SSBMRatchet.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 142
  • SSBMSoundwave.png
    SSBMSoundwave.png
    445.2 KB · Views: 150

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I dig the core assortment packaging, I'm hoping Legacy's also sports that little box look.

These fall into the strange area of I don't NEED most of them...but I'm an undeniable fan of the Cybertronian/alien vehicle aesthetic. Brawn and Ratchet are REALLY speaking to me, but I'll have to see some in hand images.
In my mind, I've "reinterpreted" some of the aesthetic variations of the myriad of lines I've bought as a variation on "regional looks". Think how humans have differing skin, eye shapes, body style propensities, etc. A little mental hoop to "let me" continue using older Classics figures, some movie figures (like the Cybertronian ones above) and modern Generations without getting hung up on some detail differences.

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
Ratchet's Martian Rover Truck and Brawn's Li'l Drill Tank are far better than I expected from the BB Intro designs. Wheeljack's car mode is great too, but it doesn't make me think "oh I think I've seen this in a sci-fi movie".

Soundwave, on the other hand, is exactly what I expected.

Don't get the point of Core Shockwave, but hopefully they keep the size class around for Bayverse stuff. Lots of odd little bots that'd be perfect there.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Also, it looks like Ravage comes with the "Gun point" seen with Soundwave weapons. Questionable position on the Hasbro images, though...

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Don't get the point of Core Shockwave, but hopefully they keep the size class around for Bayverse stuff. Lots of odd little bots that'd be perfect there.
The same as Core Optimus Prime, Starscream, Megatron and all: Offer a major (and typically expensive) character in a low cost format. With Deluxe figures hitting $22-25, I think the core class makes a compelling option for smaller retailers who might not want to stock pricier price points. Especially with the introduction of major named characters in the mix.

Kup

Citizen
I really, really like Brawn, Wheeljack, and Ratchet. Man, I don't need them but I want them.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm generally not a Movie design person at all, but Damn everything about that Brawn really appeals to me.

-ZacWilliam, Ratchet and Wheeljack are kinda Neat. Brawn is just Awesome.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've more or less sworn off Movie figures, but that is one good looking Brawn. The Bumblebee-Movie-Verse characters are just generally more attractive to me than the standard Bay-verse version. I like my Transformers to be mostly made out of big chunks of alt-mode.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know what either Sounwave (headless frog?) or Ravage (gas generator?) is supposed to turn into, but it's Cybertron alt modes so it's all good.

Ratchet looks fantastic. And I love the callback to Brawn's "special feature" in the G1 cartoon of having a drill.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
I don't like Shockwave debuting as core class, but seems safe that he will get a voyager tot eventually. Even then, his design is pretty much a retread of Prime Shockwave.

Soundwave is weird. The robot mode might be worth it. For the deluxes, I like Ratchet the best. Love the vehicle mode.

Ravage is ok.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Ravage is the only one of these who transformed in the movie itself, and all he did there was eject out of Soundwave's chest.
And yet I'm not 100% sure if this Ravage can go inside this Soundwave. (And even if he can, that still doesn't explain what Soundwave is.)

Shockwave looks fine, I guess. All three Autobots look pretty good, especially Brawn.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Really curious what Arcee is going to turn out like when they have the freedom to make her alt-mode look like whatever they want.

Boss Borot

The Living Junkyard
Citizen
I like everything about Brawn except for his chewed-up face. That vehicle mode is great.

No interest in the others.

RCX

Citizen
Ravage is the only one of these who transformed in the movie itself, and all he did there was eject out of Soundwave's chest.
And yet I'm not 100% sure if this Ravage can go inside this Soundwave. (And even if he can, that still doesn't explain what Soundwave is.)
The press release says Ravage does indeed fit inside Soundwave.

RCX

Citizen
I'm in for all of these guys minus core Shockwave.
I wonder what the design timeline/philosophy was for these guys.
I doubt the var-modes were developed back when the TF6 first scene was developed.
Do the designers just get the CAD-robot modes and then try to reverse-engineer some kind of vehicle?
Would be an interesting question for Hasbro.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Am I the only one who not really feeling these desgins, out of the reveals, the only one that really Interest me is Shockwave, thou I think I put this feeling down to the fact we been spoilt with the WFC trilogy and it produced some great desgins, then, I never been the biggest live action film fan and not really been collecting the figures aside from the odd one or two, until the 86 movie figures appeared, thou I do have a question regarding Ravage, can he fit into the WFC Soundwave chest?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I really haven't liked the movie aesthetic for some time. I've stopped collecting movie figures and my wallet has thanked me. With that said, I will definitely be getting that Brawn. Sure he may look like a Halo Grunt, but he's also my first Transformer and I'll collect every version of him I can.

Top Bottom