Studio Series discussion

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Gamer Edition Starscream.
I would love that recoloured as a character we haven't had a new version of for a while, like Sunstorm, so I can add it to my seeker collection. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: - Updated pic below.

SS GE WFC SS.png

jet mode.png

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I would love that recoloured as a character we haven't had a new version of for a while, like Sunstorm, so I can add it to my seeker collection. Thanks for sharing!

I'm sure Hasbro will evenly milk this mold for all its worth, like I expect some point in the near future for them to do the black repaint of Gamer OP and maybe repaint Megatron to the toy colour from when WFC was first appearing.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I can’t help feeling like if Gamer Edition toys aren’t seeing the same issue as the Legacy Targetmasters: The base figures suffer for the sake of the included accessories. In the Targetmasters’ case, the compromise feels justified with the end of the Battlemaster assortment. Those transforming accessories were integral to the original release.
With the Gamer figures? I’m not sure incorporating that game element to the toys is AS essential, and it feels like the fundamental figures are suffering for it.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I can’t help feeling like if Gamer Edition toys aren’t seeing the same issue as the Legacy Targetmasters: The base figures suffer for the sake of the included accessories. In the Targetmasters’ case, the compromise feels justified with the end of the Battlemaster assortment. Those transforming accessories were integral to the original release.
With the Gamer figures? I’m not sure incorporating that game element to the toys is AS essential, and it feels like the fundamental figures are suffering for it.
Do you mean by incorporating the weapons and arms?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Do you mean by incorporating the weapons and arms?
Yeah. I’d have much rather seen them put the time and energies into a better design than put in accessories just for the sake of emulating a visual gimmick the game employed.

Actual images do NOTHING to improve my opinion of the sub Line. Starscream has the same “flat appendage” issue Barricade had, with Starscreams forearms being oddly flat and in-detailed. Alt mode is also pretty weak with his overall shape more rocket than aerofighter.
It’s sad to see how Starscream ended up, especially given the increased resources of the Voyager price point and how, broadly, decent prior Voyager Gamer Series have been

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh boy. This toy is giving me that weird itch.

I just... I have to understand what the designer was trying to accomplish here.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I haven't bought any of the gamer edition releases to be substantially better than the original releases. Even Barricade, who didn't even get a release originally, isn't interesting to me and I enjoyed playing the games. I will admit that I didn't really bother with most of the original figures as they were too small IMO. Now, I think (Barricade) is too big.

Last edited:

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Can't we just get original Studio Series figures recolored into game-specific alternate (mostly G1 sadly) colorschemes?

Hell, they can give us an Earthrise Sunstorm since he was an unlockable/downloadable characters in the RotF game!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
wfc/foc designs were never good

This.
I liked the games. They were fun to play and great looking for the time. But even then it was despite the character designs and never because of it.

-ZacWilliam, the rest of the art design, the settings and planet were good but I cannot think of a single character design from either game that I think/thought look good.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I always disliked the WFC Seeker design in particular. Such a dumpy ogre of a design.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I kinda liked WFC Trypticon. But not nearly enough to pay for the third party Apocalypse figure. Probably not enough for an official Titan either.

MrBlud

Citizen
The cockpit window needs to be narrower or at least painted so it looks like it is.

This is very “MP Sunbow” in that it’s a painstakingly accurate version of the original design (cockpit aside) that manages to look *worse* than the slightly tweaked reimagination we got back in 2012.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
So the next wave of Studio Series got revealed. Looks like all of the MV6 figures were indeed based on concept art from the movie.

• Studio Series Core Concept Art Rumble (Bumblebee Movie)
  • Studio Series Core TLK Mohawk
  • Studio Series Deluxe ROTB Wheeljack
  • Studio Series Deluxe ROTB Scorponok
  • Studio Series Voyager' 86 Scrapheap
  • Studio Series Voyager WFC Starscream
  • Studio Series Leader Concept Art Megatron (Bumblebee Movie)

Megatron is a triple changer, with both a tank and jet mode.

Top Bottom