Studio Series discussion

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Bumblebee is the very definition of a "Lateral move". The scout from 2013 did it better, at the cost of the vehicle mode, but a fair trade.
And the TT versions had metallic paint for BB, Megs and Op too. Definitely worth a look if you can get them at a fair price.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
These are all fine, but Megatron's what I'm really looking forward to. I love the old WfC figure, but it would be great to get that design at a bigger size, and with his mace. A better Shockwave and FoC Megatron would be great too.

Back on the subject of normal Studio Series, I just dug into my Cheetor finally. While his left bicep has spots painted on, the right bicep is completely unpainted. Looking at pictures online, it appears they're both supposed to have spots. It's pretty minor, but it jumps out at me now that I've noticed it. Is this a common defect, or is it just mine?

Lobjob

Citizen
Barricade is a must buy. Will definitely buy a Nemesis of Optimus if that happens.

MrBlud

Citizen
I want Megatron to come out SOLELY so they can repaint him into Flame for Selects.

Seems pretty likely we’ll get Tidal Wave as a Titan because of the PS2 Armada game even if he isn’t Gamer Series explicitly. Maybe FoC Broadside too.

Dake

Citizen
I really don't see enough of an improvement to the ones I currently have (sitting in a bin), to spend twice the price. Maybe the Seekers will do it for me.

Also, that 'Bee just has the whole front fenders hanging off his chest doesn't he?

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Prime with Matrix chest is neat might go for it but my OG DLX game Bee is fine as it is

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The deluxes don’t do much for me. Barricade, even if accurate, is a bit boring, while Bumblebee definitely has some questionable design choices. Especially around the pot belly car thing he‘s got going on. The best thing Bee has going for him is being available for $25 at mass retail. The original deluxe has been off market for over a decade at this point so that might make it enticing from that angle.
But with all the Cybertronian influenced designs we’ve gotten since 2010…I’m not sure this one resonates enough for me to get it.

Digging Optimus, though. He was one of my favorite designs and ADORED his 2010 figure. The only issue I had was his relative size. This release seems to address that while also adding in the fantastic Battle Axe the design utilized. Heck, it even looks like it reuses some of the engineering from the original toy. I’m eager to see Megatron.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
When I see Optimus, this is all I can think of.
B96C8E3E-E8E8-4557-898D-1F470F93C522.jpeg

Darth_Prime

Citizen
The games were a lot of fun. I wonder if this has to do with the rumored Titan Nemesis (I think it was rumored anyway).

Wouldnt mind an updated version of the Combaticons either.

My only complaint now is you have SS BB movie figures, the G1 Cybertron figures seeing release through Buzzworthy, now a third set of cybertron vehicles being released. Granted WFC had 2 whole video games, the others had under 10 minutes of screen time. Seems like a lot of effort for some figures that weren't really around much. And I know Im going to take some flak for this, its cool. Just saying my opinion.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
eh, for Legacy or Studio...the lines blend. Look at Kingdom Cyclonus and Galvatron and how well they pair with the SS85 dudes.

Top Bottom