Stargirl - Season 1 on DC Universe and The CW, Season 2 onward on The CW

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the 12th ep. Someone here called it already but the revelation was still very gruesome. The final scene was chilling. Loved how it was done.

I don't get why the scene with Artemis tho. Just needed her out of the way?

We seriously barely got any Courtney lately! Geez! It's her show! I wouldn't have minded if it was the Crock Happy Time Family Hour though. Sigh.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Watched the last episode just now after catching up with the season earlier this week. I kind of wish the villain lineup consisted more than the Icicle family and two others but it all came together to wrap up most of everything by the end. Obviously the last part with "Starman" and the cutaway to elsewhere was going to be a season hook to the next season if it had continued, but the final Scene was a good way to wrap it up in a bow while seeing a bit of what they may of had in mind to come. And who knows, maybe it will continue later in another form. Despite the Arrowverses Crisis, theres always more universes or timelines out there to explore as this series was to begin with. But I do think this was a good point to end it before it got too messy like the majority of the Arrowverse did before.

So now all that's left for DC on CW is to wrap the last season of The Flash. I don't have too high of hopes as they have burnt it out after the last few years, but here's hoping the last bastion of the Arrowverse has a good finale.... Oh wait Superman and Lois has season 3 coming too don't they. And that other Gotham academy or whatever...Is that still happening?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I really wish this season had felt a little more like the last 5 minutes of this last episode. I liked that ending. And it seemed like it hinted at what season 4 might have been.

Sad to see Stargirl go. It was a fun ride while it lasted.

And, yeah, as far as we know Gotham Knights is still coming to the CW sometime in 2023. Weird since all the OTHER DC shows are wrapping up, but...I guess they're betting it all on Batman? Or Batman-adjacent characters, as the case actually is, I guess?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw the 13th ep. I'm soooo glad the explanation at the end happened, or else the first scene did mean that Ultra Humanity lied and the really creepy repeated screaming scene meant a horrible, horrible nightmare for that poor guy.

I actually thought the body could regenerate the braincells, since it regenerated the dead flesh anyway. But where would the soul and memory be?

Yeah, just the icicle family was eh. They really shouldn't have killed all the other kid villains, haha

I was wondering why Artemis wasn't around but that got explained, haha. If they had the budget to go Darkest Night, we could have the Crocks return as undead. But then their bodies got turned to powder so no?

Sad to see the show go but it's ok.

Funny that Shipp can't get away from his role, haha. Good for him for always being around, hehe

There's still the Stargirl guest appearance in Titans, right? What ep would that be?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
IMG_20230208_050615.jpg

I love Moder's work in the Reboot Legion, when inked well.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've tried to watch this show 3 times but I have a hard time getting more than a few episodes in. That dad character is the worst and the show feels overly campy even by CW standards.

I haven't read any posts in here so as not to be spoiled but does it get better?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Well, even though he's blood thirsty with his comic writing (he killed Baby Wildebeest in Infinite Crisis! Who does that?!?), I had faith in Geoff Johns. He puts comic book sensibilities in the show.

I think the teen drama is not that pronounced. I think? I might be re envisioning season 1 in rose tinted glasses.

Dad Luke Wilson was ok. I dunno if he was campy. The kids sometimes look goofy in their suits but that ok, haha

There's a pair of characters I absolutely adored and would have followed the series anyway just for their dynamic.

Oh, I remember getting scared in some parts of season 2.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Honestly, the camp's part of the fun. It never quite fully strays away from that overall feel, so if that's not doing it for you, you might end up disappointed. It's supposed to feel like slightly-kitschy Americana.

Season 2 DOES have more of a psychological horror bend. You might end up liking that more. But...Season 2 and onwards is when it moved to the CW and it feels like the budget took a bit of a cut. More talking, less special effects.

It's a top-tier CW superhero show...but it IS still a CW show. And it can get a little soapy in later seasons. If that's just not you're thing, it's just not going to work for you. I've always been a fan of the JSA, and getting to see some more of them was fun. But, if you don't know who any of these characters are, it might not mean as much to you.

I'm just wondering, what is your issue with Pat/the Dad, specifically? I thought he was pretty decent, honestly.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't really have a specific reason I don't like him. I just don't. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way but I have no idea why.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Honestly, the camp's part of the fun. It never quite fully strays away from that overall feel, so if that's not doing it for you, you might end up disappointed. It's supposed to feel like slightly-kitschy Americana.

Season 2 DOES have more of a psychological horror bend. You might end up liking that more. But...Season 2 and onwards is when it moved to the CW and it feels like the budget took a bit of a cut. More talking, less special effects.

Huh, I'm just realizing this. I recall season 1 finale having sfx fights but season 2's other world thing being eeeeh (low budget) and season 3 having Courtney be less in action and just doing a lot of talk (part of the plot though).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I don't really have a specific reason I don't like him. I just don't. Something about him just rubs me the wrong way but I have no idea why.
Might it have to do with the fact he's played by Luke Wilson?

He's been a few other things I really disliked him in, but in this I felt he brought a lot of heart and sincerity to the show.

Kalidor

Supreme System Overlord
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well I really have no idea who he is outside of the fact he's related to Owen Wilson who I mostly feel indifferent about so I don't think that's it.

I've never seen or heard of him until this show

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
All I can say is, give the show a few episodes. Episodes 4 and 5 were the ones that really reeled me in hook, line, and sinker.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I had to get past Wildcat. Midnite was my character to watch.

Get to the season 1 finale! It's more or less the first 12 issues of the Stars and Stripe comic.

Top Bottom