Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I skipped Scourge several times, same with Cyclonus. I ended up caveing a few weeks ago and got Cyclonus. Dude is rocking, so that made me regret passing on Scourge. I like Scourges colors better than Sweeps, but found a Sweep the other night and decided to settle and grab him instead of hunting down a Scourge.

Also grabbed Wrek-Gar, and he is better than I expected, pretty fun.

The Phazer

Citizen
Scourge is pretty nice, but it must be said Cyclonus is probably the best toy since Earthrise Prime so you chose wisely.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I just picked up 86 Wreck Gar at a nearby Walmart, but I havent opened him yet. If screen accuracy isnt a high priority, how does he compare to the RTS or PotP ones? Is he easier or harder to transform? Im kind of unsure if I need another motorcycle Wreck Gar (Animated garbage truck would be a different story), but I dont want to take him back and lose my chance to have one at a decent retail price.

Last edited:

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
I just picked up 86 Wreck Gar at a nearby Walmart, but I havent opened him yet. If screen accuracy isnt a high priority, how does he compare to the RTS or PotP ones? Is he easier or harder to transform? Im kind of unsure if I need another motorcycle Wreck Gar (Animated garbage truck would be a different story), but I dont want to take him back and lose my chance to have one at a decent retail price.
He's very easy to transform. The only thing I have issue with is getting the armature attaching the front of his chest in the right position for motorcycle mode. It's not difficult, you just got to know where and how it goes. Other than that, he's super easy and very similar to the original figure. Definitely easier than the RtS one to transform.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
My son bought SS86 Grimlock last week, and I just cannot get over how big and solid and awesome-looking he is. I just wish there was a better way of mounting his gun on his dino back.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
My son bought SS86 Grimlock last week, and I just cannot get over how big and solid and awesome-looking he is. I just wish there was a better way of mounting his gun on his dino back.

Third party upgrade kit can kind of resolve that but you need to take it off for Robot mode, well, you don't HAVE to but the Dino head will be held up a bit more

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I put his on his dino bicep so it looks like he's holding it in trex mode

BlitzwingHaz

Citizen
Hey guys.
I mostly love the line so far, Hotrod and Scourge probably being my favourites.
Just opened Slag the other day and I never realised how much I wanted accurate scaled Dinbots till now, he is awesome. Can't wait for the others.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm super excited.

When I was a kid Slag and Swoop were my favorite dinobots. Actually got a Slag in his G2 reish. I've been very excited to get ahold of SS Slag, though I've missed him thus far at retail here. Looking at him, though, I've been terribly disappointed at his horns and frill. Been hoping for an upgrade kit or something to be announced, but no such luck

BUT!

As luck would have it, Allspark's very own Cheets, happens to be quite damn good at custom painting and for reasons of his own, he's chosen to sell his custom painted Slag. And I got to it first!

So I will have the Slag of my dreams here in a short little while. I genuinely cannot wait!

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I generally like my Dinobots in toy colors. Having said that, I think I'm OK with them going full cartoon colors this time around. For one, the sheer size of them screams cartoon Dinobots, rather than the toy Dinobots that were more or less normal sized. And in addition to that, I already got the full toy set thanks to PotP plus GS Red Swoop. Between the PotP toy set and the SS86 cartoon set, I think I'm pretty happy with the available selection of Dinobots.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm super excited.

When I was a kid Slag and Swoop were my favorite dinobots. Actually got a Slag in his G2 reish. I've been very excited to get ahold of SS Slag, though I've missed him thus far at retail here. Looking at him, though, I've been terribly disappointed at his horns and frill. Been hoping for an upgrade kit or something to be announced, but no such luck

BUT!

As luck would have it, Allspark's very own Cheets, happens to be quite damn good at custom painting and for reasons of his own, he's chosen to sell his custom painted Slag. And I got to it first!

So I will have the Slag of my dreams here in a short little while. I genuinely cannot wait!

If you look on Ebay, there is upgrade for Slag about, I don't know how good, I ordered some a few days ago but I got to wait a while yet before they come through, thou looking at the tracking, it hopefully will be with me in the next couple of days along with some parts to let me upgrade Grimlock and deal with the gaps in his robot mode arms, honestly, I think they did Slag's robot mode arms better in regards to hiding the hands for Dino mode!

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I saw Gnaw in store the other day and passed on him. Looks like a great toy, I’m just not interested in him. Hoping to find WreckGar soon.
My local Walmart sucks and doesn’t carry leaderclass. Never found Grimlock so my chances for Slag are low too. About to bite the bullet and just buy both online.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I saw Gnaw in store the other day and passed on him. Looks like a great toy, I’m just not interested in him. Hoping to find WreckGar soon.
My local Walmart sucks and doesn’t carry leaderclass. Never found Grimlock so my chances for Slag are low too. About to bite the bullet and just buy both online.
Yeah I missed out on another Amazon Slag pre-order yesterday, pretty bummed. I've never seen any SS leaders in my local stores other than Bay Contructicons shelf warming. I hadn't been feeling Gnaw, but I wasn't feeling Cyclonus, Scourge, or Wrek-Gar, and now I'm loving them, so I'll probably cave.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen

do you have a meijers nearby? ive found several at 2 different stores (one store just last week)

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
20210923_130543.jpg

Stick em up!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
My Wreck-Gar came today.

Also Amazon pushed my Gnaw back to mid October, but still say they will ship me Slag and Pipes (of all people) on Oct 5th.

-ZacWilliam, I'm not counting on either happening.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
My 86 Grimlock now has nicer looking robot mode arms, as he been upgraded, did get some feet upgrade for Slag but one of the panels just doesn't want to stay in place, I also upgraded his Dino horns with something better, now, I want to know who next of the Dinobots getting the leader treatment, Snarl, Sludge or Swoop?

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
Amazon has Slag preorders for msrp again, as of right now.

Top Bottom