Studio Series discussion

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Huh. I was just thinking that these are basically what I was looking for from Siege, in terms of Cybertronic variations on G1.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I really like these designs in every way but the faces. I get it's the movie look, but they're unpleasant enough it's kinda putting me off getting them.

-ZacWilliam, Wheeljack is probably the only complete exception and Arcee the worst which is a shame because otherwise I like her.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So yeah, I pre-ordered Junkheap and sludge today. I can't pass on those guys.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I pre-ordered two Junkheaps & one Sludge, now if Spike was up, I would be a lot happier, I'm passing on the BB movie G1 looking characters, the headscuplts aren't that attractive, I would consider Acree if the face was a lot more clean because honestly advanced alien robots who can transform into prefectly looking vehicles, why can't they have smooth faces? That one of the reasons why I like a lot of animation figures and get those over the live action ones, not to say that I haven't got any live action figures, they always tend to look rather ugly and unappealing, rather devoid of life, thou for me, it depends which figures and characters!

Kup

Citizen
Man at Arms! Or of arms. Whatever his name is. The Heman guy. That’s who Brawn reminds me of!

Am I late to the party on this one?

Blot

Citizen
Preordered the Bumblebee movie stuff, Sludge (my boy), and Junkyard. Right now just the one, I'm on the fence if I'll go for a second.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm excited. Amazon is shipping me Brawn and Ratchet early. They'll be here this afternoon. Brawn was my first transformer way back in the day so I'm always excited to get a new one. Studio Series seems pretty good too. Almost reminds me of Doom guy.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Wait, did the second wave of Bumblebee movie deluxes get a price raise for some reason? They seem to be $25 while the first batch were $23.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Wait, did the second wave of Bumblebee movie deluxes get a price raise for some reason? They seem to be $25 while the first batch were $23.
Hasbro bumped prices across the board. Seemed to go in to effect with the spring assortments that are going into preorder now.
Core: 11.99
Deluxe: 24.99 (and applies to all of Hasbro's 6" collector lines)
Voyager 33.99
Leader: 52.99 (and may yet hit 54.99 by the end of the year)

MrBlud

Citizen
A temporary bump caused by current shipping, supply issues, and inflation that will NEVER, EVER GO BACK DOWN.

Kup

Citizen
Wow. $12 for a basic. Remember when those guys were $5 back during the Beast Era. Fun times.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
UK prices of Deluxe have gone up more than %100 since the classics line first came out, while voyagers have gone up more than 50%, thou the figure sizes tend to remain roughly the same

Kup

Citizen
To be fair that was 30 YEARS AGO.

--ZacWilliam, I don't want to pay more, but I'm just saying we're also a little bit "Old man yells at clouds"
Wasn’t necessarily yelling at the clouds as reminiscing. Also…wow. 26 years but close enough. Now I feel even older.

Dake

Citizen
I really like these designs in every way but the faces. I get it's the movie look, but they're unpleasant enough it's kinda putting me off getting them.

-ZacWilliam, Wheeljack is probably the only complete exception and Arcee the worst which is a shame because otherwise I like her.

I'm in the same boat. I REALLY like the Cybertronian modes and these would've been a far better way to do Siege - but the faces are still too Bay'ish for my preferences. In the long run, I've dramatically cut back on toy purchases in general so it's probably for the best. But if they rereleased all of these with new heads I'd pretty much have to dive in.

Or Marvel's Juggernaut.

He's Juggernaut colored like Man-at-Arms!

Top Bottom