Street Fighter 6 Announced

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I do hope Rashid comes back. I kind of enjoyed his character's personality and his play style.

Which one was Ed?

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
20221005_100245.jpg
20221005_094908.jpg

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Arise dead thread!

So Friday is release day. I pre-ordered the basic game last night digitally. I'm stuck between being hyped and just general disinterest at the new mechanics of the game. I get introducing new things at an iteration is expected, but really at this point in Street Fighter I just really need new interesting characters along side old favorites and let me loose on an arcade or story mode. That said, really not sure where I stand with the newbies. I haven't had any experience with them yet to inform my decisions and have been only really been paying attention to World Tour mode.

Which World Tour does look interesting enough. I find it odd being able to challenge most of the people walking around to a match but it's an interesting way to vary the fights beyond the normal cast. Though I feel like some peoples create a characters look horrifying. Maximillion Dood had some weird fun with it for sure.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
If you need something to build up some hype for 6, here's a video on some cut characters from Street Fighter's past.

Every single one of Menat's rejected designs needs to be spun out into different characters. I like ALL of them.

And this was put out a while ago, but I never posted it here. A hypothetical Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat roster.

(NSFW due to gore on the Mortal Kombat side)

As for Street Fighter 6 itself....I'm REALLY bad at fighting games, but listening to people like Thorgi talk about it has me at least semi-hyped. And the "graffiti" effects do make it look nice. I really need to work on my fighting game fundamentals. Hopefully, it's good. From the way people talk about the beta, I think it IS going to turn out better than V, anyway.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
I'm sure I'll be getting this, hopefully soon. But being on the mend and soon to be on short term disability, it wouldn't be too smart to get it immediately. I may want to check out some gameplay/reviews.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Reviews I've seen have been overwhelmingly positive. And with some time into it I gotta say the single player is good so far. World Tour gets a bit repetitive fighting the same goons over and over, but it's fun to create your own character and make them a mix of what you like from the rosters move pool. I just hope over time they add in the upcoming DLC characters in too.

Arcade has been ok. You generally get a opening scene with voice acting and four or five art panels and the same for the endings. Sadly knowing what I do know of Ken's story already his openings and ending barely paint the picture of his current situation. But as small introductions to the newbies they aren't too bad. I think so far of the newbies I've tried Lily is my favorite so far, but probably due to her giving me strong Talim vibes. I've tried Marisa and Manon as well and both are interesting move sets. To be honest Manon does feel similar to Elena but more reserved. Manon I like as she is a fast bruiser with some range.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I generally dislike fighting games, but there's part of me that wants to mess with this game JUST for the character editor.

spikeriley

Citizen
Reviews I've seen have been overwhelmingly positive. And with some time into it I gotta say the single player is good so far. World Tour gets a bit repetitive fighting the same goons over and over, but it's fun to create your own character and make them a mix of what you like from the rosters move pool. I just hope over time they add in the upcoming DLC characters in too.

Arcade has been ok. You generally get a opening scene with voice acting and four or five art panels and the same for the endings. Sadly knowing what I do know of Ken's story already his openings and ending barely paint the picture of his current situation. But as small introductions to the newbies they aren't too bad. I think so far of the newbies I've tried Lily is my favorite so far, but probably due to her giving me strong Talim vibes. I've tried Marisa and Manon as well and both are interesting move sets. To be honest Manon does feel similar to Elena but more reserved. Manon I like as she is a fast bruiser with some range.
I have to agree. Seeing a YouTuber's playthrough with him, his ending feels like a cliffhanger ending that puts him in a pickle.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I generally dislike fighting games, but there's part of me that wants to mess with this game JUST for the character editor.
The physical models can be messed with a ton at the start but you start out with pretty much pants and a generic tank top until you get more clothes from the World Tour mode or online shop. And even hours in I'm not really happy with my avatars current look.

Top Bottom