Studio Series 86 Appreciation Thread

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Looks like they did switch to screws over rivets for some of the parts (legs, maybe arms). I wonder if this'll make him a bit more worth attempting to customize.

I may try getting this -- the head can go to Skywarp, the coronation bits to my earlier Earthrise Screamer, and the rest I may try customizing.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
What’s next for the 86 line? Sludge. Junkyard.

Gears
Swoop
Snarl
Cassettes
Windcharger
Blitzwing (already rumored?)

from my best guess these figures haven’t been made yet in WFC or SS86 so far.

Glitch

Citizen
Snarl? Astrotrain won't be getting a toy despite having a role in the movie but Snarl who only appeared in ten frames will? madness!

The Phazer

Citizen
Snarl? Astrotrain won't be getting a toy despite having a role in the movie but Snarl who only appeared in ten frames will? madness!

Astrotrain got a Siege toy. They're clearly considered to be complementary lines, which is why Cyclonus was in Kingdom and Scourge was in SS86.

Astrotrain's toy isn't very good but it exists, and it doesn't appear it was a huge seller or an exclusive, which is the only circumstance I can see SS86 revisiting those characters (Ironhide). I wish they'd go back and do a less greebly Shockwave, but it's not likely given that toy sat.

Kup

Citizen

Gears
Swoop
Snarl
Cassettes
Windcharger

Don’t think Gears 3 second, blurry appearance on Moon Base 1 will get him into SS86. Windcharger should come with batte damage if he makes the cut.

The Phazer

Citizen
Don’t think Gears 3 second, blurry appearance on Moon Base 1 will get him into SS86. Windcharger should come with batte damage if he makes the cut.

TBF it depends on how desperate Hasbro are to do him given he didn't make the cut for Kingdom and he doesn't appear to be in any Legacy lists any time soon. The "rules" for what qualifies are probably a lot more arbitrary to Hasbro depending on what is convenient at the time.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

Gears
Swoop
Snarl
Cassettes
Windcharger

I'm guessing at some point we'll get Lithones (Unicron's first victims in the movie) and Hasbro's team can get creative with the alt modes as none of them actually transformed, there is always Auto-combatant (Hot Rod training partner) Quintesson Prosecutor as a deluxe, (I know we had one in the pit of Judgement set but a larger figure could beneift the desgin and again, creative license to Hasbro for a alt mode), Devestator could get revisited at some point along with other characters, just because they had one figure in say Kingdom doesn't mean that they can't revisit them for the 86 line! A wild card, I would like to see them visit for a titan class, Unicron, yeah I know there was the crowd funded figure but for me, it was far to big and it might be a good centre piece for a lot of people but a scaled down verison would be good to see, after all the crowd funded figure is already out of scale with the rest of the line scale!

Shadhausen

Citizen
The Lithones Arblus and Kranix actually did have alt-modes designed that did not appear in the movie but did show up in the Transformers Universe comics.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen

Gears
Swoop
Snarl
Cassettes
Windcharger

Since it seems like we are getting SS86 Ironhide, I imagine we will certainly get Ratchet as well.

Brawn seems like an obvious choice given he hasn't had a release in the WFC line, is fairly popular.

I could see Earthrise Prowl getting a Buzzworthy Cliffjumper style release.

Hound is in need of an earth mode release so if he doesn't hit in Legacy, I could see him being likely.

A Soundwave and Shockwave sound good, and wouldn't Shock me.

I could also see any of the Seekers being used as wave fillers.

Axaday

Citizen
I picked up Slag yesterday and I was really struck by how big he is. I am sure Grimlock was the same size but I forgot.

Will they make Swoop and then stop? It would be funny if they just snuck Snarl into generations similar to how Earthrise and Kingdom obviously dovetailed with this line on other bots.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I picked up Slag yesterday and I was really struck by how big he is. I am sure Grimlock was the same size but I forgot.

Will they make Swoop and then stop? It would be funny if they just snuck Snarl into generations similar to how Earthrise and Kingdom obviously dovetailed with this line on other bots.

I hope they give us all five Dinobots, even if Snarl appeared for a few frames in the 86 movie, it still counts as a appearance, same can be said for Sunstreaker & Hound, they appeared, even if it was none speaking roles, of course, there is also the bots who died in the movie, they meet the requiement to get a toy, a good example in the live action movie figures line would be Jolt, a short role in ROTF with no speaking words and he got a toy!

Top Bottom