Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
There's things they can do. Clear plastic that's extra thick or slightly soft can be very durable. Thin, hard clear plastic is a recipe for snapping.

I've got a clear plastic rubbish bin and a dish-rack that are crumbling to bits. I've hardly touched either of them. It could be the climate in Japan, with extremes of high humidity and temperature in summer and dry cold air in the winter. Some of my KO toys also seem to get really tight joints and the plastic is more prone to breaking (and I've hardly touched them), than the same KOs owned by fellow fans in other countries too...

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
videotogif_2022.11.19_10.33.56.gif

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's the colors. They're not an exact match for the colors used for Hasbro's Masterpiece Frenzy, but they're a lot closer to that than to the more toy-based colors we're used to seeing for Frenzy.

Shame about the lack of elbows, because it's otherwise a drastic improvement over the Siege mold. If I had an Earth mode Soundwave I would have to have this.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
It's the colors. They're not an exact match for the colors used for Hasbro's Masterpiece Frenzy, but they're a lot closer to that than to the more toy-based colors we're used to seeing for Frenzy.

Shame about the lack of elbows, because it's otherwise a drastic improvement over the Siege mold. If I had an Earth mode Soundwave I would have to have this.
It very much highlights the fact that, no matter one's position whether FIRRIB or vice-versa, cartoon Rumble really has never been the same colors as toy Frenzy.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Yesterday, I had 86 Ironhide arrive and my impressions are:

Nice looking robot mode, terrible vehicle mode, its a case of to much going on and things not connecting properly, so I pretty much decided that he is the second worse Modern Ironhide that I've handled, the worse would be the old Universe figure

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Don't feed bad, just due to the fiascos with many modern toys, when I need a Prowl or Ironhide I just borrow my nephew's Quintesson guard and Sparkless Barricade, and claim they died and turned into zombies.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In-hand gallery of Studio Series 86 Leader class Snarl:

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
He looks good, I'm looking forward to pre-ordering this guy, all we need now is a look at Swoop to complete the Dinobots, thou with Snarl I hope they not put rubber on parts of him as they did with Sludge, that was a odd desgin choice

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Snarl looks mostly great, very happy since he was always my favorite Dinobot growing up. But yeah, that yellow plastic looks really off next to all the gold. I wonder why - budget reasons, or those pieces are too complex to be gold, or just unfinished? Hoping for the latter...

Also kinda wish he came with his rifle instead of the sword, just to fit in more with the others... though of course hoping we'd get a sword set later. And he could always have his rifle in that instead of the sword.

Top Bottom