Studio Series discussion

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
That said, the film’s lack of a color palette continues to do a disservice to the product line as a whole. I’ll be waiting for in hand comparisons and seeing the film.
I couldn't agree more. All of the beasts seem to have a 2 color palette and it really hurts what otherwise look like good figures. They're just so plain.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I couldn't agree more. All of the beasts seem to have a 2 color palette and it really hurts what otherwise look like good figures. They're just so plain.

I actually AM glad, though, that they replaced that brown from the packaging images with the gunmetal color. It's still less interesting than ACTUAL colors, but that brown was worse yet.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Image of 86 Anime Deco Prowl In-Hand Images from Transformers Studio Series (2)__scaled_600.jpg
Image of 86 Anime Deco Prowl In-Hand Images from Transformers Studio Series (1)__scaled_600.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
The headsculpt clearly gets across Prowl's realization that a lot of folks are going to be disappointed by him.

I'm really surprised - though I guess I shouldn't be - that Hasbro aren't interested in getting a clean version out for the many people that missed the original release.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I don't mind painted windows but they feel just a little two bright to me.

I'm hoping for some impressive blast and/or smoke effects because as is the prattle damage is underwhelming.

-ZacWilliam, either do him clean or go more impressive on the battle damage.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Really... Not even the Earthrise mold that people want, the ******* seige mold?

This. Of all the speculation that I have been doing internally about this release, I never once considered that they would use the Siege mold. It's like...why?? . The battle damage definitely doesn't translate well to var mode (although I'm not sure why I would want him displayed in that mode to begin with). Such a stupid and disappointing decision, IMO. This will be a super-hard skip for me.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Really... Not even the Earthrise mold that people want, the ******* seige mold?

This. Of all the speculation that I have been doing internally about this release, I never once considered that they would use the Siege mold. It's like...why?? . The battle damage definitely doesn't translate well to var mode (although I'm not sure why I would want him displayed in that mode to begin with). Such a stupid and disappointing decision, IMO. This will be a super-hard skip for me.

But...this is the Earthrise mold...

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Are we sure? The elongated front end and narrow headlights kinda look different than the Earthrise version that I have sitting on my shelf. I could be wrong, but it looks pretty Siege-y to my eyes. Maybe it's the angle of those photos?

Edit: Okay, so I am wrong - it is the Earthrise mold, apparently. I think that the angle of the shot in vehicle mode, coupled with the very light shade of blue on the headlights served to look like the front end of the Siege version to my eyes. Still kind of non-plussed about the overall look though, and will really need to see some more detailed pics (from different angles!) before I make a final judgement call.

Last edited:

Lobjob

Citizen
Dead Prime has the caveat of being tagged Alternate Universe. Its weird and I like it.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
To be fair, Prowl's death scene was one of the most detailed aside from like, Optimus. I'd be scratching my head at marketing it as dead Prowl instead of regular Prowl with a couple orange smoke cloud effects though.

Also, painted sky blue windows always suck.

Top Bottom