Stellar Blade

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
IMG_2428.png

I haven't heard much about this. Looks like a brawler. Most of what I heard is that the woman main character is pretty and that's a bad thing says Twitter. I may have to buy it for that alone.

Caldwin

Citizen
I went ahead and preordered it. Thanks to some points I had saved up with PlayStation Stars, I was able to get $30 off. I'll be sure to let ya'll know what I think.

Caldwin

Citizen
I just played the demo. Long story short, I'm keeping my preorder.

Under all the skimpy outfits and stunning hot woman main character, there's actual good gameplay. It's a "square=fast attack" "triangle=strong attack" type fighter. But is really good. The action is smooth. The sound hits hard. The graphics are pretty (and not just the main character." It actually looks like it's shaping up to be a good game.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I mean, guys were complaining about Aloy not being pretty enough in Horizon Forbidden West, or Tifa's boobs not being big enough in FF7 Remake.

I tend to eyeroll my eyes at fanservicey girls, but I enjoyed Bayonetta immensely. The sexuality was so overt it became hilarious/parody. Still have to finish 3, though.

Caldwin

Citizen
I really don't care if the main character is the wet dream of teenagers everywhere or if they're the everyday person from next door. I just care about good gameplay and good story. The fact that it made the crazy activists scream foul is just the icing on the cake.

And to think, I probably never would have ever heard of this game if not for their whining.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Played the demo. Eve's face is giving me some real uncanny valley vibes. The other human characters too, but her more, probably because she's the MC and gets the most screen time.

Otherwise it looks like a decent action game. Not sure if I'll preorder, but I'll probably pick it up at some point, unless reviews are absolutely terrible.

Caldwin

Citizen
So, ever have a demo that's basically the tutorial level, and the demo gives you the option to skip past the part already played when you get the full game, and you get the full game but it's been a while since you've played the demo and now you've forgotten the controls?

Good thing is it didn't take long to get into the swing of things. I think I'm going to like this game.

Caldwin

Citizen
Well, I'm sure you can find a PS5 now. It's a lot easier than it used to be. And it's a lot better than having one of those *shudder* X-Boxes.

Top Bottom