Studio Series discussion

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Brawn looks pretty good. I haven't been upgrading my Titan's Return era Legends scale minibots with the new Deluxes other than Bumblebee/Cliffjumper, so I probably am going to skip this one, too. I do love the "G1 Toy Accurate Go-Go-Gadget Legs."

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
That Senator Shockwave is SIIIICCCCC!!!😍😍😍

I built one out of Construct-Bot pieces back in the day; I’m SOO happy imma get a mainstream version.🥳

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am debating on the WFC Megatron, and those ROTB figures look pretty neat to me. This line definitely has the most appealing of the movieverse toys we have had in the last 16 years.

Kup

Citizen
Am I the only one who feels like Brawn looks off from the waist down; but okay from the waist up?

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Something mentioned in the stream that I haven't seen brought up here.

Ben: "Everybody's really liking Gamer Edition and, so we're excited to bring more of that to everybody. Especially if, like, we have Reactivate coming in the future, you can definitely expect to see some characters from that appear at some point. We wanted to get the Gameverse, Gamer Edition, going as soon as we could."

Soft confirmation that Reactivate figures are coming, and that Studio Series Gamer Edition was created to give Hasbro a place to put them.

Kup

Citizen
I caught that, but then quickly (mentally) moved on to “Sooo, reissues of WFC games when?”

(I know there’s licensing and other issues, just hoping deep down to see it some day.)

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
TakaraTomy-exclusive Studio Series SS-EX Nemesis Prime

IyDh0L0.jpg

MMd7Dn4.jpg

QTTbm1M.jpg

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Am I the only one who feels like Brawn looks off from the waist down; but okay from the waist up?

I will admit that I've warmed up to the headsculpt a bit as the day has progressed, and I do like the alt mode. For me though, the leg issues all seem to be necessary-but-unfortunate decisions made for transformation purposes: the hinges on the outside of his knees, the split down the center of his legs, and the weird hingey-looking feet. These really serve to distract my eyes from what otherwise appears to be a decentish-enough Brawn.

I feel like some of my issues with him may dissipate if I can see him in different poses and watch a full transformation. I mean, I don't want to dislike the lil' dude, but I guess I just wanted something a bit cleaner / more refined for a Studio Series design.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think Brawn is fine, kind of dig the stilt legs. Reminds me of the early G1 episodes where everyone had a special ability (or two) of some sort.
But it also reminds me a bit of why I’ve gravitated to things like the Core Movie line and the actual “kids toys”, it looks excessively complex to eek out an unnecessary degree of accuracy, or just for sake of trying to visually justify the consumer cost.

I appreciate the Prime nod on Cliffjumper, instead of the, still very BB-esque, original head sculpt. Disappointed in the lack of new weapons, though. These game offerings seems REALLY big on the attachable weapons, but it’s disappointing to see a retool stick with the same old ones.

Megatron is a given. Despite broader taste shifts, I DO still like the Cybertronian aesthetic, and the Voyagers have been really good iterations of those designs.

Rise of the Beasts comparisons continue to be interesting. Especially in Rhinox’s case where we have two figures in the same price point and “category” (Voyager). I like many of the refinements seen in the Studio Series figure, especially the cleaner head design and the bulky collar design. As much as I love the chain guns from the Core Voyager, the spiked hammer fits REALLY well with the melee centric weapon concept of the film Maximals. It also works well as a “rocket hammer” as we saw with Animated Magnus! That said, the film’s lack of a color palette continues to do a disservice to the product line as a whole. I’ll be waiting for in hand comparisons and seeing the film.
I still like the overall “feel” of the film Maximals, but I am still undecided on how I’ll approach them until after I see the film. The Core figures seem like better toys with more direct “lineage” to the classic characters. But the Studio Series will likely be more film accurate, and there is still some nice design elements there as well.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Brawn's engineering reminds me of Newage's version, but without the exceptionally fine-tuned toony proportions Newage excels at. But the stilts mode is hilarious and I would never display mine any other way.

Blot

Citizen
Brawn is the only thing in the stream I have an interest in picking up. Nice to have a stream that saves me money for once!

Top Bottom