Stargirl - Season 1 on DC Universe and The CW, Season 2 onward on The CW

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
We might have to wait until Infinity Inc part 2 to see how it all goes. But, it's possible that Infinity Inc will be the heroic public face, and Helix will be the organization running things in secret behind the scenes.

As for Shadow powers....yeah, it's kind of a big elemental thing in DC Comics. A bunch of characters are tied into the Shadowlands, a dimension of shadows where the Great Darkness was sent after the universe was created.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
This one's going to hurt...

Stargirl is cancelled. The series finale will air in December.

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed.

I kind of feel like Stargirl was the only student in CW's class who actually wanted to do superhero stuff, by the end. All the other shows, I kind of feel, wanted to focus on side characters and side plots to the detriment of their shows. But, Stargirl actually kept it's focus on it's superhero cast and managed to make us care about it's supporting casts in a way that didn't distract from the main plot. I've always been fond of DC's golden-age characters, and this show did them proud. It's pretty clear that the budget shrank after the first season and the move to the CW, but I think the creators wrote around it well and made the best they could of it. I'm going to miss this one.

The good news is, Geoff Johns seems to have planned for this and the finale is supposed to be satisfying as a series finale.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In last night's episode, when did Cameron learn how to fight like that? The guy was doing backflips, air kicks, somersaults, and all kinds of Power Ranger-style fighting techniques.

It's never been hinted that he ever took any kind of self-defense training.

Also, his grandma is remarkably fit and durable for her age.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Yeah, given how protected and sheltered he's been, his grandparents or father isn't really a possibility.

I doubt Courtney had time to teach him all that off screen, either.

Umm...maybe whatever gave the Mahkent family superpowers ALSO made them natural-born super-soldiers?

In the comics, the original Icicle was just a scientist with a freeze gun (which somehow affected his genetics so his son got superpowers). So...I'm guessing the origin is a little different, here.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Caught up. End of Infinity Inc was predictable but I'm very happy that Shade will be with the kids. With Sand around, his kid team can be Shadowpact, haha. Seeing the other kids of Helix was such a dang tease. All girls tho?

Yeeeeah, the Mahkents were fighting really well, haha. Looooved Beth getting the... I dunno, Iron Man treatment? Too bad we only saw one attack from her. I'm thinking Artemis' face was covered cuz the actress is not available sooooo that's someone else in there.

Hoping for Shiv to stay with the good guys, even though I remember she was horrible in season 1. Killed her mom? And other students?

The Crocks being validated makes me very happy, hehe

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
So, they revealed who was behind the cameras and the killer in the very newest episode. I won't spoil it, but I will say...

Yeah, this...was NOT a solvable mystery.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Nope. Didn't see that reveal or ending coming.

I don't remember Cindy killing anyone other than her step mother, but that was more Eclipso.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Yeah, Cindy didn't kill her stepmother, Eclipso did. She was even remorseful about it, like "I didn't want you to kill her! I didn't want her dead!"

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I've kind of been waiting for everyone to catch up. What with the various ways to watch and all.

IF the Crocks stay dead, then that really is a shame. I really was getting to like them as characters. Even if this is the last season, it's a shame for them to go that way.

That's kind of the thing, though. This is a comic book TV show. There's dozens of ways to come back from the dead, if they really want to bring them back for a happy ending. Even if they are about as dead as dead can get in fictional terms, the Spectre or the Black Lanterns or Doctor Fate or Neron or the Thunderbolt or someone could just show up at the last minute and resurrect them. Or they can turn them into Solomon Grundys. So, I'm just not *quite* buying they're dead-dead. Even if they got literally dusted.

I mean, they've literally given Cosmo the Cosmic Staff the power to resurrect people, like Sylvester. Would it be overpowered to give Courtney to bring back literally ANY hero she wants to? Yes, but this is the last season anyway, so who cares? Plus, there IS something thematically appropriate for a legacy character to have the power to bring back "forgotten" heroes, literally.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I don't get the science of it all though. It was like they disintegrated. How could Beth analyze the particles and figure they were human? I know it would have been gruesome to have fractured remains tho.

Btw, there's no way to that guy could have known who slammed into him. Not unless he saw videos after. If there was a video somewhere.

Also, he said it was a regrettable but accidental incident. Everybody should have asked if there was video proof, what with the spying the around.

Top Bottom