Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

The Phazer

Citizen
I preordered both through Pulse but realized they were $7 cheaper through Amazon US. So I switched my preorder…

Why do I feel like I made a mistake?

Depends on if Amazon US is more reliable at shipping pre-ordered Transformers product out than Amazon UK is.

If it was Amazon UK the odds are you're never getting the item.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Depends on if Amazon US is more reliable at shipping pre-ordered Transformers product out than Amazon UK is.

If it was Amazon UK the odds are you're never getting the item.

For the UK these days on Pre-order I tend to use In demand toys, they are a very reliable site, I had no troubles with them and you get free postage on orders over £50, of course, there is Kapow Toys as well, thou I'm less inclined to use them these days due to a bit of a change in regards to pre-order system a while ago, so I use them rarely, the last order was preordering upgrade, DNA for Victory Saber and Legacy TM2 Megatron

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yep. Despite doing most of my preordering from both Pulse and Amazon these days, I still do a healthy amount of preordering/shopping through BBTS. They're pretty darn great, IMO. Their customer service is top-notch and I think that Pulse, while good, could take a few pages out of the BBTS Customer Service Handbook. I'm excluding Amazon, because in my experience, it appears that they couldn't care less when it comes to customer service. They are fast and fairly reliable, sure; but CS is definitely not among their strengths.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I just wish BBTS would charge the sales tax when purchasing items upfront instead of holding off on charging it until shipping my Pile of Loot, adding it to the shipping cost that always makes it way more than just four bucks.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I am a long-time BBTS customer and still support them when I can. They carry a lot of import figures and things that just can't be procured through the bigger outlets (I'm looking at you, Diaclone!). Admittedly though, I do preorder Transformer and G.I. Joe stuff through Hasbro when I can. However, if I miss the preorder window through them - which happens more than I care to admit - I generally reach for BBTS next.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Agreed. I usually go for Pulse first, since I paid to be a premium member so I might as well try to get my money's worth out of the free shipping. Anything that I miss out on from there, though, BBTS is my go-to. Always been very happy with their selection, service, and the Pile of Loot feature. Somehow, 1 box of multiple figures showing up occasionally gets me less side-eyes from the wife than the same amount of figures all arriving within a few days of each other in separate boxes.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am fortunate that I have an arrangement with the wife. As long as its a TF that I really want, I can get it. I like that as over the years, I would try to complete the lines, and I have long since ran out of display space for everything. This weekend I might even start putting up more shelves in my office and start working on the pile of unopened TFs!

Blot

Citizen
I might try my hand at painting a little detail on a toy for the first time, if it bugs me enough when Snarl is in hand.

pRz040I.png

The "bumps" on either side of his head in red just give him this inset head look in the pictures, but I realized they're sculpted there to evoke the golden parts of the animation version. A different color might help eliminate that sunken head look my eyes keep seeing in the photos.

Aox7gxD.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am fortunate that I have an arrangement with the wife. As long as its a TF that I really want, I can get it. I like that as over the years, I would try to complete the lines, and I have long since ran out of display space for everything. This weekend I might even start putting up more shelves in my office and start working on the pile of unopened TFs!

We're in the process of renovating a new house and I'll have an office for the first time. It's going to be mostly shelves. Pretty excited about it, as up until now I just had a small set of shelves in the basement and everything else was just stored in boxes.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'd use BBTS more if they were a bit faster. At this point Amazon, Pulse, even TFSource is just the quicker option. And as an individual who struggles with a lack of patience, I just don't want to wait. But, I will state on record that BBTS's customer service is the best in the business.

Currently going through something with TFSource that, if it works the way they say, will bump them up a few notches in my book, but Joel and his team have just been great historically.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I just got an order from BBTS. DHL is super slow and then the handing over to USPS always adds a day or 2. I’ve been using them though since 2001 ish.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have used them for just about as long and only ever had 1 issue, and that wasn't their fault. Hasbro delayed the G1 Keychains so I couldn't get one to my buddy as a Christmas gift before he deployed. Like I said, not their fault, and its the only I have had in 20 years of doing business with them.

Also, everyone, please click on the BBTS link for this month to see what they have!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Confirmed: SS86 Commander class Ultra Magnus is taller than SS86 Leader class Grimlock and towers over Kingdom Rodimus.

Hi Transformer fans!

Hope everyone had fun at SDCC and enjoyed some of the new figures we have coming!

I have some catching up to do with a bunch of requested Insta posts but wanted to start with our SS86 Commander Ultra Magnus.

Bit of a short post but as I mentioned in our SDCC panel, this figures comes courtesy of the wonderful Tomo san at TT.

We crammed in a bunch of wonderful features and articulation that are standard to the scale and really make this a fun figure to play with.

Hopefully you all have been having fun collecting the Junkions so they can fully rebuild Ultra Magnus after his battle with Galvaron and his Sweeps.

Thanks for all the support and we'll have more info and posts coming soon.

Thanks!

Top Bottom