Street Fighter 6 Announced

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'll be getting my copy from Amazon today, though my PS5 is at my house. So I won't be able to play it until I'm done healing and back home. Still, it'll give me something to look forward to.

Deathy G1

Citizen
What are everyone's first impressions? My biggest takeaway so far is that Marisa is very OP. Her Gladius alone can win matches against players who should fare much better against me.

Caldwin

Citizen
My copy has arrived. For now it's incentive to heal so I can get home to m PS5 and actually play it.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Ive bought it but all of my free time is going to Zelda. Maybe Ill get to it in a month or so.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
My character is starting to not look like an NPC Soul Calibur character creation this is not
Fy7q69yXgAI5MFl.jpg

Caldwin

Citizen
What are everyone's first impressions? My biggest takeaway so far is that Marisa is very OP. Her Gladius alone can win matches against players who should fare much better against me.

I may grow to like it. But...first impressions?

World Tour
I don't like Luke, which may be unfortunate since Capcom seems to be making him the poster child for 6. But I just don't like him. So making him the first Master I have to take orders from is going to be annoying. I also don't really like the character creator. I challenge any to make someone who hasn't been hit with the ugly stick. I want to see it. I also don't like that you're stuck with the Modern control scheme, at least at the start.

I may continue with this at some point. But for now I'm underwhelmed.

Battle Hub
This is okay for playing some of the old school games. But if you're anything like me, you already have multiple ways of playing these games...without the annoying scan line filter.

I'm glad there trying something different with the online lobbies. But I can just imagine being in the middle of a Final Fight level and all of a sudden you're yank out for a battle. And it's also reinforcing my thoughts that making something in character creator that isn't ugly as hell is impossible.

Fighting Ground
This is where I'll probably spend most of my time. The characters look lovely. I don't know why it defaults to the Modern control scheme. But I immediately switched it to Classic and I'm right at home with Chun-Li and Cammy. It may take a while to learn the new mechanics. But so far I absolutely love arcade mode.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I just unlocked the Classic control scheme for World Tour. So I'm starting to have some fun with it.

Umm, is there anyway to modify the avatar so it's not so dang ugly without having to restart World Tour?

Caldwin

Citizen
Turns out there is a cosmetic shop if you check the map. It costs 1000...whatever the units of money are.

IMG_2500.jpeg

I was able to tweak the proportions to make her look a tad bit better. Still not my favorite of all possible character creators.

Caldwin

Citizen
It's still available. It was pretty disappointing when it first came out due to very little single player stuff. But they (finally) added the single player stuff and is really worth checking out.

Caldwin

Citizen
I'm trying to go through each characters arcade story just to unlock the story bits and other art. Cammy is shaping up to be my main yet again. Juri I still like her character, but I don't think she'll be my main any time soon. Kimberly is kinda fun. I'm not sure if she'll become a main or not, but I'd like to try to learn her more. Lily is absolutely not my fighting style. She looks even younger than Sakura when she was introduced, making her short shorts rather...not a good design choice IMO.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2217.jpeg

I got Chun-Li's classic costume. Not sure which I like better. They're both pretty nice.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2501.jpeg

Got Cammy's classic costume. I don't know. Her new costume is really nice. And I always like a mid-riff. But at the same time, all of the camo is covered and it just doesn't feel r without her hat.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2503.jpeg

For this one I'm going to have to go with the new look. It looks more l the more relaxed guy they're portraying him as in this game.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2511.jpeg

It's hard not to like the class costume just because he's worn it (or something similar) since the first game. So it's nice to have it unlocked. But honestly I have to like the new look. Does he remind anyone else of Toshiro Mifune?

IMG_2514.jpeg

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2232.jpeg

Well, I like the camo better than the jumpsuit. But I actually do like the beard. Best thing would be a mix.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2517.jpeg

I've never really liked the baggy look. Other than that though , it's certainly not the worst costume of the game.

Top Bottom