Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Shadewing

Citizen
So watching a video on SS Ironhide, I think I'm kinda impressed that he roughly transforms the same as Seige/Earthrise version. But seeing how many hinges are on transparent plastic makes me /extremely/ weary of him as that chest is gonna break eventually.

MrBlud

Citizen
I am irrationally angry about there not being a thin yellow stripe on a Voyager priced “screen accurate” Deluxe Ironhide.

Change anything about that (Legacy Voyager, Studio Deluxe, etc) and I could rationalize it away but the combination of it being Studio Series *and* costing another size class up and they can’t put a ******* stripe is infuriating.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Now I want to see a musical of the Autobot and Decepticon communicators as rival gang leaders with their cassettes as the gang members in a really WEIRD variation on West Side Story. And for maximum weirdness, play the script entirely straight from start to finish.

Second'd!

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I am irrationally angry about there not being a thin yellow stripe on a Voyager priced “screen accurate” Deluxe Ironhide.

Change anything about that (Legacy Voyager, Studio Deluxe, etc) and I could rationalize it away but the combination of it being Studio Series *and* costing another size class up and they can’t put a ******* stripe is infuriating.

Also, isn't Ironhide without the stripe just Tote?

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I can't do it with out Tote's iconic grey chest and handsome grey face and iconic windshield feet.

-ZacWilliam, I wish I was kidding but Tote was my all time favorite micromaster and I need a Tote who looks like Tote as a robot damn it.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Cool to see Movie Soundwave, Ravage, Laserbeak and now Rumble and you would have to guess eventually Frenzy. But damn, can Blaster and his dudes get some love? We got a GREAT Blaster figure and a weird translucent eject. And no word of anymore to come.

Glitch

Citizen
With this core class Rumble, there's a chance we'll see core class Ramhorn and Steeljaw this way.

Glitch

Citizen
How so? Or do you mean Eject and Rewind?
Rumble is the Siege version with a backpack, piledrivers and guns to reflect his G1 cartoon model and toy, Ramhorns G1 toy originally came with attachable missile batteries and Steeljaw with attachable guns.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Rumble is the Siege version with a backpack, piledrivers and guns to reflect his G1 cartoon model and toy,
Nuh uh. SS86 Rumble is a brand new mold.

1660750692-300023480-537616078091418-6993164063123773296-n.jpg

1660750692-299980246-537616044758088-106664670454372489-n.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nuh uh. SS86 Rumble is a brand new mold.

1660750692-300023480-537616078091418-6993164063123773296-n.jpg

1660750692-299980246-537616044758088-106664670454372489-n.jpg

Yeah, I had thought it was a remold at first, too, but every part is different.

This new design / management team is not at all afraid to take another pass at recently released characters. I'm not 100% positive about how I feel about that. Often times they DO end up being improvements, like Rumble here or SS Ironhide, but I have to be careful about being too upgrade-happy. Rumble I will buy, but Earthrise Ironhide will do just fine for me.

Last edited:

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Speaking of the whole "not afraid to take a pass on recently done characters", I would really, really like it if the team could take another pass and do SS86 Galvatron. I mean, the Kingdom/Legacy version is okay and I have really tried to like it, upgrade kits and all. But try as I may, I just don't see '86 Galvatron when I look at him. It's just too off-model.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
After they do Sureshot, I'd like them to Redo Crosshairs, because if Sureshot is more like Pointblank, then Crosshide is really gonna standout as not looking like an updated G1 toy. But that is the only re-do I really want.

Top Bottom