Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Xero

Citizen
Wreck-gar is really good. I hope they ride this mold to the Junkion Army we all want.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Starting to wonder if skipping Slug for now in case a black-helmeted version comes out later on was wise...

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Definitely looking into possible avenues locally.

Any thoughts on what the "Hot Rod variant" is going to be? More magenta, or Matrix-glow, or...

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Just got Jolt the other day. Why does he come with a city as his backdrop? That's kinda weird, right? I mean, did he even have any other scenes besides boosting Optimus in the desert?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Just got Jolt the other day. Why does he come with a city as his backdrop? That's kinda weird, right? I mean, did he even have any other scenes besides boosting Optimus in the desert?

Nope, he was pretty much a bot who showed up and then disappeared afterwards, in other words, he is a blank slate, so my head cannon for the character is that he is a time traveller of sorts who likes to get involved in major events that reflect the future, such as that time in the desert but when the battle is over, everyone forgets he existed and he moves off to the next major event where his services are required, also, he visited a strange world once where a slime monster gave him the name Jolt! 😁

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Saw Thrust today. And I don’t collect the movie figures. But damned is he nice looking. Hoping with the multi generations of figures rumored to be getting toys soon we can get a sweet deluxe scale Thrust.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
My Amazon Slag showed up.

First impression: His robot mode is impressively large. Grimlock is just as big, but it seems less unusual for him.

One of his knee ratchets immediately broke. Not overly concerned as the joint is still plenty tight and functional, was just a bit of a disappointment. I'd heard of several people having this problem with Grimlock, but hadn't noticed any reports of it with Slag.

He is good, but a bit of a let down after Grimlock. Grimlock looks excellent and accurate in both modes, has a transformation that is more or less G1 accurate, and that is fast and fun with 0 fiddle.

Slag has the looks in both mode, but his transformation leaves a bit to be desired, I find the tabs on the side of the tail extension and the wing tabs a bit fiddly. It's just not as smooth and satisfying as Grimlock.

The back legs are a bit dinky looking as well.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Slag arrived finally today. Havnt had a chance to TF him yet, but he looks great.

My first impression is how HUGE he is. Which is great and appropriate for the Cartoon Dinobots.

I think the size hits me more with him than it did with Grimlock, because I had Masterpiece Grimlock before SS but I've never had a Slag this giant.

-ZacWilliam, I wish the other Dinobots would be out sooner I want to be able to display them towering over the Autobots like in the Cartoon.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
At least we have a hint that Swoop is coming. Maybe the rest will hit when that Cyberverse Dinobot special comes out, whenever that happens.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Mine arrived today too but haven’t gotten him out of the box yet. I don’t have Grimlock yet. And my local Walmart doesn’t get leader sized figures in. I gotta say, DAMN! He’s a big dude! Can’t wait to get them all.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
couldn’t wait. What a awesome figure. The size and bulkyness of him is great. Transformation is fairly easy. His horns pop off easy though. But I suppose that’s better than breaking off.

Daniel is kind of a joke. Let’s don’t straighten out to stand normal. No face. I’m no toy designer, but could it really have been that hard to put a small human face and a clear cover over it?

overall very pleased with him. I’ll be ordering Grimlock in another week or 2. Hopefully the remaining 3 get a release as rumored.

Attachments

• F0F3A23A-2BC3-40BE-99BC-C41FB5F07E98.jpeg
    F0F3A23A-2BC3-40BE-99BC-C41FB5F07E98.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 75
  • CE661FAC-4239-418A-991D-F1088FAF90D0.jpeg
    CE661FAC-4239-418A-991D-F1088FAF90D0.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 74

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dino mode looks way better than the initial pictures somehow. I thought it looked stubby, but now it looks right to me.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
It seems pretty spot on. I think Snarl will have a very similar transformation. Sludge is the one I feel that’s going to be tougher to pull off and keep at the same height as the others.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got Slag in a little while ago, Daniel, joined his best buddy, Wheelie in a draw that is closed, those are worthless accessories, they should of done the swords instead, so I bought swords for those figures!

Top Bottom