Star Trek: The Original Series and The Next Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I don’t think this would work with any other iteration of Star Trek except for the Original Series:

I think it’s because the other iterations are just too serious, whereas the original crew was kind of more relaxed, fun and laid back.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
There was something disappointing with Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock. It was nowhere near the quality of Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan or Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

It was almost like they went cheap and low-budget. They did not even have the money to get back Kristy Ally as Lt. Savek. They killed off the Genesis story, which was a let-down. And Leonard Nimoy couldn’t be in the movie because he had to direct the thing himself.

And the worst thing that came out of the Search for Spock was that Kirk became a racist against Klingons.

Something was wrong with that movie, from the shoestring budget to the scaled down plot. What was the point of Kirk’s son sacrificing himself for Lt Savek who wasn’t even the original actress playing her, and who went on to do absolutely nothing, never to be seen or heard from again, and did nothing of any note or consequence. What a waste!

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Per Picard, Saavik actually went on to command the first USS Titan, which was actually the official Federation "flagship" (between Enterprises?) around 2290 at Sulu's suggestion.

wentwood

Citizen
I own all 13 movies and am watching in order at present. I started The Wrath Of Khan.

However maybe they should just give up on the next movie and just pull a Tomb Raider 18 with it and start over.

At least we'd have a chance of a 14th over all movie which has been 7 years over due at least since we got Beyond.

However I get to watch all 3 Kelvin movies so it will be interesting to see how the trilogy flows together out of curiosity.

This is my first time watching all 13 together btw.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
William Shatner needs to do more Star Trek, get it back on track, right the ship:

roll Gene Roddenberry back over in his grave.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Shatner is in his 90s, man. Ain't no way he's ever coming back to do any kind of major Star Trek project at this point.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don’t think this would work with any other iteration of Star Trek except for the Original Series:

I think it’s because the other iterations are just too serious, whereas the original crew was kind of more relaxed, fun and laid back.

That Chekov and Scotty look a like are spot on. Uhura is pretty good too. This commercial was apparently made in 1995 using look a likes and the actual voice clips from the show.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I own all 13 movies and am watching in order at present. I started The Wrath Of Khan.

However maybe they should just give up on the next movie and just pull a Tomb Raider 18 with it and start over.

At least we'd have a chance of a 14th over all movie which has been 7 years over due at least since we got Beyond.

However I get to watch all 3 Kelvin movies so it will be interesting to see how the trilogy flows together out of curiosity.

This is my first time watching all 13 together btw.

I would rather they give us a Legacy film or something that continues the Prime storyline rather that reboot it again.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The mainstream and normies, casual Star Trek fans, really only care about the Original Series and Next Generation.

That’s why all of the movies have been Original Crew or Next Generation crew.

If they thought a DS9, Voyager, Enterprise, or any other iteration movie would fly they would have done it by now. Hardcore fans would go see them but they would just be pleasuring themselves while the rest of the population would be uninterested.

They had to bring Picard out of rigor mortis to make as much money from the Next Generation as they possibly can. They let some DS9 and Voyager characters hop in for the ride because they knew they could not carry an entire limited-series Paramount pay-to-play show.

The fact that the movies have gone back to the Original Series well tells you where the liquid gold is.

Kup

Citizen
There was something disappointing with Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock. It was nowhere near the quality of Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan or Star Trek: The Motion Picture.

It was almost like they went cheap and low-budget. They did not even have the money to get back Kristy Ally as Lt. Savek. They killed off the Genesis story, which was a let-down. And Leonard Nimoy couldn’t be in the movie because he had to direct the thing himself.

And the worst thing that came out of the Search for Spock was that Kirk became a racist against Klingons.

Something was wrong with that movie, from the shoestring budget to the scaled down plot. What was the point of Kirk’s son sacrificing himself for Lt Savek who wasn’t even the original actress playing her, and who went on to do absolutely nothing, never to be seen or heard from again, and did nothing of any note or consequence. What a waste!
Ummm…

Any film that follows TWoK is going to be seen as lesser quality. That said, ST3 is pretty solid. IIRC, Alley wanted more money than many of the other established actors since her fame had increased due to Cheers. Also, the Genesis plot continues in ST4 and even is alluded to in ST6 with Kirk’s grief/healing.

Nothing about Nimoy being “unable” to be in the film since he had to direct. He wanted to direct. He also directed ST4 and appears plenty throughout that film. Again. IIRC, directing was one of Nimoy’s conditions for returning.

wentwood

Citizen
All they ccan do with this is continue with the USS Enterprise B under Harriman even if they have to reslot that cast.

Also there would be enough timeline to carry ther story forward with the USS Enterprise NCC 1701-C under Garrett.

So they can pick up with Harriman and Garrett and connect to the 1701-D under Picard. They could do a few movies
with Enterprise B and C to fill in the gap.

Star Trek VII Generations was with DeMora Sulu so it would have to continue with the kids of the crew of Enterprise.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Other than Kirk, Sulu, and Chekov, none of the TOS crew have been confirmed to have kids though. And they would have to recast Sulu's daughter as its been what, 25 years?

Still, I would love to see some adventures of the Enterprise B and C.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Why does Denise Crosby show up at Star Trek conventions and in Star Trek documentaries when she dropped out so early.

She threw away her role like it was nothing.

Denise had no respect for Star Trek, like it was beneath her.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would say that Gates McFadden felt it was beneath her, hence not using her real name, which is Cheryl Gates McFadden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom