Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I accidentally dropped both Wreck-Gar and Junkheap's axes. Now they are very close in color. I think that Junkheap's axes has a 1 on the handle and a 2 on the blade while Wreck-Gar 's is the opposite way. Can anyone please verify?

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
I accidentally dropped both Wreck-Gar and Junkheap's axes. Now they are very close in color. I think that Junkheap's axes has a 1 on the handle and a 2 on the blade while Wreck-Gar 's is the opposite way. Can anyone please verify?
My Wreck-Gar has a 1 on the blade and a 2 on the handle. I don't yet have Junkheap to compare.

Glitch

Citizen
I got Sludge and surprise surprise the backdrop is the Quintesson court. How original, not like the Dinobots kicked a gargantuan butt, fought at Autobot city or searched elsewhere on Quintesson.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Jhiaxus is bloody brilliant. If you have any fond memories of the J2 comic, you owe it to yourself to grab him. It's like he stepped off the page.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Well, I got the two-pack $20 out of pocket post-points, and now I have the 'big three' in both Legends and Voyager scale!

Studio Series Starscream's colors were made to match this two-pack more than the original release was, especially on the tail fins being left 'blank', though I'm not sure why all the wing symbols are facing, from my POV, the 'wrong way'.

I'm reminded of when I was a kid looking at the fold-out catalog that came with G1 Thundercracker.

52205337749_23cd5c08dd_c.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Weirdly, the only other ones I knew that did the bigger color patches were the Leader Class seekers from Combiner Wars, and they didn't really seem to do it as well as how the Legends did at a much cheaper price. I may be wrong about it, there's been a lot of seeker releases and I likely don't know about many of them.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Thank you!
You're welcome. But there's now a part 2 to this story.

I now DO have Junkheap. And my Junkheap... has a 1 on the blade and a 2 on the handle. Exactly the same as my Wreck-Gar. I compared the weapons side-by-side and could see no difference at all. Except maybe the 2 is a little softer on my Wreck-Gar's handle. Sorry. :/

But maybe the numbers being different on yours means something? Like maybe we have different runs of Wreck-Gar? If so, that would imply Wreck-Gar should have the 2 on the blade for you. Though that's assuming we have the same Junkheap batch. I'd believe that latter assumption though, considering Junkheap has barely been out any time so far.

Manoiki

aka TJMD
Citizen
I got Sludge and surprise surprise the backdrop is the Quintesson court. How original, not like the Dinobots kicked a gargantuan butt, fought at Autobot city or searched elsewhere on Quintesson.
I would expect it, to tie them all together. Now Snarl on the other hand was only seen on Earth and in the shuttle.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
You're welcome. But there's now a part 2 to this story.

I now DO have Junkheap. And my Junkheap... has a 1 on the blade and a 2 on the handle. Exactly the same as my Wreck-Gar. I compared the weapons side-by-side and could see no difference at all. Except maybe the 2 is a little softer on my Wreck-Gar's handle. Sorry. :/

But maybe the numbers being different on yours means something? Like maybe we have different runs of Wreck-Gar? If so, that would imply Wreck-Gar should have the 2 on the blade for you. Though that's assuming we have the same Junkheap batch. I'd believe that latter assumption though, considering Junkheap has barely been out any time so far.
Interesting theory. I was pretty sure this picture (taken prior to the possible mix up) told me what you confirmed with your Wreck-Gar, but needed someone else to check.
20220708_185750.jpg

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I would love to get Kranix and Arbalus in any class, honestly. But yeah, Core Class would probably make the most sense. I'd love it if we could get some of the peripheral characters from the comics and shows made into toys (Kremzeek, Primacron, etc.). I also would not be mad if they made more human/humanoid characters to augment the line, like The Mechanic, Circuit Breaker, Spike, Sparkplug, Chip, Carly, and so on.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I would love to get Kranix and Arbalus in any class, honestly. But yeah, Core Class would probably make the most sense. I'd love it if we could get some of the peripheral characters from the comics and shows made into toys (Kremzeek, Primacron, etc.). I also would not be mad if they made more human/humanoid characters to augment the line, like The Mechanic, Circuit Breaker, Spike, Sparkplug, Chip, Carly, and so on.
Is there any way we might see a "comic series" (or whatever the print-equivalent of "Studio Series" would be)? Maybe we could finally get a red-helmeted Ratchet that way....

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Is there any way we might see a "comic series" (or whatever the print-equivalent of "Studio Series" would be)? Maybe we could finally get a red-helmeted Ratchet that way....
Legacy could always surprise us with a "Comic Universe Autobot Ratchet"

Top Bottom