Studio Series discussion

Xellos

Citizen
And the toy industry as a whole resisted price increases for a long while.

There were a few jumps when the new size classes were introduced in Armada, but between BW and RotF in '09, there was not a huge change in pricing.

Now it bumps up every few years... Then again, toys are not being bought on the scale of what is now yesteryear.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I guess they need to switch to making our toys out of vegetable oil instead. 😜

Or clean, efficient propane

1646663783110.jpeg

Dake

Citizen
Those calculators don't take all the other factors like materials, labor, and shipping into account.

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
Those calculators don't take all the other factors like materials, labor, and shipping into account.
I understand that. It's just surprising that plain old inflation only accounts for like half of the increase.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Found this guy today. I’m not buying the BB movie figures, but damned if Brawn didn’t look good too.
16B2D952-A783-4825-939E-30E346603A01.jpeg

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Confirmation that N.E.S.T. Bumblebee was indeed originally meant to be a Universal Studios figure:

VLXABwi.jpg

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Wish we'd have gotten some releases of the Lockdown mold that didn't use clear plastic for some of the joints. Those shoulders are scary.

Would've also been cool to get like a troop builder multipack with a white or black KSI Sentry and a red or silver Shadow Raider, facing off against whatever Deluxe Autobot was available.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Would've also been cool to get like a troop builder multipack with a white or black KSI Sentry and a red or silver Shadow Raider, facing off against whatever Deluxe Autobot was available.
Then you would have also ended up troop-building that Deluxe Autobot. ;)

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I don't really troop-build, so I would've just gotten the one. Plus it might work out better saleswise than "buy these nobodies".

Of course, said Autobot could be something like the NEST Bumblebee, who can be sold AS a named character but double as an Autobot-aligned troop. Ratchet in police colors as an Autotrooper, I dunno.

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
Galvatrons alt mode. Not bad looking.

Attachments

• 3477DBA3-6C31-4B2A-8FEA-C06638A61CAC.png
    3477DBA3-6C31-4B2A-8FEA-C06638A61CAC.png
    947.7 KB · Views: 95

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Did Thundercracker have the Blitzwing face in the film? I imagine he must have, just didn't realize that Starscream may have had his own face distinct from Thundercracker and Skywarp (Thrust and Blitzwing having the same face was something I was aware of).

Top Bottom