting. I was thinking he'd be roughly the size of the Quint Bailiff mold but he seems like a half to a full size class smaller. He's a pretty great toy otherwise and I kinda want at least three more but I was expecting a bit more bulk/heft.

-ZacWilliam, part of it may be that I've loved the original Gnaw toy since I got him as a kid and he's a big old chonky thing. A behemoth next to this one.

The Phazer

Citizen
I do wonder what could be next, if ever.
  • Spike redeco of Daniel?
  • Rerelease of 1 or more figurines from Quintesson Pit of Judgment?
  • Arblus to go with Kranix?
Maybe there'll be a ginormous box set later on in more toy-style decos with no mini partners and lots of swords. Or Premium Finish releases. IDK.

I saw a suggestion that the Quintesson Executioner could be a pick. I'd sort of rather that he got a deluxe though, even if he gained an alt mode.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Studio Series 86 Titan class giant squid with Kup limbs and a shoal of fish for good sport.

Well the Ark got a robot mode, so anything is possible, but you would also need to buy a fishtank and fill it with metalfish and water, then put the squid in along with Kup & Hot Rod! 😁

Top Bottom