Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Shadewing

Citizen
I still feel like Swoop is gonna pull a Red Cog, and have a bunch of accessories, since Swoop is smaller then the other Dinobots. So either they're gonna make him ultra complex, or we're gonna see 'Large voyager with extras'

Badgertron

Citizen
Just out of curiosity I googled "G1 dinobots animation" and it's weird. Nearly every shot I can find from the G1 show has all of the Dinobots roughly the same height in robot mode, having Swoop just be smaller in alt mode. I'm wondering what they're going to do, but I suspect he won't be drastically different size, plus he'll likely have pretty large, multi-jointed wings to make up some of the difference.

Glitch

Citizen
Here's an image showing the scales:
76601253_920931568289472_2522449935211692032_n.jpg

He looks more leader class to me.

Also when it comes to Ratchet, they shouldn't forget this onebox component.
Ratchetg1cartoon.jpg

It was there once, it counts

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

Ratchetg1cartoon.jpg

Thank you. I could have sworn it featured in the animation. Didn't Ironhide's too?

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

Ratchetg1cartoon.jpg

Ratchet will likely be just a straight up repaint of 86 Ironhide with a different head, the closest to that picture would be the Earthrise figure, thou I think they could pull off that G1 Ratchet if they gave him a leader class budget

The Phazer

Citizen
Yeah, at best they'll give him a spanner or the long gun, he isn't going to get that big an accessory.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Ratchet will have a siren piece I'm sure. Pegged right on top of those blue tabs that are on Ironhide's roof.

I'm also sure he'll have the same two pistols Ironhide has. They were designed for Ratchet to begin with, as he uses them in his brief spot in the 86 Movie.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
That, or the blue pegs themselves will just be the sirens. Since we're cutting corners costs these days, I can see that happening.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
They really should have made those yellow bits that same gold plastic used on the other dinos. The transition is jarring. Otherwise, he looks fine.

The Phazer

Citizen
They really should have made those yellow bits that same gold plastic used on the other dinos. The transition is jarring. Otherwise, he looks fine.

Lets hope all those people who complain about early video reviews of toys are correct that they're non-final and it will be fixed!

(It won't.)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Regarding Snarl, where's Tyrannitron?
Waaaaay more interesting then Wheelie and Daniel.
Damn you. Now I'm going to be upset that we didn't get one.

Make it a straight repaint of the Crashbash/Clobber mold and I'd be pleased as punch.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Thinking about it's suggested that Swoop will be practically a glorified accessory pack gave me the thought:

"It'd be a right dick-move to stick that in the 'Buzzworthy Bumblebee' line."

THEN I realized: "My god. They can do that* with the Red Swoop!"

*"That"= Red Swoop including all the missing weapons and leave Studio Series Swoop a Standard Single release.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Thinking about it's suggested that Swoop will be practically a glorified accessory pack gave me the thought:

"It'd be a right dick-move to stick that in the 'Buzzworthy Bumblebee' line."

THEN I realized: "My god. They can do that* with the Red Swoop!"

*"That"= Red Swoop including all the missing weapons and leave Studio Series Swoop a Standard Single release.
Except Buzzworthy Bumblebee isn't available in many other countries, like Japan, so that wouldn't be a good idea.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
'nother batch of 2024 figures got listed.

TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES CORE MV5 MOHAWK
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES CORE MV6 RUMBLE
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES CORE MV6 STARSCREAM
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES DLX TF7 SCORPINOCK
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES DLX MV6 SUNSTREAKE
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES DLX WFC SIDESWIPE
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES VOY WFC STARSCREAM
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES VOY 86 SCRAPHEAP
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES VOY MV6 SHOCKWAVE
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES LDR MV6 MEGATRON
TRA GEN STUDIO SERIES LDR AST TF86 SWOOP

So MV6 is the Bumblebee movie, which is interesting because characters like Rumble and Megatron weren't in that movie. TFW says some of the MV6 listings might just be erronous '86 listings, but we've already gotten a core Rumble in SS, plus a core Starscream in Legacy, so who knows.

Also more WFC and hey look, it's Swoop!

Also ANOTHER Voyager Junkion, leading me to believe the one in Evolution isn't going to be a retool of the Wreck-Gar mold.

EDIT: I guess the TF7 Scorpinock might be a spoiler, I don't know if we knew he might be in this movie until now.

Last edited:

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
So we have here... Shockwave, who was the last Bumblebee movie character who didn't have a to-scale toy. Completing that movie's lineup at last. But then there's Megatron and Rumble and Sunstreaker? What? Well, I was feeling weary of a lack of Megatron in the movies anyway. So yay. Now I can pretend he was in BB movie.

Confirmation that Swoop is a Leader Class. A Scorponok (spelled wrong...) spoiler, possibly. And he's pretty small. A Mohawk to take good advantage of the Core Class being in Studio Series now (and ANOTHER motorcycle! A lot of those lately. Not complaining). WFC in Studio Series is going to be weird, but SS is going to run out of designs eventually anyway. So let's go. Those games were good.

And YES a Scrapheap to join Junkheap! Now we'll have both of the only two Junkions besides Wreck-Gar to appear in more than one episode. We'll have all the individual speaking Junkions once they do NANCY.

Oh, and I guess a Core BB Starscream is there too.

Interesting set!

Top Bottom