Stargirl - Season 1 on DC Universe and The CW, Season 2 onward on The CW

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
With as good as Season 1 was, I had high hopes for Season 2 to be just as good. So far, it is pretty good.

Tonight's new episode sure was a major game changer.

Eclipso is terrifying, both in action and physical appearance.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Agreed. This show remains great. Glad moving it to the CW has not impacted its quality.

The fight direction was really great moving from pair to pair.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm glad they were able to use Beth effectively during the fight even if she is the weakest link, combat-wise.

She isn't a fighter, so they had her use diversionary tactics with her goggles' holograms, and had her be the one to rescue Mike during the chaos.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
John Wesley Shipp!!!

(^ Not a spoiler, it was announced awhile back)

His Jay Garrick Flash costume is the same one he wears on The CW's The Flash. I hope this means that his Earth is now the same one as Stargirl's Earth, and thereby makes Jay another surviving JSA member.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I'm still on episode 5 but I loved how Sportsmaster and Tigress were there for Artemis on ep4. It's psycho but sweet, haha.

Eclipso IS terrifying. The opening in the first ep was such a horror movie. Would have been cooler if more of it was happening in the background but it only started again on ep5.

I owned the Eclipso Annuals and the series and it was just way bloody. The 13th issue where he slaughters the then considered superfluous heroes was sick. I guess Geoff Johns having the female Wildcat and Mid-Nite face him in the show would be considered sorta cathartic if/when they beat him.

Edit - I'm in ep9 and this is all so horror movie! Totally Stephen King's It! Geez! I'm so scared for everybody! Haha

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
10th ep wasn't as scary but I guess they're wrapping up.

From the previous previous ep though, why did they have to kill the new Fiddler? He could have been so cool.

I kinda hope Chuck returns.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
Probably killed him to show that Eclipso is a very serious threat. The whole Fiddler family seemed to get wiped out in a matter of months.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I KNOW! it's such a shame! The lady fiddler was killed on a whim too. Kid fiddler would have been awesome to have around longer.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
We never got an ep exploring Jakeem's personality, right? They should have had something that shows that he's 'better'.

Hope Shade comes back. He was cool. Also, I hope the computer Chuck comes back too, even if MidNite is around.

Powered Convoy

Randy
Citizen
That was a very satisfying season finale. Always enjoy the effect on their faces when Eclipso possesses someone. Very interested in the setup for the third season.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Is that cannon? That Cosmo has a spiritual side? I thought maybe Eclipso needed it for some Stargate power.

As I thought, someone did 95% of the job. Would have been satisfying if someone did take a bite out of crime.

I REALLY wanted more crock and roll action. Someone should write a fanfic where Eclipso uses his powers on them but can only find overwhelming love, albeit the evil kind.

I'm very sad that it's over for the Young Injustice Society. There's too many heroes now! I hope, with the secondary title, that we get a rival school of competitive Helix members. So they'd be rivals but not enemies.

Bet Hourman wishes he wasn't so quick to destroy his hourglass now, haha. What can he do next?

Little brother (whatsisname again?) is really a bit psycho. Shoves a drill as a back attack against Sportsmaster, runs over Icicle last season and now this? His attack was a horror movie move.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I don't believe the Cosmic Staff in the comics has anything to do with "the power of creation". But, they're doing different stuff with the staff in this show, so it's probably something new.

A good finale. I'm kind of wondering what they're setting up with Starman's return (if that's even really him...). And it was fun to see Director Bones in live action (with Keith David aka Goliath from Gargoyles voice no less!).

I'm kind of surprised we didn't get a teaser for Obsidian, yet, but maybe they haven't even cast him.

Also, slight spoiler, but since most people won't get the reference, more about the inspiration for Helix:

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Little brother (whatsisname again?) is really a bit psycho. Shoves a drill as a back attack against Sportsmaster, runs over Icicle last season and now this? His attack was a horror movie move.
All the times in this season where Mike felt guilty and remorseful over accidentally killing Icicle say otherwise.

And Eclipso is a literal inhuman monster. Anyone piloting a giant robot with a deployable saw arm feature would have done the same to destroy pure evil and protect their loved ones.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Mike and Yolanda should hang out and talk about their murders. Kidding.

Btw, no mentioned of Chuck the AI coming back? Oh I love the mention of a black and yellow costume for her.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
181495_239800589462938_149822088_n.jpeg

I'm guessing we'll get a flood of jokes about her new costume, if she does end up getting one based on her old Infinity Inc one. Especially, since it's coming from her parents.

"What do you mean, you don't like the sleeves?"
"That's not Pac-Man, honey."
"Those boots are perfectly practical."

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Yeah, THAT suit! I rather like that Mid-Nite costume on her!

Looking at it again, she's almost like Cyclops, hehe

Btw, to confirm, Jade's ring isn't an Oan Green Lantern right? Like, Alan Scott had a... Starheart? Or something? Weak to wood? Explains why Obsidian has dark powers?

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I actually do like that color scheme, too. Maybe not the specifics, but the color schemes pretty good.

In the comics, yeah, Jade's connected to the Starheart, which is all the magic of the universe the Guardians of the Universe gathered in order to try and control "chaos". Basically, in the comics most of the time, she's a meta/mutant and doesn't even need a ring. I doubt they'll go too much into it in the show. They might not want to confuse people with that HBO Green Lantern show coming up. Or maybe they will, they've made a few deep-cut references in the show before. But, the Starheart origin was always a little strange, and a retcon from the 90s itself.

Top Bottom